Games Day and Golden Demon 2012 Chicago July, 28th! - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Games Day and Golden Demon 2012 Chicago July, 28th!

It's because they're going to wait until they put out their rag mag with the pics in it first. So you'll be waiting a bit longer methinks.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

How did I not notice this thread earlier GOSH!!! Your welcome for the little cake Todd how'd it taste? Chad and I were tempted to ask for a small cut.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

Matt,

I hope not given the 3 month lead time from story to publish in WD...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrescher View Post
    Matt,

I hope not given the 3 month lead time from story to publish in WD...
    Drews right it is three months till the actual post but if it's anything like previous years I wouldn't count on it till sometime next year as GW isn't big anymore on posting demon stuff.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

They didn't even run 2011 Chicago coverage in WD until April of 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by Beamo View Post
    They didn't even run 2011 Chicago coverage in WD until April of 2012...
    *digs out issue* Ah - I stand corrected. Hopefully they don't wait THAT long.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I am glad it will be in WD but why is it not already on the site? They used to do it all the time, back in the glory days of WD, at least the when there was a US Studio. At this point I would just like a list of winners.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    I am glad it will be in WD but why is it not already on the site? They used to do it all the time, back in the glory days of WD, at least the when there was a US Studio. At this point I would just like a list of winners.
    I agree, a list of winners would be great. I'm seriously looking forward to seeing photos though. Having won my first Silver, I'm very curious what won in that category! Never made it through the line to view the entries, everything was kind of a blur on stage, and now I have to wait until God knows when! I don't normally have much trouble relaxing and being patient, but this is testing me!

Even going through the line did not help in knowing who won. 4-5 when i went through still had all the cabinents labeled as first cut and the category entered in that cabinent. It was not until people started showing their winning entries on this forum that i was able to say, "i saw that".

What a bunch of hooey! Post some dang pics already GW!!! Crop pics, put them in template and wow - done. Could be done in a couple of hours at most. Oh wait - it's not promoting products so who cares... me want pics!!
    My Rank -

I remember the good old days when WD swelled with numerous pages of glorious GD winners the month after.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Agreed, that was my primary reason for picking up WD in the first place. Wow Jeff, you're sounding pretty salty over there. As your physician I recommend a painting day capped off by a big screen showing of "Expendables 2" to work out the stress.

That sadly shows the Importance of posting self-shot Pictures and Videos of the Event... The Germans learned the hard way in the past, too... So we decided not end up waiting for months due to profit interests... Consider making your Own Coverage or Filming the Award Ceremony yourself in 2013, please...
    "I think we will see a lot of such diorams in the future because Pandora box is oped, interest is huge and forum butthurt is just great." --- Decoy

Simply Wonderful......

---
    Visit us at http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/ ...

good advise. i will remember that next year.

Really great advice Matt - you guys did such a wonderful job with the pics and videos. Next year we will have to coordinate over here so we can have good pics and videos of everything to share with everyone. I mean the GD pics aren't ever that great anyways (they overbump the constrast in PS waaaaaay too much imo).
    My Rank -

Yeah, I wish I had brought my camera along, they wouldn't be great shots, but it would be better than the waiting. Next time perhaps even video, seeing the German videos were awesome, and it would be easy enough to do, as long as people were willing to do it. I knowjack about video editting, but I can take photos, and we can always bring a tripod for the awards...

Quote Originally Posted by heavybolterbob View Post
    I agree, a list of winners would be great. I'm seriously looking forward to seeing photos though. Having won my first Silver, I'm very curious what won in that category! Never made it through the line to view the entries, everything was kind of a blur on stage, and now I have to wait until God knows when! I don't normally have much trouble relaxing and being patient, but this is testing me!
    I'm assuming you had that fun looking nurgle reg't for fantasy. If that's the case the winner was the poorly painted crypt ghouls, and I think bronze was the Bretonians with the chunky paint. I actually had your nurgle in my top three so no complaints on those. I enjoyed the warm colors and play with it. The WHF Reg't was one of the few categories where I really scratched my head and wondered wth the judges were thinking. I figured Cathy Wappels marauders would take gold and the empire demigryphs bronze but in the end all you can do is accet the judges decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Empchild View Post
    I'm assuming you had that fun looking nurgle reg't for fantasy. If that's the case the winner was the poorly painted crypt ghouls, and I think bronze was the Bretonians with the chunky paint. I actually had your nurgle in my top three so no complaints on those. I enjoyed the warm colors and play with it. The WHF Reg't was one of the few categories where I really scratched my head and wondered wth the judges were thinking. I figured Cathy Wappels marauders would take gold and the empire demigryphs bronze but in the end all you can do is accet the judges decisions.
    Yes, I did have the unit of Plaguebearers. Thanks for the positive feedback! One of their faces has become my icon! I'll likely post them up here for viewing/critique once the GW pics hit the website. I had fun painting them...most of the work being done the week leading up to Games Day. I finished the weapons, and did the bases oh-dark-early in the morning (or middle of the freeking night) Friday morning, then took a 2 hour nap, and left for the airport! I knew there was a unit of something from VC that I have been assuming won the Gold. I know the Brettonian Knights took Bronze; I got a very brief look at them while we were collecting our models at the end of the day. I didn't see any chunkiness, but I did only get a few second glimpse...we both still had Armies on Parade entries to pack up as well. I had seen pics of the demigryphs on here a couple days before Games Day and from the photos I expected them to do well. I hope next year that GD is back upstairs so its easier to get through the line! Then again, when I saw my entry high up in the case mid-afternoon I began to get nervous and that's when I gave up on the line and started wandering around looking at other things to try to take my mind off the judging! Didn't help.

For what its worth, I stopped by a GW store in Houston today to get out of the truck for a while (had been in it for about 16 hours at that point having driven all last night.) The guy manning the store told me he expected Golden Demon photos to be in this month's White Dwarf if they had been able to get all the photos dealt with, and if not, then they should be in next month's issue at the latest. Seems like a fast turn around from what I know about it, but I guess the digital age allows for that some. Fingers crossed everyone!
    Last edited by heavybolterbob; 08-16-2012 at 09:48 PM.

They are always a 3 month turn around as the magazine is produced three months ahead much like others. Chad can confirm about the chunkyness of the paint on the bretonians. Their was a bunch of paint clumps but tons of freehand so most likely that's what the judges prefered.

I figured Cathy Wappels marauders would take gold and the empire demigryphs bronze but in the end all you can do is accet the judges decisions.
    Yeah, I thought Cathy had an easy Gold, but I assume your comment is a joke, we all know those Demi-chickens sucked! They were not really smooth and well executed at all.

ThChad can confirm about the chunkyness of the paint on the bretonians. Their was a bunch of paint clumps but tons of freehand so most likely that's what the judges prefered.
    I never got close to them, I know his Armies on Parade looked good. And I know all about winning with clumpy paint and freehand!