House Rules

Thread: House Rules

Default House Rules

1) Character Death: When a character dies, the player roles a d6 and spawns as a zombie in that zone (or inside a car and must spend action to get out of car) during the next spawn phase. Roll 1-3: Walker. Roll 4: Runner. Roll 5: Fatty by himself. Roll 6: Abomination!

2) Frying Pan 3 Damage Upgrade: Must have Ambidextrous skill, and dual wield frying pans. Must target single monster to get 3 Damage, otherwise Pans used normally. Roll two dice, hits on 6+, does 3 Damage applied to single creature.

I've been playing with a House Rule for shooting into a zone with a survivor. Instead of hitting the survivor first, you only hit the survivor whe you miss, successes only hitting zombies. This seems to work pretty well but I still managed to kill a survivor.

Why would you turn the game's weakest weapon into the strongest?

The frying pan gets discarded frequently during our play as useless. This house rule give it the opportunity to be slightly decent mid-late game and make players think for a second about dumping them like water/rice/beans in missions where they serve no purpose. Also acts as a way to fight Abom sans molotov if you don't have El Cholo.

The food can serve a purpose, its half of a goalie mask. Won't prevent the wound from taking but it will sacrifice instead of losing equipment you may want to keep, like if you have a glass bottle you are trying to get to the guy who has the gas can.

Quote Originally Posted by Grodd1016 View Post
    I've been playing with a House Rule for shooting into a zone with a survivor. Instead of hitting the survivor first, you only hit the survivor whe you miss, successes only hitting zombies. This seems to work pretty well but I still managed to kill a survivor.
    I really like this. Do you use it for when you're shooting in your own square also, or use the normal rules for that? That's the one that seems the worst to me, SO many friendly fire incidents.

I haven't run into that issue yet, but I would say the same rule applies. Shot in a zone with a friendly, you hit them if you miss your roll. They better hope you don't have twin uzi's

I believe the friendly fire rules are there for balance.

And that, they're precisely to stop everyone just stocking up on the most powerful firearms they can find, and going off separately, as individual zombie killing machines.

The game is meant to be hard, and it's meant to be co-operative.
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))

The only thing I don't like about the current rules is that if I move into a zone to help a survivor not get eaten by a zombie I shouldn't kill him if I roll a success. If I roll and miss well fate has decided that survivor is going to die, plus I'm going to take the hit from the zombie, assuming I don't have any actions left.

While I agree that it makes it much harder to save someone, it us more forcing you to really think twice about getting into melee. Really I see it as giving you more reason to not get into melee if possible, since the dice hating you will completely ruin your day. But, as stated, as long as you're having fun, that's all there is to it! I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, so I will reserve any strong judgement until I've gotten at least a few games under my belt, but I'll certainly be starting with the rules as is.
    Dood!

Had a chance to play with a friend last night, anytime we got into that situation it was pretty much "Ok, I'll run in guns blazing to save you...oh wait...well rethink." Had to change the strategy a bit, using guys with slippery to get around the map and help out. We never had a survivor die or get hit because we weren't able to shoot into a zone that had a survivor in it.

A house rule I have been considering for some time deals with the Wounded cards getting dealt pretty rapidly in some scenarios. In particular, I played the first scenario with a group of 5 new players and they all seemed pretty frustrated by the fact that there was "no healing" outside of Amy ( who was not picked ). They especially got frustrated when two of them died on the third turn (ehe). I've been considering applying the rule in the Y-zone Scenario more broadly across others, namely, either that:

1) All objectives are "med lockers" and you can heal one Survivor in the zone upon taking an Objective, -or-
    2) Some objectives are selected to have blue/green backs. When a survivor takes an objective, he flips the token, if its blue, Survivor may heal as above. If it's green, all Survivors in zone may heal as above.

I've also considered maybe applying "Left 4 Dead" style rules after a survivor dies, something along the above, where if you have a player with no survivors and you take an objective, then the player may pick one of the unchosen survivors and resume play.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonmills View Post
    I've been considering applying the rule in the Y-zone Scenario more broadly across others, namely, either that:

1) All objectives are "med lockers" and you can heal one Survivor in the zone upon taking an Objective, -or-
    2) Some objectives are selected to have blue/green backs. When a survivor takes an objective, he flips the token, if its blue, Survivor may heal as above. If it's green, all Survivors in zone may heal as above.

I've also considered maybe applying "Left 4 Dead" style rules after a survivor dies, something along the above, where if you have a player with no survivors and you take an objective, then the player may pick one of the unchosen survivors and resume play.

Thoughts?
    Well, one of the great things about the game is you don't have to stick with the scenarios presented in the rulebook!

So, make your own scenarios, with whatever special scenario rules you want!

(this will be easier, of course, when they release the scenario editor (sometime next month I believe))
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))

Name:  202744_4132380224313_757008025_o.jpg
Views: 2566
Size:  437.8 KB

"Does anyone know the rules to play the huge imperial tanks with Zombicide?"

... the tanks must be entered by a player (end turn) then started up (drop 2 noise tokens and end turn) then pointed in the direction of travel (drop two noise tokens and end turn). Tank doe not get any player bonuses. All future direction changes consumes the turn. The tank moves half a zone at a time and kills each zombie it comes into direct contact with. After 4 zombie kills the tank tracks become slimed and it loses directional control. After 10 zombie kills the tank tracks become clogged and no longer moveable, and becomes a death trap for the player.

(( image courtesy of Aaron's Facebook page ))