Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,041 to 1,056 of 1056

Thread: KruleBear's WIP WIP

Thanks guys. @StToad-He definitely has an old school vibe. The simplicitly of the sculpt suggests I should attempt some freehand..oh my that should be interesting.

Digga you are my favorite wise nut on the forum. I rely on you to keep me on my toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Enough of this shit IM GOING TO BUY A 3D printer and make wizards,turtles and rabbits too...no more mr nice guy..lol really successful ide say.nice sharing krule.
    BAM, I am guesing in another five years they will have an inexpensive dsp resin printer with the quality of the high end laser resin printer of today. Then you will definitely want to get one.

Well how about some real work. I promised I would show a finished terrain piece, so here is the warehouse and the scale looks nice compared to a CAV. I was ready happy with the widows, but the sky/earth effect is lost in the photos. This is also the one I messed the roof decal up on and hid it with a paper printout varnished to the roof.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  111.4 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 259
Size:  106.9 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 255
Size:  120.3 KB

Cheers-Mike

edit: it is hard to type a coherent paragraph when the "L" won't work on my phone.
    Last edited by KruleBear; 07-07-2018 at 10:48 PM.

the terrain has turned out grand. will look great on a gaming table.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Yeah it looks great! The decal and the blue window frames are really eye-catching

Looking great KB!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Lol, glad I could be here for you bud. That building came out so good.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDerricks View Post
    Yeah it looks great! The decal and the blue window frames are really eye-catching
    I was trying to go for a newer precast concrete warehouse look. I would like to say I picked the blue trim, because it fit the Ritterlich faction of CAV that is represented in the dual griffin symbol on the roof. Of course that was just a happy accident!

A colleague at work had been real helpful and is really into Dr. Who. So I found this Dalek on Thingiverse. i split it into three pieces, hollowed it out, and shrunk it down to about twice the hight of a space marine. It came out with the collapse "suction cup" thingy. So I added a support and printed him a clean copy and I kept the poor coppy shown here. I did learn my leason and temped the joints together with poster tack before super gluing and the joins came together nicely.

Name:  IMG_1135.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  79.5 KB

I keep hoping with the better quality 3D printers coming out for cheaper prices that gaming minis prices will also drop, haven't seen it yet though :P Awesome examples of what can be done with a 3D printer!

Quote Originally Posted by Guawol View Post
    I keep hoping with the better quality 3D printers coming out for cheaper prices that gaming minis prices will also drop, haven't seen it yet though :P Awesome examples of what can be done with a 3D printer!
    I am guessing that the price of 3D files will actually go up to keep artists doing the work.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit

Looks great Krule. I look forward to the launch of KruleBear Minis in the near future!

Thanks guys. You all are what keeps me plodding along. I have been out of pocket for awhile, so will be spending the next few days getting caught up on the awesome forum. I have been prepping some scenery, but have a milestone birthday for my wife tomorrow and then a party for it next week. She is busting her butt with the kids, so I am goung to try to get her some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuribo View Post
    Looks great Krule. I look forward to the launch of KruleBear Minis in the near future!
    ROFL. It is not too hard to buy a file and do minor manipulation. Did I mention I bought another 3D printer? A filiment unit (Anycubic i3 Mega) to print larger terrain pieces cheaper. I have learned a lot and printed a boat, a few ships, printer tools, and a gift for the wife. I have a building in the queue now that will be done printing in three days. It is a nice diversionary aspect of the hobby that I can mess with in the few minutes of time between taking care of the kids and work.

Hopefully I will have something to post in the next couple of weeks.

Was considering buying a folament 3D printer myself but looking at the quality of the resin based ones I think I'll be saving up for one of those instead! Good work

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Tudor View Post
    Was considering buying a folament 3D printer myself but looking at the quality of the resin based ones I think I'll be saving up for one of those instead! Good work

AJ
    I think it depends on what you want. For small miniatures that you what smooth prints the UV resin printer is the way to go, but it is a fussy pain in the ass at times. For larger terrain type pieces where you can get by with a rougher finish, filament is the way to go. After a couple test prints, I have been printing almost continuously for two weeks with no issues since print number two.

Here is a long boat from the Lost Islands KS by Printable Scenery I printed last week and dry brushed this morning. I still need to paint up the wake and oars, then add a protective coating. I have a large mast ship I need to start assembling soon

Name:  IMG_1144.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  78.9 KB

Beautiful!!! Looks excellent krule!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Nice boat

had a package arrive a few days back very impressive!!!! Started laying some coats down... already heaps of fun to paint!!!

Thanks Maenas. It won't win any awards, but looks great on the table and the price for the filament printed 3D objects is cheap enough the I am not paranoid about letting the kids play with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Creations View Post
    Nice boat

had a package arrive a few days back very impressive!!!! Started laying some coats down... already heaps of fun to paint!!!
    Thanks Chaotic. That is awesome that it arrived. I will be interested in your thoughts on it. My biggest surprise was how easy all the supports on the resin minis were to remove, but I haven't put a brush to mine yet to see how the residue impacts painting.