KruleBear's WIP WIP - Page 57
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,121 to 1,134 of 1134

Thread: KruleBear's WIP WIP

  1. #1121

    Default

    Love those glowing eyes and mouth, very scary! Do they light up in the dark to?

    Cheers,

    Gino(2dope)

  2. #1122

    Default

    You make some really cool stuff man. I absolutely love the longboat! I’ve been eager to get into printing, but not sure if i’m ready for that can of worms yet. Looks like you and your son make a great team!

  3. #1123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gino2dope View Post
    Love those glowing eyes and mouth, very scary! Do they light up in the dark to?

    Cheers,

    Gino(2dope)
    Nope, but that would be cool. Thanks Gino.

    Quote Originally Posted by StephanW0lf View Post
    You make some really cool stuff man. I absolutely love the longboat! I’ve been eager to get into printing, but not sure if i’m ready for that can of worms yet. Looks like you and your son make a great team!
    I appreciate it Stephan Wolf. Here some pictures of the current build with a couple 28mm skeletons on the bridge for scale. I think I will print 6 more pieces for this wizards castle and bridge set and then start painting it. I also included a shot of the next piece being printed. I will probably end up burning through three spools of filament on this build when I am done.

    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 160
Size:  239.0 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  176.8 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  100.7 KB

  4. #1124

    Default

    Killer prints!

    Santa brought me an Ender3 for the holidays, and I've been having a blast printing terrain for my son and I to use as well. Saves major cash...$15 for a roll of filament vs. $75+ for something at GW (albeit, much better quality).

    Keep us updated!

  5. #1125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeebs View Post
    Killer prints!

    Santa brought me an Ender3 for the holidays, and I've been having a blast printing terrain for my son and I to use as well. Saves major cash...$15 for a roll of filament vs. $75+ for something at GW (albeit, much better quality).

    Keep us updated!
    Thanks for the comments.

    The printer definately adds another aspect to the hobby. I have been paying about $20 per spool, so I need to start buying from your source. For this build I am looking at about $60 for filament, $18 for the files, maybe $5 for electricity, and amortization on the cost of the printer. So maybe $100 by the time I throw paint into the mix. I could probably drop the infill more which would maybe cut half a spool of filament out, but what I have is very sturdy. To me this build is between gaming terrain and lego blocks. It is much cheaper than Legos or the Dwarven Forge terrain I have bought.
    Last edited by KruleBear; 02-26-2019 at 06:53 AM.

  6. #1126
    Freak! SaintToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Great looking project, Krule. Definitely seems like a cost-effective and time-saving way to crank out the terrain. If only I knew someone who could use that...

  7. #1127

    Default

    Wow! Impressive project. Looking forward to see this growing. The tower somehow reminds me on Lord of the rings ^^

  8. #1128

    Default

    Thanks for the comments guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Great looking project, Krule. Definitely seems like a cost-effective and time-saving way to crank out the terrain. If only I knew someone who could use that...
    I am not sure about time saving, I have been working on this print for about a month...of course part of that was messing with failed prints for a few days until I realized I had a faulty spool of filament. I can see why folks hook up a Rasberry PI computer with a camera to their printers to monitor for failed prints while they are away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Wow! Impressive project. Looking forward to see this growing. The tower somehow reminds me on Lord of the rings ^^
    Yeah the sorcerers tower top in particular gave me that Sauron vibe. If I was real Ambitious I would figure out how to support an eye within those spires.

  9. #1129

    Default

    That castle is going to be amazing! And huge it sounds like!

  10. #1130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bob View Post
    That castle is going to be amazing! And huge it sounds like!
    LOL. Probably too huge.

    If anyone with a printer is interested, Kieran Billings who created these wizard tower files has another Kickstarter going for castle files. They make for nice gaming terrain. They are not as detailed as Printable Scenery or Fat Dragon files, but they look good and have a nice price point. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...le-border-fort

    Name:  4E9E8F3D-3914-45EC-B940-EF6052C14BEB.jpeg
Views: 116
Size:  147.7 KB

  11. #1131

    Default

    Awesome to see what you are printing KB....so much potential there for modellers and creatives.

  12. #1132

    Default

    Wow -Krulebear I love following this!!!

  13. #1133

    Default

    Thanks guys. Your all the best. I find this technology very intriguing and it has got me interested in other at home manufacturing technology. I am optimistic that the printer I backed on Kickstarter delivers some year as it has a 3D scanner and laser cutting attachment. It will be cool to see what can be done with that technology at hone.

    BAM, I think I can safely say my wip thread is a tad eclectic!

  14. #1134

    Default

    Tad eclectic -maybe-father of the year material and extremely interesting to visit-100% !!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->