Who are you.....(whowho....whowho.....) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who are you.....(whowho....whowho.....)

Name's Leo, 31 yrs. old, father of 2 (4 yrs and 16 months), work admin for an international University and attend same university seeking an MS in Environmental Management..doing ok so far and trying to tie a previous BS in Zoology and a BA in Social Science together...not sure how that's going... Anyway, used to be a zookeeper but it didn't end well

I am about to celebrate a 9 yr anniversary with my wife and we have, so far, lived through fire (Anyone hear of Waldo Canyon, didn't touch us, but got close) and flood (Our second apartment flooded when the fire sprinkler broke) so we are halfway through the four horseman. I forbid her from ever getting pregnant again since she spent a total of 4 months in the hospital between our 2 children before giving birth and that's not fun...so famine may have visited....neither child is a demon though, so that's good

..got into miniatures in college. Had a couple of friends that were into DnD and one played GW, but we all got into it when Chainmail came out...Good game, bummed when they switched to the collectable game...clickies suck!!!!!! Grew up with Garage Kits and was a member of Testor's model club, and there are at least 3 houses across America that used to have glue stains on the Carpet and pieces of plastic melded to the tile floors.

Nowaday I'm more of a hobbyist than a player, but I paint Warmachine (Cygnar), play/paint battletech (yes, it still exists and it's the reason I joined here), and have been on an eight month hiatus for reason described above somewhere from painting...meaning it's been a year and a half since my buddy commissioned me to paint an Eldar Skimmer. It's almost done...just like it was a year ago....

You may notice I haven;t posted anything in the gallery....just like a 16 yr old who can't use a urinal because his older brother showed him a Ron Jeremy movie....I'm afraid to show you mine because I've seen some of yours....(also for this reason, I say we nickname scores of 5.0-6.0 the gold star! )

Other hobbies include sleeping (finally), reading books (currently into the Hunger games, finally...no I haven't seen the movie, but love the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson), big TV buff and enjoy hanging with my family when I can....

So yeah, call me a loudmouth lurker and I'm ok with it....

maybe for that reason I have to ask...Liz, you mention your fiances' physique in your signature but not your own...why not?
    Last edited by cannon_fodder; 07-10-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ipaintminis View Post
    Feb. 86 - and don't the 90's still feel like they were only 10 years ago
    Hell, the '70's feel like 10 years ago and for the most part I feel like I'm your age.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Feb. 86 - and don't the 90's still feel like they were only 10 years ago
    Aug. 85 here myself, And yeah, they do. XD And I feel old whenever I think about the fact that my kid sis who was born '98 is soon allowed to practice driving...

Quote Originally Posted by cannon_fodder View Post
    maybe for that reason I have to ask...Liz, you mention your fiances' physique in your signature but not your own...why not?
    I'm pretty sure both Dragonsreach and RogerB might have something hilariously witty to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by lizcam View Post
    Hell, the '70's feel like 10 years ago and for the most part I feel like I'm your age.
    Heck Liz, -I- feel you're our age for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by cannon_fodder

Lets just say age has taken it's toll. Gravity is not the friend of large chested women. But considering I'm 52 (Roger won't let me admit that. He demands I say I'm 42. Says I'm only 42 and I'm amazonian/mother goddess in physique. He's so nice to me!) I'm in ok shape I guess.

Oh, and that quote in my signature isn't from Roger. It's from Dragonsreach. I tend to grab quotes from this board that tickle me and add them to my sig. Be warned!
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

I'm vike.

supervike.

I've no real persona. I'm old. I buy more than I can paint. I paint like a hamfisted, near sighted, caffeine addict.

Chrome - I didn't realize we were the same age.
    Tim - seriously, 15,000 posts? ...wow. just wow.
    And you can tell I post more than I paint!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I'm vike.

supervike.

I've no real persona. I'm old. I buy more than I can paint. I paint like a hamfisted, near sighted, caffeine addict.
    Vikey!!! your needed in the freak bar hun....(we've missed you *hugs*)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I'm vike.

supervike.

I'm Sad.. I I put out the Vikey mating call and you didn't answer. You don't love me any more.

Hi I'm Mark, and as you can see I'm new here. I'm 30yrs old and was painting from the age of 10 through to 13 when I stopped and only in the last two weeks have I picked up a brush and started to paint again.
    I live in the UK in Hampshire, I do not play table top games I just like the minis to paint, however I'm a huge PC gamer and have spent far too much money on hardware last part being a new 7970 GPU.

A long list of minis to paint and new techniques to learn and just re-learning the painting skills again. 17yrs out of practice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    Im Phil started into painting 08 after i retired in 07 (young), wasnt great at throwing the slap around so veered wildly off at a sculpting tangent not so bad at it if i may blow my own trumpet.
    dont you need ribs removed to blow your own trumpet?

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedboy uk1 View Post
    dont you need ribs removed to blow your own trumpet?

dfb
    oooh you sick puppy lol, hmm now you come to mention it i think i heard somewhere that Marilyn Manson had done that, had ribs removed that is.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

...and Prince?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

I'm Will, 33 exiled Sheffielder living in Essex and working in London. I work for the Guardian selling ad space. I started painting minis in the 80's. Got out the hobby a short time after Sproket won his Slayer Sword lol ;-)

Picked up my paint brushes again about 18 months ago in an attempt to reach the final round of judging at this years Golden Demon UK. Have a look in my WIP thread which chronicles my progress.

Glad to see you back - was reading older versions of the Freakbar the other day and it made me smile.

Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willdorling View Post
    Glad to see you back - was reading older versions of the Freakbar the other day and it made me smile.

Will
    I'm glad to be back. And I'm happy to bring a smile to your face although I think there were a LOT more people involved in that!

I am who I have always been.

Glad to see Tracy, Becca (when the Frack did you get to be 26?) and Liz back.

Just for those who don't know my history it's carved in Ancient Ogham on the side of rocks. I'm 56.
    Started models around age 9-10 painting them around 12, continued during my school years and early adulthood, kinda developed away into photography for a long time and eventually picked up models again when I moved down to the Blackpool area and was bored during evening shift, found GW and dwarves and there's alot of water and a Sh*tload of cash under the bridge since then. (FOXTROT just worked out that was 1990!)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Well, if we're all ponying up to the bar.

I'm Kevin, maker of trouble and professional people pisser-offer.
    If you're driving around central Florida and the road is littered with orange barrels and cones separating you from slow men working, I may be involved.

In my off hours (which seem to be getting rarer), I fish, shoot, play with airbrushes and little metal toys.

P.S. I have nothing to do with the mouse house, but if you're visiting, give me a ring and I am loaded with tips.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

[QUOTE=airhead;661270] I have nothing to do with the mouse house, but if you're visiting, give me a ring and I am loaded with tips.[/QUOTE
    When it comes to the Mouse House surely your Tips are Loaded?
    Or has the mighty Ear'ed one calmed down now?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

The mouse is the reason for Orlando. Don't let anyone kid you otherwise. Without the mouse, this is a rest stop half way to Miami.

We lovingly refer to it as the land of 100 dolar bills.

I get out there about once a year thanks to one or two friends. We gave my granddaughter one of the best birthdays a 5 year old girl could have.
    She got to spend time with Tinkerbell,
    Got to dress as a pirate,
    Got to spend time with all the Princesses and with Mickey & Minnie as well.
    Rode all the rides she was big enough for.
    Stayed to see the fireworks at the end.
    Passed out in my back seat on the way home - actually she was out before we left the parking lot.
    Last edited by airhead; 07-12-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Glad to see Tracy, Becca (when the Frack did you get to be 26?) and Liz back.
    right after I got to be 25 but yeah. don't worry - I don't feel 26!
    "A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise." - Aldo Leopold

Blog Entries

right after I got to be 25 but yeah. don't worry - I don't feel 26!
    I do but I'm twice that age. Time sucks.