Golden Demon 2013 Entry Log
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Demon 2013 Entry Log

Default Golden Demon 2013 Entry Log

I couldn't think of anything clever, and I wanted people to know what they were looking at.
    Motivation is always high right after Games Day, and this is no exception. Making first cut with Krell makes me really want to place next year. So I'm making a separate thread for my entry (entries?) so you all don't have to wade thru my normal WIP thread to find relavent stuff.

First up - a Diorama/Open entry. I've spoken about this briefly in my thread before, but I think this is the time to really bring it to life.

A techmarine, having recovered an artifact of immeasurable value, is leaving the site when he runs afoul of the temple's guardian.

So far I've been focusing on cleaning up the Scorp. It's not too bad, but there's lots of warpage that I'm going to fix with aluminum rod.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Great! Really looking forward to seeing how you pull this off. Especially the Scorpion.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    Great! Really looking forward to seeing how you pull this off. Especially the Scorpion.
    Your just biased cause it has khorne in it aren't you _.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

Haha what if I sand off the Khorne on the tail and make it Nurgley? Is that sacrelige?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Haha what if I sand off the Khorne on the tail and make it Nurgley? Is that sacrelige?
    Your money your time .
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

Haha I was joking about that, but it's starting to sound like a really good idea...
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by Empchild View Post
    Your just biased cause it has khorne in it aren't you _.
    Maybe just a bit, but I enjoy the background, and I have spent a lot of time learning to paint those colors!

Yes, yes it is. If you are going to defile it, just send it to me, I will give it a good home. And I will send you a Slaanesh mini to ruin with your Nurgling technique!

LOL I was just reading the fluff, and it is definitely Khornate. So the question becomes, do the Chaos Gods have a history or poaching from each other?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

LOL I was just reading the fluff, and it is definitely Khornate. So the question becomes, do the Chaos Gods have a history or poaching from each other?
    No. But the Traitor Legions wouldn't shy away from it.

Hmm. It may have to stay Khorne, unless I want to invent some crazy backstory. Since it's a daemon engine, and daemons are splinters of the Gods they represent, it's a machine animated by an avatar of Khorne. So for it to be Nurgle, Khorne would have to A) abandon it, or B) lose a battle for posession (in more ways than one) with Nurgle.

I shall have to meditate on this, while continuing prep work.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Awesome idea - gotta add the "artifact" or whatever to the techmarine. Like strapped to his bike or something... what that artifact would be? I dunno but gotta make it cool!
    My Rank -

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Awesome idea - gotta add the "artifact" or whatever to the techmarine. Like strapped to his bike or something... what that artifact would be? I dunno but gotta make it cool!
    How about he can be carrying the Finalist pin won by Krell?

So the Scorp tripped.

Intermediate joints have been drilled and pinned, allowing movement. The pinholes will be puttied over at some point, but not before I get the positioning just right.
    That's all just test fitting - well most of it. The tain gun has been glued to the tail, the hoses in back are glued, and the claws on the pincers have been glued. The rest is just sitting.
    Last edited by TrystanGST; 08-01-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Absolutely love the Brass Scorpion Deamon Engine.

Can't wait to see what you are going to do with it. If brave do the large armor plates in NMM Brass!!

For inspiration read the Mechanicum book. It has soom pretty cool stuff in there.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

I agree... NMM ftw!!! If you so dare hehe would be a helluva lot of work
    My Rank -

Oh it'll be NMM. And it's staying Khorne, simply because It'd be too much work, phyiscally and mentally, to try and make it Nurgle. I'll save that for another day.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

And not to mention sacriledge!!! It is such a nice model that shouts KHORNE!!!

And this from a man that loves Pappa Nurgle.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Don't listen to him Tristan.. he didn't enter anything this year in demon!!!! NNM= ikky _. Actually my personal phrase and view on NNM is so many people do it but so few do it right, or well for that mater.If you honestly want to do it I would say find some models to practice on first and remember just like normal true metallics you need to push the contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Empchild View Post
    Don't listen to him Tristan.. he didn't enter anything this year in demon!!!! NNM= ikky _. Actually my personal phrase and view on NNM is so many people do it but so few do it right, or well for that mater.If you honestly want to do it I would say find some models to practice on first and remember just like normal true metallics you need to push the contrast.
    Yeah, if only there were someone to help instruct him with NMM. Too bad he doesn't have any friends who are masters of NMM...

aah poor billy no mates lol, your other stuffs going great guns trys just do that but on this model and you wont go far wrong matey
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive