Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: KruleBear's WIP WIP

This is good stuff KB! I love the productivity as well. All of the bases look great, but those most recent ones with the stone effect are really great and realistic looking. All of this stuff is going to look awesome on your table.

You crack me up Digga...what is worse is when we are collaborating on a project. it is like a bubble forms in the time space continuum where nothing gets done! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuribo View Post
    This is good stuff KB! I love the productivity as well. All of the bases look great, but those most recent ones with the stone effect are really great and realistic looking. All of this stuff is going to look awesome on your table.

Thanks Kuribo. IIRC this set of zombies is from Hasslefree, so they will get a little more love. Once I start on the Zombicide minis they will just get plain black bases as I won't take the time to cut them off the game bases (and I will want to get them back into play asap).

As little as I paint I was surprised at how much I got done this year. We were cleaning up and I had all the minis I finished for little man and what I did zombie skin trials and that was a lot of minis for one year!

Lmao, this sounds like a good dr. Who episode.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Really like seeing the rough to done comparison on those bases. They look super sharp.

Thanks Vibal. I am glad to hear my hobby ADD provides some insight. In this case I thought it was useful to share that something that starts out looking like poo can turn out pretty nice with just a little work.

P.s.....Digga, you are still nuts! Lol

Nuts!?!?! That something you would call a person who escaped the loony bin. I on the other hand fooled them into letting me out.
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Nuts!?!?! That something you would call a person who escaped the loony bin. I on the other hand fooled them into letting me out.
    But these jackets that the sleevs buckle together on are rather trendy...

On a serious note, I wanted to share some stuff with my paint nerd friends. My painting has been very sporadic recntly do to some personal stuff....some bad and some good. Bad...a close uncle passed away and it is essentially up to me to manage his 89 years of hoarding from 7 hours away. Good...a few months ago we were approached to do a private adoption for oung girl that was not able to take care of a new child. So this past week we added a newborn 7 lb 7 oz girl to the KruleBear Clan. It has been scary exciting for us and I should be back to some painting again in a few weeks as we get used to sleepless nights again....the scariest thing is that I will be 66 when she graduates from high school . Cheers folks and I hope my fellow Americans had as blessful Thanksgiving Holiday as we did.

looking great KB. really nice bases and minis.

Hey, you are working on the only minis that matter: the little human ones. Everything else is a distant second in terms of importance
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Thanks Canny, that means a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Hey, you are working on the only minis that matter: the little human ones. Everything else is a distant second in terms of importance
    You got that right Zab....and all that secondary stuff is a long way off at the moment.

I'm sorry, and GratS krule. Also happy late turkey day, hope you got proppa stuffed.
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    I'm sorry, and GratS krule. Also happy late turkey day, hope you got proppa stuffed.
    Thanks Digga, the happy has definately outweighed any setbacks and I know have an example of a good way to to bite the dust...independent into old age and know within a couple days when the end is coming to say your goodbyes and then go without any pain.

And Thanksgiving went great. I got things that required simple prep and spent it with close family and friends. Maple glazed ham, stuffing, young broiled potatoes, veggie tray, gravy, coleslaw, macaroni salad, rice cripy treats, and wine...oh wait, did I mention that two hours before people were supposed to arrive, my wife came up to me with her sad eyes and said, " Aren't you going to make your homemade pumpkin pie this year. We love it". So being the boss of my family...I sid yes dear and busted but to make my homemade pumpkin filling to put in a frozen crust. I am such a sucker...

Mmmmmm lovely food. The UK should adopt thanksgiving
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Lmao, you sure showed her who the boss was. I'm glad it was a good one. And yes ten. Everyone needs a day off to stuff themselves with as much food as possible.
    ." -Me-

I somehow missed your latest updates until now but congratulations on your recent news (and I'm glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving too!). I'll be looking forward to seeing what painting projects you and/or "Lil' Krule" tackle when things settle back down for you

Thanks guys. I have been able to get one afternoon of gaming in, but most of my home time has been spent on baby proofing the house..i.e. Replacing all the stuff I removed about 6 months ago

@AndyG: I will air freight you American style Thanksgiving meals every month if you can get the damn riyal wedding stories out of the U.S. news.....it is driving me nutters.