Games Day and Golden Demon 2012 Chicago July, 28th!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Day and Golden Demon 2012 Chicago July, 28th!

Default Games Day and Golden Demon 2012 Chicago July, 28th!

Hi Everybody,

With GD 2012 Chicago coming up soon, in about a month (Saturday, July 28th), I noticed there's no thread for it!

So, feel free to post anything Games Day related, ex: What your going to do (Shopping, Golden Demon, Gaming, Hobbies, Hanging out)

Personally I am glad the GD is in Chicago, because it's less for me to travel, but it still would be nice to go to someplace like L.A. or East Coast...

I have some more pictures of my GD entry coming up in the following weeks, feel free to check out my GD entry thread in the WIP section.
    Also there are some great WIP of other painters GD entries from around the Globe!

I have seen some really awesome updates on the GD facebook page, mainly the Armies On Parade, just check out the facebook page pictures,
    or Wappellious' blog http://wappellious.blogspot.com/ (Just check out his WIP on his Tomb Kings Army, it's going to be awesome!)

On A final note, Where do you think next years GD will be, Maybe Canada, LA, Baltimore, Some place else?

I'll be there. I've had my ticket for a while now. Not entering (again) though. I'm having too much fun working on real resin minis to spend 100 hours on Finecast.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

I'll be there - no entries this year though. First time since 2007! Between school and just being burnt out of competition painting, I am just working on my armies right now so I can actually enjoy GW for what it's worth, a gaming company. (so many FU's to the painters lately that I have lost all desire to paint their stuff to a high standard, and my eyes and heart fall elsewhere)
    Anyways, I'll actually be able to enjoy GD and participate in some of the activities with Tryst, rather than sitting up in the demons area all day.
    My Rank -

Hey there!

Thanks for the shout out, and for getting the ball rolling on this. It has been very crazy year (getting about 3 hours sleep per night for many months), and It will be a massive slog to GD. If possible, I will try to have a few regular Demon entries in addition to the Tomb Kings.

Right now, those would be Chaos Dwarf related, with perhaps a smattering of Dark Eldar on the 40k side...

Best of luck!!

I will be there. I am trying madly to finish an empire hero and a LOTR entry. Ansel as I remember you had a mighty fine war shpnx almost done that you could finish up. come on you know you want to

hope to see you guys there even with out the demon lounge. WE WILL HAVE TO CAUSE MAYHEM ELSEWHERE

Well, I will not be there. I don't have much to show as most of stuff I've been painting this year is not made by GW. There are other more interesting alternatives around this time too so I pass this year. Good luck to everybody entering!

sorry you can't go we will have to catch you next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocanour View Post
    I will be there. I am trying madly to finish an empire hero and a LOTR entry. Ansel as I remember you had a mighty fine war shpnx almost done that you could finish up. come on you know you want to

hope to see you guys there even with out the demon lounge. WE WILL HAVE TO CAUSE MAYHEM ELSEWHERE
    Haha! I dunno, I guess I'll try to paint some of it this weekend and see how the motivation feels. I would have a lot of work to do to get it done by GD though and btw this is Jeff - I hope Ansel can make it out this year, but it seems his young career in New York is getting going so I don't know how much time he has had for painting.
    My Rank -

I think I will try to bring something this year - although it won't be an entry. Haha. Now I just need to find a suitable means of transport for him.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

now we just have to figger out what to wear. easier to place a face to the posts and all that.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Sorry Jeff I was thinking the wrong name when I typed it. I think you can still finish something. I hope you can get modivated, I alway love to see your stuff!

I'll be going this year, but not sure if I'm going to be entering anything. Some personal stuff since last year plus having a baby and all...kinda takes up most of my time between taking care of a newborn and work, plus other issues. Hopefully there are some amazing stuff there to see (as always). Maybe I'll catch up with you guys in the lounge or just checking out the rest of the convention.

<rant>No demon lounge this year - who cares about painting anyways? It's all about GAMING. I mean, the Slayer Sword is even downgraded to a "bought in bulk" sword that's exactly the same everywhere (and every year). Can't even get the winner a new unique sword anymore - probably because it costs too much precious money(which needs to be saved to release more "high quality" shitecast minis).</rant>

Anyways, will be fun to see who comes and all that
    My Rank -

That is why I focus on Armies on Parade! :-) It is my Slayer Sword. The Qualifier in in a few days, which means I have been staying up almost all night every night for weeks. OUCH!

If any of you have been following the progress on the blog, it has been a wild ride! Here is a link to the latest post:
    http://wappellious.blogspot.com/2012...e-work-on.html

I will be posting some of the individual stuff once the qualifier is over!

Won't be able to make it this year... too much life went out and tapped me out. I barely got anything painted to comp standard, anyway. Hopefully I can make it next year if I don't get dragged to the Crystal Brush instead.

Haha! I actually have a few weeks off from shooting, I'm in Toronto now filming a movie, and MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT!!! Ahhhhh!
    I'd be so happy.
    And I have something I painted about a year ago that if I finish up could be a worthwhile entry... Defiantly better than anything else I've painted... Hmmmmmm
    You better paint something Jeff! And Brice!
    -Ansel
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

Also would love to meet you James, I've always been a fan of your awesome work, but never had the honor of meeting you! Hopefully this year!
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    <rant>No demon lounge this year - who cares about painting anyways?</rant>
    That's become evident simple by the Painted Army Competiton.
    It's no longer about who can paint the best single miniature, It's becoming about who can spend the most with us to win a competition each Year with a different army.

As I've just had proved to me someone I'm helping and encouraging to paint better (he's 13) has been told about layering from a GW staffer "You don't want that crap just slap it on!"
    Ah GW, the MacDonalds of the Gaming world.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    That's become evident simple by the Painted Army Competiton.
    It's no longer about who can paint the best single miniature, It's becoming about who can spend the most with us to win a competition each Year with a different army.

As I've just had proved to me someone I'm helping and encouraging to paint better (he's 13) has been told about layering from a GW staffer "You don't want that crap just slap it on!"
    Ah GW, the MacDonalds of the Gaming world.
    I remember a similar encounter when they were showing me the new paints...I got to the drybrush paints, and was told I was using it all wrong. Well duh, who drybrushes? LOL (p.s. I know a lot of really excellent painters keep it in their arsenal - I was referring to the base/wash/drybrush edges they think of)
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I'll be there. And I am looking forward to seeing all the folks I met last year.

And I agree with Brice, I am hoping we can do an unofficial Lounge somewhere, just to get some feedback.

And I cannot wait to see your army this time James, and maybe pick your brain a little, since I didn't get to last year.