Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,019 of 1019

Thread: KruleBear's WIP WIP

Level up !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Level up !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Don't worry Bam, next year KB is going to be gIvins you a run for your money with his newly aquired painting skills.
    lol...I think you two started drinking too early today!

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    Damn CMON forums, had lost your thread in saved thread, good thing I decided to check in the main wip lobby! Nice KB, that steel is awesome for first attempt, but you know me, who am I to discuss NMM.. I swear I will make anything possible to make it to Adepticon next year have a blast with you guys and show you guy my stuff in real. Oh I am easy to find, look for a stick like 6 feet tall guy!
    Thanks MAM. So fa I still prefer metallics, but for nmm to work the blending has to be much better. So if I play with nmm for a bit I am hoping it will improve my overall blending. And I don't expect anyone to follow my thread as it tends to get pretty dusty from time to time. But I appreciate everyone who stops in.

...which reminds me...Digga, when are we going to see an update in your wip.

@KB, I follow my friends threads

Practice and fast brush strokes and no dry paints!
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 03-27-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Whats a WiP? I forgot lol.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Oh a whip....yep, I'm fresh out of them...
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

LOL! Jocelyn and Digga, to plagiarize BAM....you guys are GOLDEN!

Hey what'sup? Missing your posts... have you been busy with some other magic castle/dungeon?
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    Hey what'sup? Missing your posts... have you been busy with some other magic castle/dungeon?
    Ummm, errr, ahhh,....it's Digganob's fault! (Did that sound like a believable lie?)

Unfortunately the real world has been a tad crazy the past few months (including finalizing the adoption paperwork for our daughter whom has been in our care since she was born in November...ah government bureaucracy).

However, I still try to check the forums regularly and spend money on this addiction we have. I have been really intrigued with Gaslands, so my son and I have been stripping Hotwheels and don't have any in a finished state to share. My long delayed CAV Kickstarter minis also arrived and I have been assembling them (but no painting).

Name:  IMG_1081.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  1.20 MB

This got me excited about playing a game (some day) and bought a bunch of terrain buildings. One wharehouse is 99% done, I just need to glue in the windows, then I will grab a picture.

Crikey, that’s a lot of minis. Any sign of starting the painting on them?
    error 404: signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Crikey, that’s a lot of minis. Any sign of starting the painting on them?
    I am not sure I understand what that means??? They are already finished in "urban shadow gray camoflage"! LOL.

To make things worse, that is just the second wave of the second Kickstarter. i actually have about 3x that many. And the base set up is designed for a play area about the size of the table this bunch is on----so I will have a lot of reserve troops. I DO NOT HAVE A KICKSTARTER ADDICTION..well maybe a little one

Did I mention that Canny convinced me to buy a resin 3D printer, while waiting on my delayed Kickstarter filament 3D printer to deliver??? Yeah, I really needed another hobby aspect to keep me distracted.

You need help...

Relieved that you and your family seem to be save and sound. Congratulations on the finishing of all that bureaucracy and specially for that adoption.
    On the kickstarter flood of miniatures.... I was caught with arcadia quest, and really felt overwhelmed by that huge amount of miniatures. So I won't think I'll be repeating that... at least for some months more... maybe weeks... well in fact I pledged for the Hirelings of ashura, but well that's only three figures or that is the thing I explained myself for pledging... xD

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    .../My long delayed CAV Kickstarter minis also arrived and I have been assembling them (but no painting)/...
    Well that's the first step for doing so, I would AB them with a colour or two and call them done....
    .../They are already finished in "urban shadow gray camoflage"! LOL. .../
    Mmmm I think that I also have that colour somewhere... hahaha

....Did I mention that Canny convinced me to buy a resin 3D printer, while waiting on my delayed Kickstarter filament 3D printer to deliver??? Yeah, I really needed another hobby aspect to keep me distracted.
    Don't hesitate to share your experiments with those! And well... at least with two printers you will be able to print double the fast! xD
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

cricky that a lot of things to paint. id be terrified of that sight
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post

Well that's the first step for doing so, I would AB them with a colour or two and call them done....
    Mmmm I think that I also have that colour somewhere... hahaha

Don't hesitate to share your experiments with those! And well... at least with two printers you will be able to print double the fast! xD
    That is the plan. I zenithal highlighted a bunch a year ago and will tint with the air brush. Minimal cleanup, but I will be changing the crappy bases they come with as they tend to tip over easily now. Now I have enough factions with this KS to actually build a couple competing teams for gaming and if I enjoy it, I will paint the rest or dump them all in my kids toy box....that is the advantage of the cheap Bones material folks!

I will be posting my results with the printer. So far I have learned that each brand of resin acts very differently and the one I have gotten good results with is a semi transparent green and doesn't photograph well. One I get some paint slapped on I will post some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    cricky that a lot of things to paint. id be terrified of that sight
    Yeah, it can definately be overwhelming and I won't be doing much with it due to family travel committments the next couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    You need help...
    There is no doubt about it...at least according to my wife!

Haha, sounds like you all have it planned out. I’m interested to see what the results of the printing look like once you’ve gone over the transparent green. It’s an interesting new world to the hobby, this 3D printing

Wow, just a couple of little projects to paint there lol good luck

Wait, how is this my fault!?!? Lol. I think at this point KB and me are part of a collective team of procrastinators and slackers lol. However in our defence....real life stuff.
    ." -Me-

Seen some really cool Gaslands stuff around the internet....looking forward to seeing your take on it KB. Oh and that quantity of unpainted minis would put me off for life....