Vision problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vision problems

Default Vision problems

it seems from the pyp thread that many of us have bad sight. I think a poll could give us some usefull data.

I\'d like to ad a
    ...yet

to my \'no sight problems\'

dont wanna tempt fate!

-Peter

Default O-O

hi all!
    I\'m slightly myopic (just wearing glasses when i drive or watch tv or at cinema).

As a doctor, i want you to know that myopic people have an advantage at painting minis: their eyes are bigger so they can see really better at short range than normal people can do...

i just wanted you to know that :lol:

cheerz
    Luca

Default You need another category....

For those of us that are both near and far sighted:o

As a doctor, i want you to know that myopic people have an advantage at painting minis: their eyes are bigger so they can see really better at short range than normal people can do...
    this is the first time i feel happy of beeing Myopic :D but in the other hand i would like to think that my abilities at painting arent a product of a bad vision ;)

anyway here its my vision problem: im just plain myopic :( dont see anything thats more than a foot far, so i have to wear lentils all the day

see you..... or not ;)

Originally posted by finn17
    For those of us that are both near and far sighted:o
    so...... i think theres a cathegory for that, just plain blind :P

;)

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Far sighted. Had to break down and get glasses to read with after my arms became too short. Use extra mag to see real close (when painting or tying flies)

col kurtz

After 36 years I\'ve finally had to give in. Pick up my glasses at the end of this week. Astygmatism in one eye, and generally short sighted, but also some long sightedness!!

Will need glasses to read and hence hoping it will help me pick up a paintbrush again! Not that I couldn\'t see what I was doing, I just found myself squinting more and more.

Haven\'t given in to get a magnifier yet, tho.

Rob

15-20 vision baby! but i still use a magnifyer for when i paint. that way i can see clear and close...now if only i could paint............:rolleyes:

Near-sighted here.
    I got my glasses at about 14 my parents noticed that I was always squinting when trying to catch a baseball.
    I still remeber the day I got them...I was amazed at the difference, I had thought trees looked like big green blobs to everyone.:D
    Which is really odd because I\'m an expert shot and was hunting squirrels with a .22 before I even got my glasses .

Near sighted.. Everyone in my family has glasses so it amazed my parents I had perfect vision until I was around 11. Even then, I got lucky as my brother is completly astigmatic and my parents need biofocals. One big problem though is my grandma has macualr degeneration... and it\'s an inheirted trait. I\'ve been eating spinich lately to counteract the effect, so hopefully I\'ll be paintin well past coffin doger status! :D

Hugely short sighted, -7 in one eye, -7.5 in the other and astigmatism in both. Been wearing glasses since I was 8 though so nothing to do with painting.

Rab.

Ok, now I cant remember, far sighted, you can see far way right? ???
    If so then thats what I am, my poor daughter, who is 8 and has just started to paint, is the oppisite, she cant see anything close up, was the worst klutz until she got her glasses (at age 3) sight poor kid.
    @ Evil Dave, Gotta ask, why would anyone want to hunt squirrels? good eatin? or just for sport? lol

well i am a klutz but thats just me...i run into things alot.
    lol

People can be nearsighted (myopic) or farsighted (hyperopic), but once you hit the big 4-0, there\'s an additional complication, which is presbyopia.

Presbyopia develops because, as we age, it becomes harder to focus at near (hence the need to hold reading material farther away). This is why people get bifocals (or progressives).

Strictly speaking, presbyopia isn\'t \"farsightedness\".

Myopes (like me) will have an advantage up close as we age - we\'ll be able to just take our glasses off to see our minis. On the other hand, sadly Avicenna is destined to require reading glasses once he hits his 5th decade of life. Sorry, spidey.

Started to wear glasses in the classroom and to watch tv 10 years ago, when I was 14. Started to wear them permanent when I was 18. And now I\'m wearing contact lenzes for almost 4 years, and I\'m super happy with them :)

Originally posted by Gin1906

@ Evil Dave, Gotta ask, why would anyone want to hunt squirrels? good eatin? or just for sport? lol
    Very good eatin\'. Tastes kinda like rabbit.
    My dad\'s union was locked out of their plant job down here and had been blacklisted...so from about ages 12 to 17, we were dirt poor and had to hunt to put food on the table.
    But he got his job back after 5 years and ended up making a lot more money, so it ended well, as well as giving me an appretiation for things I\'ve worked for.

U4-Welcome

I\'m hideously near-sighted. As in, 10 inches from the screen (15\", 800*600) I couldn\'t possibly read text even with major squinting, 15 inches from the screen I can\'t even make out the letters. On the upside, I can hold a mini at the tip of my nose and see every single detail without problems :D.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Default three blind mice..three blind mice

:( I need reading glasses to see any kind of small print and if I didn\'t have a magnifyer, I could just kiss painting minis goodby

Astigmatism & short sighted & pressbutton or what ever it\'s called.
    Have glasses for \'normal vision\' which I can manage without. I suppose I could drive without them If I was forced to, but couldn\'t read a number plate.
    Reading glasses for anything inside 3 feet & Clip on Magnifier for painting.