Somebody throw that guy off that soapbox! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somebody throw that guy off that soapbox!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermetic View Post
    Speaking as someone who tried to get a warmachine group going, I agree.

That said, I DO enjoy 40K as well, and will likely keep playing.
    Same here, picked up a Cryx force at discount from one of my local shops but the rest of my gaming group wont even give it a chance!

I'm guilty of still paying GW's ridiculous prices, picked up the new High Elf book, Magic Cards and the Uniforms and Heraldry book and it came to something like £50. For 2 books and a handfull of cards!

My Space Marine army comes exclusively from Forgeworld now they have their Horus Heresy line out and comparatively I think it actually comes out cheaper than buying from GW.

As for D&D, we still play 3.5, 4e was awful!

3.5 you could do anything you wanted hire a hall to celebrate your dungeon crawl victory and make your own homebrew to chug down from your freshly fired steins then you damn well could do all those things! Were as 4th f*****g Warcraft lite don't get me wrong I quite like Warcraft but not to throw dice to so some suite can make his bonus!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    3.5 you could do anything you wanted hire a hall to celebrate your dungeon crawl victory and make your own homebrew to chug down from your freshly fired steins then you damn well could do all those things! Were as 4th f*****g Warcraft lite don't get me wrong I quite like Warcraft but not to throw dice to so some suite can make his bonus!
    This. Yes.

That is my exact issue with 4e, I suppose it would have been fine to release alongside a proper version of the game as almost a beginners set that once you've mastered it you move on to proper D&D. Though I think WoTC have figured that 4e sucked and are trying to make up for it with the next edition, but whether they manage it or not is a different matter entirely.

I come at GW from a different angle: a "mainstream" sci-fi modeler. Warhammer40K has some really cool sci-fi designs, especially the Tau, but the prices for their vehicle kits are just flat unwarranted for what's in the box. The truth is, GW has a monopoly. and they're simply acting it out. If players would boycott them entirely for a quarter or two, and tell them why they're boycotting them, they might get the hint.

Won't happen. And the main rea.... Squirrel!

I see what you did there...
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer