Games Day and Golden Demon 2012 Chicago July, 28th! - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Day and Golden Demon 2012 Chicago July, 28th!

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    The Hellions.
    At one time we had 5 demon winners from NC, and we were not part of Team NA, so we jokingly called ourselves Team NC. Our slogan was, " TeamNC: We are not some guild of calamitous intent."

And don't forget the other one Mike Lugo favored: "Team North Carolina... F@!#K YEA!"

Quote Originally Posted by khavor View Post
    And don't forget the other one Mike Lugo favored: "Team North Carolina... F@!#K YEA!"
    Yeah, there is that one, but I am partial to the firrst.

Looks like i will get up to Chicago for Gamesday. I had to agree to let the wife and sister in law go shopping to make it happen i will be dragging along my brother in law and we are looking forward to seeing everyones cool demon submissions.

Hey all,

I've got our dinner reservations booked at Giordano's for 6:30pm. The reservation is under my last name (Drescher). The address for the place is 9415 W Higgins Road, Rosemont IL. For those of you staying near the convention center, you just head north on River Road until you hit Higgins (about a mile or so) and hang a left. Giordano's is pretty much right on the corner there. See you all there! I'll probaby be the one in the Mass Effect shirt working off a huge sleep debt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrescher View Post
    Hey all,

I've got our dinner reservations booked at Giordano's for 6:30pm. The reservation is under my last name (Drescher). The address for the place is 9415 W Higgins Road, Rosemont IL. For those of you staying near the convention center, you just head north on River Road until you hit Higgins (about a mile or so) and hang a left. Giordano's is pretty much right on the corner there. See you all there! I'll probaby be the one in the Mass Effect shirt working off a huge sleep debt.
    Thanks for taking care of that, Dresch. Gonna be a great time! Not too long now!

I'm on the road to Chicago now with some friends for Games Day, got a few things finished to enter. Hopefully some of you guys I had a chance to hang out and talk with back in '08 will be there - a shame about the Demon Lounge being discontinued, that was nice when I was there.

Anyhow, it's been 4 years since I was last at a Games Day and I'm horrible at remembering names, but I'll be wearing an orange Reese's Peanut Butter Cup tshirt, so feel free to say 'hi'. And for everybody that's entering, good luck! Looking forward to seeing some quality stuff!

Default Getting the Tomb Kings ready for Armies on Parade

Well, folks, it's that time! I am just about to start packing up the army and such to bring to Games Day. For those of you attending, I humbly ask that you look over the army, and perhaps give me your vote:-) It would be much appreciated.

You can see all 51 posts about the army on the blog:

http://wappellious.blogspot.com/2012...s-arrayed.html

Here are some highlights from the army, including all sorts of scratch built and massively converted stuff:

Here are some pictures of the whole thing!

That's siiiiiiiiiiiick!!!
    Woooooohoooooooo I'm so excited!!!! Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

Is that a real light source there in the back? Or did you paint that? Cuz if you did it woulda be DAMN SICK! Anyways I think it looks really cool, kinda space scifi TK
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

any news on winners and pics?

Sanjay

Oh yes! tell us everything *cackles most excitedly while rubbing his hands together*

Moe

Yeah - Lots to tell. Not sure when pics are going up, but we had a fair smattering of winners from right here on CMON.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Yeah - Lots to tell. Not sure when pics are going up, but we had a fair smattering of winners from right here on CMON.
    Dang it Trystan don't tease us, tell us!!!!! please?

Todd Swanson = 5
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

Default my results from Games Day

It was great to see Mighty Chad and all the other CMONers there!

Well, sad to say, the army didn't win. It was very frustrating, since almost 1/3 of the armies there would not have fit under the old display guards, which GW opted to dump this year. It would have been nice to know that BEFORE games day, so that I could have built the board accordingly. This makes two years in a row of "moving target" rules, so am am serisouly rethinking AoP.

Given Dave Taylor's near loss in qualifying, and the wide range of rules at various stores (such as having to pay to enter at some stores), it is clear that the actual painting, or even the viability of the army as a gaming force, does not matter.

So from now on, I will simply toss in tournament armies, just like the Golden Demons. Since units I create for my armies are mostly for fun (and the occasional wrecking of face!), I don't get bummed if they don't win anyhthing.

Speaking of which, I did come home with some painted resin stuff:

And I was also pleasantly surprised to get a few of the trophies which I would have gotten had the 2009 cheathing scandal not occurred. Here is the Monster category bronze that came my way when the cheater was voided (I also had a Bronze move up to a Silver) Thanks to Dave Shaeffer!

Who won with what and how did Chris borer do?

And then we bow.

(grumble, need to paint a Slann mage-priest )

How did Kathy's big bird do and your Khorne herald MigthyChad?

I'll let kath tell the whole story, but big bird never made it to the show. Chad got bronze, and chris borer got silver in open. Drew (thedrescher) got three demons.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.