What do you drink when you paint?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you drink when you paint?

Default What do you drink when you paint?

Reading Tooshy\'s now famous post, and having a painting experience of my own involving Gin, I was wondering, what does everybody else drink when they are painting?

To relate this, I was at Trinoc*coN this weekend having participated in the morning speed painting event and turning out what I thought was a rather good mini for only an hour with crappy brushes. later that evening, after two rather large Gin on the rocks, I went back for another go. Wouldn\'t you know it, but the judges gave my Gin job the first prize. I must admit it looked pretty good two for an hour of painting. So I\'m thinking, I\'d better start setting the timer and drink before I hit the studio, maybe I can increase me productivity. Granted I\'ll never win a GD that way, but I will lots painted to a decent level. Pics later.

Cheers,
    jack (currently typing with Gin in hand):cool:

i like the iced tea! or a nice tall glass of fruit punch on the rocks! lol

Default Coffee for me...

It may speed up your painting, Jack, but it pays hell with the grammer

I\'ll stick with the coffee, :D

Mick

Generally some type of soda... coke, Dr. Pepper, Vanilla Coke, Bawls... doesn\'t matter, as long as it\'s soda :D

Default It\'s the spelling

Originally posted by mickc22
    It may speed up your painting, Jack, but it pays hell with the grammer

I\'ll stick with the coffee, :D

Mick
    It really wreaks havoc on the spelling and punctuation.

Normally I don\'t paint when I\'ve had anything alcoholic to drink. The speed painting thing was a lark and it floored me when they judged it better than the morning mini.

I usually have a tall cool drink of water sitting on my painting table -- on the other side from my brush cleaning water :D

I\'d rather not spill soda or anything like that on my minis. I\'ve had the occasional accident with the water, but it\'s less of a mess to clean up.

Jack

Default Well...

A mixture of extender, paint, water, and some kind of fizzy juice. I end up drinking it so much I\'ve developed a taste for it and now pre-mix the stuff.

Expain\'s a lot huh? :D

Default Bottle it

Originally posted by DennisMech
    A mixture of extender, paint, water, and some kind of fizzy juice. I end up drinking it so much I\'ve developed a taste for it and now pre-mix the stuff.

Expain\'s a lot huh? :D
    You\'ll make a fortune from all the brush lickers out there lol

Jack

Well, if I drink something it\'s coffe, but most of the time I\'m so into painting that I forget to both eat and drink. Or, I sit for hours going \"just this layer of highlights, then I\'ll go get some coffe\". And when I\'m waiting for inks to dry I just surf CMON instead of making me something to eat...hope I manage to at least once in my lifetime enter something at GD before I starve to death ;)

hm...maybe I shoud go make some coffee..nah, the ink is dry now, let\'s paint!

-- on the other side from my brush cleaning water
    know the feeling lol

Originally posted by stresingj

Cheers,
    jack (currently typing with Gin in hand):cool:
    Hey Stresingj Get your hands off me.....lollollollollol
    Of course I could take that as a compliment...hmmm you paint better after having Gin....:D opps better not go there!:o:olollol

oh and personally, Gin, never touch the stuff...now Vodka or rum or tequila...
    While painting.. I usually drink Cherry Coke.

Well, since alcohol really screws with my ability to hold a paintbrush steady I generally have something like tea nearby.:flip::bouncy:

Default Hold the vodka

Red Bull (sugar free).

Like nectar from the Heavens!

Water, although I had a gatorade whilst converting last night.

I drink earl grey.

Usually I try to drink soda but more often than not i end up drinking my dirty paint water..<G>

/ali

Originally posted by Astonia
    Well, if I drink something it\'s coffe, but most of the time I\'m so into painting that I forget to both eat and drink. Or, I sit for hours going \"just this layer of highlights, then I\'ll go get some coffe\". And when I\'m waiting for inks to dry I just surf CMON instead of making me something to eat...hope I manage to at least once in my lifetime enter something at GD before I starve to death ;)

hm...maybe I shoud go make some coffee..nah, the ink is dry now, let\'s paint!
    Thats exactly the way it happens to me. The only reason I\'m even on the forums right now is for some green stuff to dry. lol

All joking aside I have never drank my paint water. I use the long necked glass flasks for my paint water so I don\'t have that issue.

latinking

Coke or Aquarius

depends what time of year it is... GDUK-time I am on red-bull nearly non-stop and tend to be wired and bad tempered all the time.

the rest of the year its water or coke. And I tend to be wired and bad tempered all the time.

plain old water out the tap for me.. To go with my stale bread :)

Trouble is.. like a few others of you, I tend to accidentally.. have a few mouthfulls of my dirty painting water from time to time.

But with the water quality in these parts its just so hard to tell the difference !!:D