Peanuts - false fact

Thread: Peanuts - false fact

Smile Peanuts - false fact

False Fact: A scientific study on peanuts in bars found traces of over 100 unique specimens of urine.

After rigorous searching for more information, it turns out that no scientific study (or non-scientific study for that matter) has ever been conducted in to peanuts at bars. However, there was a study in ice-cubes in UK bars in 2003 which discovered that 44% of ice cubes tested contained coliform bacteria – bacteria that comes from human sh8t.

Even more shockingly, 5% were infected with the potentially deadly E. Coli bacteria. I guess that proves that they aren’t making their ice cubes from bottled water.

So, next time you are in London, pass on the ice and enjoy some peanuts instead.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Meh most people have e.coli in their body, in the same way, a lot have MRSA. It's only a problem if the person is immunocompromised
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Scrub your nails. Do that and you make a big difference.

At the end of the day though we are organic and squishy and riddled with all sorts of bacteria,viruses and parasites, so what ya gonna do?
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    Meh most people have e.coli in their body, in the same way, a lot have MRSA. It's only a problem if the person is immunocompromised
    or young or old

i remember watching a Myth Busters to see how far feces particles travelled when the toilet was flushed with the door open.

It was minging, they travelled a fair distant so that most stuff in the lower part of a house had traces.

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage
    It's not as simple as that, where something is is important. The simplest way of visualising this is the bacteria in your own digestive system could make you sick if you ingested it. Worse still it could actually kill you (septicemia) despite being perfectly harmless and actually beneficial where it naturally resides.

Einion

just had a huge shite and can assure you there's nothing harmless about it.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Now I know why your cats covering its nose
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

reminds me must phone larne n warn the hss

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

this is about the same thing as brie cheese contaning listeria, sure its lethal, but only highly concentrated or to people with lowered immune systems. just dont eat raw chicken or pork and you´ll probably manage and above all, do avoid spicy and fatty foods.

I was told (at uni, by a microbiology lecturer) that if you rendered a human body down to all the individual cells therein, you'd find yourself with more bacterial cells than human cells. In fact, come to that, apparently human beings can't actually digest plants - the bacteria in our gut have to do it for us, and our gut then digests what comes out of the bacteria. As Einion says, though, if those bacteria get somewhere they shouldn't be, it can turn nasty pretty quick. Same with our skin - we're covered with bacteria which do us a lot of favours (well, they sit there being harmless an using up all the nutrients that more dangerous bacteria would otherwise be munching on). But, if those same bacteria get into a cut or a wound, it'll go all manky. It's all about location, location, location.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    It's not as simple as that, where something is is important. The simplest way of visualising this is the bacteria in your own digestive system could make you sick if you ingested it. Worse still it could actually kill you (septicemia) despite being perfectly harmless and actually beneficial where it naturally resides.

Einion
    Indeed but I was trying to keep it simple!

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    *cough* Einion *cough* psst nothings ever simple Lol.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Roger says I'm simple. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. He says it like he loves me but I think he means it in another way. It might be the, "Awwww, bless...." he says first.

I think I recall a study that found that if a child is kept TOO clean he has a higher chance of developing allergies and the like later in life. That being said, I'll skip both the ice and the nuts I think.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage
    Well you can be simple and still accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by cassar
    *cough* Einion *cough* psst nothings ever simple Lol.
    You should really get that looked at.

Some things are simple, others aren't; no reason to shoot the messenger.

Einion

Ahh but what I said was the truth... just not the whole truth!

I think I recall a study that found that if a child is kept TOO clean he has a higher chance of developing allergies and the like later in life.
    this is totally true. Trust me - I'm a scientist *

*weeeeeell, technically I'm not. I'm an English teacher. But I did study science**. I have a bit of paper that says I did. Immunology and Microbiology, Uni of Strathclyde, 2nd class honours. See - I'm bona fide

**about 10 years ago...
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Aye to be immune to things, you need to build up immunity. An aseptic lifestyle is not good for you. Gotta eat a bit of dirt before you die after all

Watching an episode of restaurant impossible the guy opened up the ice machine and showed the bacteria slime up in the very top of the machine where the ice is made. He said ecoli would grow there and asked if they ever cleaned it. The owners look dumbfounded since it was not only never cleaned in the 5+ years but they didn't know it needed to be. The chef suggested once a month at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    Well you can be simple and still accurate!

You should really get that looked at.

Some things are simple, others aren't; no reason to shoot the messenger.

Einion
    cant shoot you old chap that s illegal can i get "drumroll" baadaboom!