Points thing?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Points thing??

I also seem to have problems starting a new thread. I can write the OP, but when I click on "post" I get the white-freezy screen o death The thread does get made, though - I just have to open a new tab and navigate through CMON to get to the relevent part of the forums.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Well, now I'm some what insulted I don't have a single point. Lol.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

would that make you pointless?
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Where do I see the achievements/points that i have accumulated. I hear everyone talking about them and see that 'activity' rolling bar thing scrolling merrily along listing what everyone has managed to achieve but I can't see what I have managed to "achieve". Anyone?
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

No idea nels0nmac. I don't see it either.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Neither do I. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

log out log in. did it for me. now i have lots of points and am a much happier man! yay!!

Yeah, logging out and back in hasn't worked for me. And that's on Safari thru a cell phone, Firefox thru Win 7, and IE on WinXP. Not sure what to do at this point other than wait.
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Same here can't log on white screen of death or error404 cannot process request fortunately still logged on with my laptop but logged out on iPad......drum fingers......wait.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by nels0nmac View Post
    Where do I see the achievements/points that i have accumulated. I hear everyone talking about them and see that 'activity' rolling bar thing scrolling merrily along listing what everyone has managed to achieve but I can't see what I have managed to "achieve". Anyone?
    It just occurred to me, does anybody have an actual link to a page that shows these points/badges one has achieved? I'm thinking of trying to force it via hand editing it to my profile and see what happens. I've now gotten the same blank stare from the website (the whole logged-in yet a guest thing) from IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome on four different computers or devices, two of which I have never logged in on the forums from. I'm pretty sure its not an issue on my side.

Working fine now and when I tap on the icon it brings up all the doodads I've accumulated. Question though er what does it all actually mean? Er can I trade these points in for something tangible? Or is it just a pat on the back you've voted a lot and commented a lot? I'm not complaining if it is ( there aint no such thing as a free lunch and all that) but I am greedy and if there are freebies then I want mine gimme gimme gimme
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Working fine for me now.... I got "locked out" for a while with it not reloading when I tried to log in, but that seems to have been fixed.

I'll echo AndyG in asking -what's it all for???
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Seems to have sorted itself out today after a log off and reload. I suppose I'm going to have to do my usual thing and unlock some more achievements (it's not an OCD thing, honest ; )

Oh. I see. I kept wondering this and made own topic earlier: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...?50403-Rewards

Also, next to my user name and small Avatar on the upper left side of the page is my points count (the same line, where you can see for example how many pictures you have voted)
    There you can see your points in case you are wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Routaporsas View Post
    There you can see your points in case you are wondering.
    Unless it is still hosed like me. Next to my user name top left I've still got the "welcome guest" thing. Guess it is all related to the login issue. I'm logged in on the forums, but not the mian page nor points counter, and no amount of logging out, cookies deletion, and cache removal seems to do any bit of good.

Seems to be working for me now, on the iPhone, at least. Haven't tried the PC yet, but will do later.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

I don't think the points thing is quite working properly. There's an achievement for 100+ submissions and it seems that I get a bonus to the points every time I submit another painted submission now I'm above 100. I'm assuming that's not meant to happen. It's taken my total to 4,790 points with 39 rewards, which seems to be way more than the 15 missions listed (of which I seem to have actually completed 12) should allow. Not that it bothers me too much, but it seems a little strange.

Follow Infamy Miniatures on facebook and twitter

Maybe there's more points and rewards than are listed in the missions? Or maybe some stuff isn't fully implemented as of yet (it is new after all)?

So, I'm finally part of the club. Guess I had to clear my cache and stuff, not just log out and log back in, but anyway, I got points and achievements now. Yay me.

Yes but what does it all mean? Do I get a go cart with extra shiny bits if I get a thousand points or something? Or is it just bragging rights?
    Here be my ranking=

Apparently, it's just a community fun thing. Bragging rights. If we start getting rewards I'm going to start spamming posts and submissions like a maniac.