Who are you.....(whowho....whowho.....) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who are you.....(whowho....whowho.....)

Hi Liz!

We've chatted a little in the past but it seems that when you were active on the forums I wasn't and when I was active you weren't. lol! Hopefully we'll be able to see more of each other's posts. But just to refresh the ole memory, here goes!

Everyone knows me as Kathryn Loch since that's what I got my book published under and use for my online stuff but the real name is Karrie and I'm a horse nut. I owned, trained and competed when I was a kid in dressage, cross-country jumping, and stadium jumping but we also had cart ponies and I rode the rails in Western gear as well. I managed to get a dressage horse a couple of years ago but had to sell him a few months back. Broke my heart to do so but aside from money, physical problems made it too painful to ride regularly. The horse was also older and arthritis was setting in - his type have to work constantly otherwise they will go lame. Keep 'em working, and they're just fine. So I sold him to a friend who was able to ride more often and spoils him rotten.

When I wasn't painting minis, I was painting realistic equine sculptures for competition. But I luv my minis - so what if I have hand tremors - I want to paint 'em! lol!

I'm married and have a 16 y/o son - yes, I earned every one of these damn gray hairs so I'm proud of 'em! lol! But he's a really great kid and is working toward a black belt in taekwondo - the ethics this organization teaches the kids is really wonderful and they help keep those rebellious teenage tendencies at bay. But I'm 45 and getting old sucks!

Let's see, I'm turning mini painting into a full time business, or at least trying to. My goal is to not only paint commissions but to do freelance work for various companies like Reaper. I'm in Southeast Texas near the Louisiana line and considering how big Texas is a six hour drive to Reaper HQ is practically next door. haha! I also want to do retail sales from my website for not only minis but hobby related products, especially those that are needed but can be difficult to find. That part is much slower going as I've been concentrating on painting competitions to help put me on the map as an artist.

Anyway, great to see you back and hope you can hang around a bit!
    Last edited by kathrynloch; 07-12-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Watcha Liz

Names Andy, physics lecturer based in the South East of England lovely place to live and a fantastic job. Get to teach enquiring minds about the wonders of the universe as best I can.

Married to a beautiful lady May who's my best friend as well as my wife even though she picks up my lovingly painted Rackham wolfen and goes nice dog why's it wearing clothes? er looks the same as all the rest.

Gnash teeth deep breaths .....calm.

Daughter jasmine age 4 who is the apple of my eye and I'm trying to make the most spoiled girl in the world. Also I've got her painting minis just like Dadys monsters ....yes my work is nearly complete!

Another one in the baby oven due in a couple of months, can't wait for the nappies sleepless nights puke illness no money constant worry and sibling jealousy. THE best job in the world being a dad joking aside honestly can't wait.

Painting wise did a bit very badly in my early teens 25+ years ago and then found girls and rock and bikes and stupidly stopped. Came back to it a few years ago and went wow I realy love this along with D&D. Totally addicted ....I blame C'MON there should be a health warning on the site or something

Any way that's me.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

You know who I am Miss Liz but for the newer (god I feel old) generation I'll make it short and sweet

Hiya all, I'm Bernadette to people who know or know of me and Bernie to my friends and strangely bet to my family (thank god I've lost touch with most of them). To the people on World of warcraft I'm know as NiteNurse and Kissitbetter.
    I've been painting since I found out about the hobby 9 years and even when I take a break, I still love looking at what everyone does on here. Kathryn Loch has introduce me to a newer hobby of painting up equines and has that been a learning curve for me Thanks for the fun of opening that can of worms
    I love life and think you should live it as much as you can and never regret anything because it makes you who you are. If you ever want a break from reality, stick your head in the FreakBar and have a laugh or two.

Hi Liz!

This seems like a place where you actually get to know a bit more about the wierd people on these forums:O nice one getting one of those threads going!

I´m a 46 year old PHD of psychology, moved from Boston back to Dalarna, Sweden(the place my parents were raised and born back in the 1910's) when I was around 20, that should be back in '76 or 77. I really look rather young for my age, but I am also terribly confused! Started painting aged 8, when my dad got me a box of tin soldiers, never stopped:P

I love football(go Patriots, Aztecs), Stephen Fry and blueberries. A most unknown fact about me is that i am related to both Katey Sagal and Russel Brand. Even less known is my teory that my father had relations with Brigitte Bardot, I dont even know about that one! Back in '96, I snogged one of the Spice Girls, you may guess which!

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post
    Hi Liz!

This seems like a place where you actually get to know a bit more about the wierd people on these forums:O nice one getting one of those threads going!
    I'm known for asking off topic questions on a regular basis. At one point I was accused of working for the government and profiling everyone. Not sure why the government would profile mini painters but then they're all nutjobs anyway so who knows?

It's nice getting to know everyone! Keep the replies coming!
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post
    A most unknown fact about me is that i am related to both Katey Sagal and Russel Brand. Back in '96, I snogged one of the Spice Girls, you may guess which!
    Ischa Mate those are two things you should never confess to.
    Katy Sagal not a problem though.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I'm a sock puppet for IPM.

Hang around the freak bar and pass out drinks while trying to keep the crowd somewhat in line.
    Vegan: an Apache word that translates to "hunts poorly"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

Hang around the freak bar and pass out drinks while trying to keep the crowd somewhat in line.

And we love you dearly.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

Everyone please note he said 'for' not 'by'
    I still think I know who might be under the Bubba mask
    "A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise." - Aldo Leopold

Blog Entries

Me too. One of my favorite people too.

I'm me and, erm, you know me.
    i like females, chunky females.

WIN!

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie Soule View Post
    I'm me and, erm, you know me.
    i like females, chunky females.

WIN!
    I love you Tommie

Hi Liz!

I am Martin, 33 years old (34 this october). I live in Denmark, abit out of our capitol. When not covered in glue, platic shavings, resin dust and paint speks i drive trains for a living.

Oh and i like girls with sexy avatars ;-)
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Oh and i like girls with sexy avatars ;-)
    Suck up Marjedi......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    Suck up Marjedi......
    I got no problem with that.

I like bunny avatars too Crys

Blog Entries

Ah I see. Like to keep all options open?

Quote Originally Posted by lizcam View Post
    Ah I see. Like to keep all options open?
    Bunny avatar's? *shakes her head* Awww Marj that aint no bunny.....

Liz he may want to keep his options open but he doesn't know what my avatar is

Who can tell Marj what my avatar is?

First guess is a cabbit, second would be a kawaii kitsune.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    Bunny avatar's? *shakes her head* Awww Marj that aint no bunny.....

Liz he may want to keep his options open but he doesn't know what my avatar is

Who can tell Marj what my avatar is?
    Terribly sorry Crys. I will report to the bar for dishwashing duties.