Who are you.....(whowho....whowho.....) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who are you.....(whowho....whowho.....)

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Terribly sorry Crys. I will report to the bar for dishwashing duties.
    Dishwashing? She lets you off that lite? Oh Crys dear, we need to talk......
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Terribly sorry Crys. I will report to the bar for dishwashing duties.
    *lifts an eyebrow* Dishwashing? I don't think so.....

Quote Originally Posted by lizcam View Post
    Dishwashing? She lets you off that lite? Oh Crys dear, we need to talk......
    Hehe no Miss Liz he thinks he's dishwashing, he forgot that he doesn't get asked what the punishment is.....

I'm more of a lurker and occasional commenter than anything here. I'm Jen Tallman, 37. I live in Connecticut and have been painting since 2001 or 2002 and started Still Life Miniatures around 2006. I was pushed into this hobby by a friend of mine that could no longer paint for his guy and knew I was in need of the money. I painted a good part of an Ultramarine Chapter.... badly... for my first minis. I never got into gaming or collecting minis, it's become strictly commission work for me. I found quickly that painting for other people is sort of my niche in this hobby.

About 8 years ago I was introduced to 54mm + historical models and fell in love with the larger scale. It was the awareness of these incredible sculpts that made me want to improve my painting but I still didn't work too hard on it. It was only within this last three years that I've been really motivated to really push myself with painting. I've invested time and money into watching video tutorials, getting together a real website, and (most importantly) changing my attitude from painting minis for quick cash to treating it as an art. Since then, improvement has come and so have commissions and confidence. My next step is to start entering more popular competitions; online and at conventions.

I do have a full time job as a dental technician but outsourcing and the poor economy combined has left my lab a bit wanting for work. I try and keep up commissions enough so when I don't have the work to do at my job, then a small second income is waiting for me at my desk.

In addition to being owner/artist at Still Life Miniatures, I'm part owner of Zendigity Enterprises LLC (zendigity.com if curious)

I'm on Facebook and Google+ as Jennifer Tallman and have a Facebook fan page for Still Life Miniatures and Zendigity Enterprises LLC. Feel free to connect with me there as well.

54mm and above are really fun to do, they are challenging but fun to work with.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Hi,

I'm Dan. I'm 38 (39 in four days) and I've been addicted... Sorry, collecting & painting miniatures since the middle 80's. I'm a long-time lurker, occasional commenter on here. I have far more miniatures than I will ever paint in my lifetime.

Used to be a Chef, and a trained Industrial Designer before it went heavily toward the CAD/CAM/Rapid Prototype end.

I currently manage the printing department for a company in the events and trade show industry. I print onto fabric up to 10' (3 meters-ish) wide and literally as long as you want. Which gets cut, sewn & stretched onto complex aluminum 3D structures. Sometimes I get to do some actual design work. But normally I just deal with color all day and print projects that take even longer, with mandatory over-time on zero notice. As such, I rarely have time to paint, much less game.

Single, weekday half-time dad (shared custody) of a six-year-old girl. I'm thinking of baring the windows and purchasing a few shotguns before she hits puberty to fend off the boys.

Looking into purchasing my first home hopefully within the next 6 months. With a large back yard to burry the bodies...
    Last edited by CarbonCopy; 07-22-2012 at 03:54 PM.

@ Crys....IT'S EEVEE!!!!!!!!

on a side note....has Liz figured out the anti gravity bustier yet? Didn't push the button first did she?

I'd edit due to going to far...but being quoted makes that moot....SORRY LIZ
    Last edited by cannon_fodder; 07-23-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cannon_fodder View Post
    @ Crys....IT'S EEVEE!!!!!!!!

on a side note....has Liz figured out the anti gravity bustier yet? Didn't push the button first did she?
    I hate you.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Originally Posted by cannon_fodder

Lets just say age has taken it's toll. Gravity is not the friend of large chested women. But considering I'm 52 (Roger won't let me admit that. He demands I say I'm 42. Says I'm only 42 and I'm amazonian/mother goddess in physique. He's so nice to me!) I'm in ok shape I guess.
    Really sorry if I offended...my sense of humor is off, and I was trying to bounce between the freakbar and this post.....

.....maybe this is why no one laughs....

Again, I apologize...please don't hurt me...

Hello,

Most folks call me Monty and my closest friends call me Moe (I've had other nicknames but i don't think they would make it through the language filter). I'm 38 i think. I stopped keeping track back in the 20 somethings.

I'm an "A classified injection molding technician" (Yes that's my real job title) for a company that makes headlights and taillights for most of the major car companies. What that really means is i shoot plastic into molds with large machines. I'm the lead guy on my shift. I was working about 75-85 hours a week but it started messing up my feet again so i'm down to 40 hour which means i can do other things like paint on stuff. I'm also writing two books, a horror type and a fantasy/science/steampunk of my own design.

Speaking of painting on stuff, i have thousands of mini's and probably more then i could paint in my lifetime. Currently im working on a nurgle army, 20 some garage kits (that i have recently fell in love with), and the entire malifaux series (bad ass game) and a game table like the ones you see at gamesday, cept modular. I've been painting off and on since i was 14 and i still suck!

I've been a lurker here for many a year and finally started to post stuff and got a WIP thing going so people can tell me the error of my ways or let me know I'm going in the right direction or not. I'm a fairly private person for the most part, i hate facebook and those kind of things. hmm.... not sure what else to say...i enjoy helping others...hmm...well since yall mentioned boobs earlier here is one of my favorite shirts:

Yes i wear that in public, and i can honestly say the ladies love it. :-)

Moe

Blog Entries

Really sorry if I offended...my sense of humor is off, and I was trying to bounce between the freakbar and this post.....

.....maybe this is why no one laughs....

Again, I apologize...please don't hurt me...
    I won't. I have a hard time staying mad at anyone. Even my ex.

Greetings, here... been reading this site for a long time now and finaly decided to join, done painting back in the 90's but stopped, but since moving abroad in 2010 to a whole new country ( The Netherlands), I decided to get back into warhammer and now im painting again (not very good compared to others) I decided im goining to improve on my stuff.

I wil get some selections uploaded soon for critique, and hope to make some valuable contributions here also.

cheers.
    Last edited by Tringur; 07-24-2012 at 10:13 AM.

I won't. I have a hard time staying mad at anyone. Even my ex.
    so.....did I still have to report to the freakbar for punishment?

Hell yeah!!!

Lost in the desert ChemicalFencer's Avatar

Is there where I bare my sole to everyone?

I'm Liam, I'm 32 and I like painting minis.

My painting has been on hold for a while as all my paints and minis were shipped back to the UK with the wife. I'm married to a very very very lovely and understanding wife (even if there is a slight language barrier) who allows me to paint from time to time. I also have a daughter who is about 29 months old (she's in her terrible 2s!!) and her name is Eleanor. It did take me 3 tries to get that name right on the birth certificate though. First I didn't have the A, then I changed it to have the A but not the E. Got it right in the end . . . but I seem to going on and on.

The wife and I have been married for 4 glorious years and being so far away from her and my daughter is difficult.

I'm working in Qatar again as a Safety Consultant. I'm not one of those safety types who tries to take the fun out of everything - honest. I do my best to educate and teach safety to people. I'm currently teaching the NEBOSH IGC to a good sized class of people. I am working basically 7 days a week (we teach NEBOSH on my day off!!) and most times close to 15 to 16 hour days. My department has been really busy with doing mall safety audits after the tragic fire in Villagio mall here.

I've been reading a lot when I get spare time during lunch or grabbing a coffee in the morning before I walk in to the office (we have a coffee shop below our offices). Currently on the 3rd book for the Horus Heresy. I'm enjoying them - its my only get away at the moment.

I was studying for my NEBOSH diploma but with the hours I have been working I've not really had any time to study which is frustrating.

Below is my very very very lovely wife.

And here's another with me in it too - I do like the portrait.

CF

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

congradulations on a lovely wife and daughter.

Hang in there, get back home and be with her and your daughter.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Blog Entries

Yes because that entertainment

What the heck does NEBOSH stand for, there Chem?
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Lost in the desert ChemicalFencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    What the heck does NEBOSH stand for, there Chem?
    The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health.

IGC is International General Certificate in case you were also wondering.