KruleBear's WIP WIP - Page 57
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1158

Thread: KruleBear's WIP WIP

  1. #1121

    Default

    Love those glowing eyes and mouth, very scary! Do they light up in the dark to?

    Cheers,

    Gino(2dope)

  2. #1122

    Default

    You make some really cool stuff man. I absolutely love the longboat! I’ve been eager to get into printing, but not sure if i’m ready for that can of worms yet. Looks like you and your son make a great team!

  3. #1123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gino2dope View Post
    Love those glowing eyes and mouth, very scary! Do they light up in the dark to?

    Cheers,

    Gino(2dope)
    Nope, but that would be cool. Thanks Gino.

    Quote Originally Posted by StephanW0lf View Post
    You make some really cool stuff man. I absolutely love the longboat! I’ve been eager to get into printing, but not sure if i’m ready for that can of worms yet. Looks like you and your son make a great team!
    I appreciate it Stephan Wolf. Here some pictures of the current build with a couple 28mm skeletons on the bridge for scale. I think I will print 6 more pieces for this wizards castle and bridge set and then start painting it. I also included a shot of the next piece being printed. I will probably end up burning through three spools of filament on this build when I am done.

    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 285
Size:  239.0 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 288
Size:  176.8 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 286
Size:  100.7 KB

  4. #1124

    Default

    Killer prints!

    Santa brought me an Ender3 for the holidays, and I've been having a blast printing terrain for my son and I to use as well. Saves major cash...$15 for a roll of filament vs. $75+ for something at GW (albeit, much better quality).

    Keep us updated!

  5. #1125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeebs View Post
    Killer prints!

    Santa brought me an Ender3 for the holidays, and I've been having a blast printing terrain for my son and I to use as well. Saves major cash...$15 for a roll of filament vs. $75+ for something at GW (albeit, much better quality).

    Keep us updated!
    Thanks for the comments.

    The printer definately adds another aspect to the hobby. I have been paying about $20 per spool, so I need to start buying from your source. For this build I am looking at about $60 for filament, $18 for the files, maybe $5 for electricity, and amortization on the cost of the printer. So maybe $100 by the time I throw paint into the mix. I could probably drop the infill more which would maybe cut half a spool of filament out, but what I have is very sturdy. To me this build is between gaming terrain and lego blocks. It is much cheaper than Legos or the Dwarven Forge terrain I have bought.
    Last edited by KruleBear; 02-26-2019 at 06:53 AM.

  6. #1126
    Freak! SaintToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    2,281
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Great looking project, Krule. Definitely seems like a cost-effective and time-saving way to crank out the terrain. If only I knew someone who could use that...

  7. #1127

    Default

    Wow! Impressive project. Looking forward to see this growing. The tower somehow reminds me on Lord of the rings ^^

  8. #1128

    Default

    Thanks for the comments guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Great looking project, Krule. Definitely seems like a cost-effective and time-saving way to crank out the terrain. If only I knew someone who could use that...
    I am not sure about time saving, I have been working on this print for about a month...of course part of that was messing with failed prints for a few days until I realized I had a faulty spool of filament. I can see why folks hook up a Rasberry PI computer with a camera to their printers to monitor for failed prints while they are away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Wow! Impressive project. Looking forward to see this growing. The tower somehow reminds me on Lord of the rings ^^
    Yeah the sorcerers tower top in particular gave me that Sauron vibe. If I was real Ambitious I would figure out how to support an eye within those spires.

  9. #1129

    Default

    That castle is going to be amazing! And huge it sounds like!

  10. #1130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bob View Post
    That castle is going to be amazing! And huge it sounds like!
    LOL. Probably too huge.

    If anyone with a printer is interested, Kieran Billings who created these wizard tower files has another Kickstarter going for castle files. They make for nice gaming terrain. They are not as detailed as Printable Scenery or Fat Dragon files, but they look good and have a nice price point. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...le-border-fort

    Name:  4E9E8F3D-3914-45EC-B940-EF6052C14BEB.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  147.7 KB

  11. #1131

    Default

    Awesome to see what you are printing KB....so much potential there for modellers and creatives.

  12. #1132

    Default

    Wow -Krulebear I love following this!!!

  13. #1133

    Default

    Thanks guys. Your all the best. I find this technology very intriguing and it has got me interested in other at home manufacturing technology. I am optimistic that the printer I backed on Kickstarter delivers some year as it has a 3D scanner and laser cutting attachment. It will be cool to see what can be done with that technology at hone.

    BAM, I think I can safely say my wip thread is a tad eclectic!

  14. #1134

    Default

    Tad eclectic -maybe-father of the year material and extremely interesting to visit-100% !!!

  15. #1135

    Default

    First up....Apple you are so annoying updating my OS, so my photo cropping software doesn’t work. Oh well, I found a new app!

    Anyways, here is a simple terrain update. This is the Guard House / Toll Booth from Kiernan Billings’ Wizards Tower Expansion Set. IIRC this was printed at a 150 micron layer height. I tried smoothing out the print ridges using Polycrylic before priming. It didn’t seem to make a difference. This is a two piece print (building and roof) with a simple paintjob of dry brushing, washes, and matte coating. I think it turned out great for the game table. If I wanted something for display, I think I could get the quality necessary on my UV resin printer at higher resolution

    Name:  0002CFA5-6E50-4473-A516-E1F97C1500E8.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  286.2 KBName:  83E504B9-716E-4C75-BA87-6E80D74FB8C3.jpeg
Views: 122
Size:  206.3 KB

  16. #1136

    Default

    It's a nice design, and good looking paintjob. Shame about the layer lines, but I don't think they detract much here.

  17. #1137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gorb View Post
    It's a nice design, and good looking paintjob. Shame about the layer lines, but I don't think they detract much here.
    Thanks, I call this the good enough for table top gaming. If I wanted to use this for a display level presentation, I would print it at higher resolution on my UV resin printer. But these uor just for the son and I to play with.

  18. #1138

  19. #1139

    Default

    Papa of the century !!!!!!! I think that’s the coolest thing to get your Lil guy into the hobby . Make and paint models together.. so sweet!!!! Boy, no one will compare to his childhood!!!
    BaM

  20. #1140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    Wow cool stuff KB!
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Papa of the century !!!!!!! I think that’s the coolest thing to get your Lil guy into the hobby . Make and paint models together.. so sweet!!!! Boy, no one will compare to his childhood!!!
    BaM
    Thanks Jocelyn and John. Got to Adepricon at noon and the little Bear got his picture with A Space Marine and got a free mini...now he is acting a little too excited for mom and dad.

    Just completed a female pinting class with Rhonda Bender. Damn I am rusty. I also failed to bring my Raphael brushes and just had my Winsor and Newtons. One new and another Ihave used for a while....they were both shit and having frayed hairs running all over. Oh well.

    Looking forward to painting class with our own David Powell tomorrow morning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->