RogerB and Lizcam's wedding ring request.

Thread: RogerB and Lizcam's wedding ring request.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Default RogerB and Lizcam's wedding ring request.

As you may or may not know Roger asked me to marry him here on cmon. It's been a while since he did and it looks like it may be a bit longer for legal reasons. Emmigration is a bitch. But it WILL happen.

The reason for this thread is that Roger and I would LOVE to have a mini sculpter make our rings but we're having issues finding someone who knows how. Is there anyone on Cmon who could help us? We have an idea we want made and could go to a jewler but it would mean a lot to have a mini sculpter do it.

If you're at all interested please PM me and we can talk it out. Thanks in advance!
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

I don't know exactly how, but I watch How Its Made and I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night (sorry international community; US joke; at least I hope it's just here).

Anyway, I think if you can get a mini sculptor to sculpt it the normal way, then make a cast of it in wax, you're set. Take that wax master to the jeweler. They'll make a plaster mold around the wax master, bake the wax out of it, then pour in the molten gold. Soak that in water to dissolve the plaster, then its just a matter of cutting it off the sprue and buffing it to a shine.

I think the tricky part would be finding a jeweler willing to take it from the wax stage. Probably a specific wax they use. And really, any of them would probably be willing, so it might not be that hard.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Are there diamonds to be set in the ring? Because I think there's a fair bit of knowledge needed to ensure a good hold, depending on the style. I guess the jeweler who did the casting could refine the design if needed.

Neat idea, you know we want pictures of the design, right?

Not quite a mini sculptor, but certainly a very skilled sculptor doing some awesome jewelery - http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...lry-Sketchbook

It starts off a bit skull heavy, but there's loads of versatility further on in the thread.

Follow Infamy Miniatures on facebook and twitter

Sally White (Mrs Hasslefree) used to make jewellery
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

There is going to be 1 diamond (from my grandmother's engagement ring) and possibly two small blue stones, QuietiManes, but if the design I have in my head can be worked out the ring will liturally hold them in (with hands). Pictures are definatly going to be taken of them when they are done.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    Sally White (Mrs Hasslefree) used to make jewellery
    Yah but I know the state of her health and what she has to deal with day to day so I esitate to ask her. I'd LOVE for her to do it but I don't want to add to her stress.

Liz - I would ask Sally if I were you. I bet she'd be thrilled to just be asked, regardless of whether or not she could do it. I sang at a wedding several years ago where they had custom made rings - they were really beautiful and unique - it's a great idea
    "A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise." - Aldo Leopold

Blog Entries

I might just. Or maybe have Roger do it. He used to play No Limits with Kev and thier son a few years back. But I just want to make sure she wouldn't over do it. Roger has ME too (that's what Sally has) so I know how that can affect a person. I'll talk it over with him tomorrow.