Games Day and Golden Demon 2012 Chicago July, 28th! - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Day and Golden Demon 2012 Chicago July, 28th!

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    I'll let kath tell the whole story, but big bird never made it to the show. Chad got bronze, and chris borer got silver in open. Drew (thedrescher) got three demons.
    I ran into Kath for a moment as i was leaving--sounded like a frustrating trip. I missed Chad's demon--that must have been pulled for photos as i was going throught thr line. I do remember seeing Wapellious' Army and the squad of winged marines- those wings really looked good.

Yep, I'm sure she'll tell the tale when she gets home, but she definitely did her best to get something in. It just wasn't in the cards. We were painting together Friday evening / Saturday morning and she fell asleep in her chair, mini in hand, about 5:30 Sat. morning. I had to do an all nighter to get my entry done, and then went and took an hour nap after entering. I managed a silver in diorama (WooHoo!)

Who has won the Slayer Sword? Any Names for the Winners? Any Pictures...... Come on, Chicago!
    "I think we will see a lot of such diorams in the future because Pandora box is oped, interest is huge and forum butthurt is just great." --- Decoy

Simply Wonderful......

---
    Visit us at http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/ ...

Todd Swanson won Slayer with his wood elf Lilith hesperax conversion.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Thanks, Trystan! ... Now I am even more curious about the Pics... Sounds Very cool!
    "I think we will see a lot of such diorams in the future because Pandora box is oped, interest is huge and forum butthurt is just great." --- Decoy

Simply Wonderful......

---

It was something else. I was too busy running around to wait in line and take pics of anything, but I'm sure someone around here did.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Yeah guys! where are the pics? Nearly every cell phone now has a camera, but nobody has any pictures? Not even a list of the winners?

This is the only pic I have found of the Slayer, from a blog:
    http://mengelminiatures.blogspot.com/

Cell phones do have cameras, but they take abysmally bad pictures. And as anyone who has voted or submitted a mini on this site can tell you, bad pics are a bad idea.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

But, bad pictures are better then no pictures... no? But what I was trying to get at, is that I find it amazing that in a country like America, where access to cameras and the internet is so readily available, there is almost a complete blackout on pictures or info on the Chicago Golden Demon? Its weird thats all!

TrystanGST, you were at the Games Day? You dont remember anyone who won other then Todd? I assume I cant be the only one here that is eager to know the results?

Most of the folks that I knew were there were travelling Sunday, and probably work today. So I'd guess you should start seeing pics today or tomorrow. I was indeed there. Wappell won three demons, Drew Drescher won three demons, chris borer won a demon, chad won a demon, even Elly, who didn't bring a single entry, won his round of speed demon haha. I'm sure there were more folks here that placed - I know khavor won a demon too.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Finalist in the warhammer conversion contest. That count?

Next time I think that I'm going to have to carry a picture notebook with everyone's picture in it, just so I can find people! =)
    Kath's bird didn't make it, huh? And here I spent all that time buttering up a judge.... Almost slipped him a fiver, but his boss showed up!
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

It's strange indeed... I wonder what people actually DO with the Millions of GB of Pictures they are taking (while obstructing the View for everyone else......) on a Daemon... In our modern Age, I am dreaming of a live Stream, HD Video coverage, Busty Cheerleader dressed in 40k Stuff, etc. ... Instead: A whole sweet lot of Nuthin...... Hope we will be able to be quicker for the German GD...

Simply Wonderful......

---

i hope that aswell matt, will force stefan to upload his pictures asap at least

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cexwish View Post
    In our modern Age, I am dreaming of a live Stream, HD Video coverage, Busty Cheerleader dressed in 40k Stuff, etc. ......
    Matt Wake up!
    This is Games Workshop you are talking about!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Hey all,

It was great getting a chance to talk with everyone. I had to duck out right after the ceremonies due to some family stuff, but it was awesome seeing everyone again. My brother took some photos with his cell which he sent over to me. I ended up taking silver in 40k Vehicle with my WWII inspired warhound titan, gold in Fantasy Monster with my mortal plaguerider I've been sprinting on these past two weeks, and gold in LotR single with my easterling troll. Again excuse the crappy quality of these pics from my brother's phone:
    Name:  Picture 016.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  154.0 KBName:  Picture 020.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  159.8 KBName:  Picture 022.jpg
Size:  186.1 KB
    Name:  Picture 015.jpg
Size:  147.6 KB
    I just realized I'm in the same damn pose every picture i took. Whoops
    Last edited by TheDrescher; 07-30-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrescher View Post
    I just realized I'm in the same damn pose every picture i took. Whoops
    I am starting to suspect that you didn't win, but you just photoshopped yourself in...

... seems like shennanigans to me.

Damn, you caught me. The whole thing is a sham!

I did find another funny picture though. Matt, Jeff, Alex, Ansel, and I decided to get some decent (non convention) food across the street at the Hyatt where we ran into conventioners from the local 501st. Nothing beats going in for some food to face a group of stormtroopers, 3 ghostbusters, and Mileena from Mortal Kombat. This was snapped later as we were eating but you can see Admiral Adama enjoying a burger behind us:
    Name:  Picture 006.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  244.0 KB

Wow. That does look like Olmos. You were right.