Golden Demon Japan pics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Demon Japan pics

Default Golden Demon Japan pics

Hi all - my mate Tenorikuma from my local forum/gaming group NagoyaHammer was kind enough to post some pics of his trip to the inaugural Golden Demon awards in Japan yesterday. He also nabbed himself a well deserved silver demon for his warhammer regiment, so big congratulations to him - he's a very nice guy and he deserves it

Anyway - here's the link to his thread:

http://www.nagoyahammer.com/forum/vi...hp?f=13&t=1950

Feel free to comment here or on the Naghammer forums. Plz bear in mind it's the first GD ever in Japan, and the whole miniature gaming/painting thing is just getting off the ground here. Hopefully GW will hold it again next year, and it'll be even bigger and better
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

not that bad id say, that 40k single winner is an absolute killer! looks like the diorama category wasnt that hot though, but as a whole very cool comp for first-timer!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Interesting, didn't know that there was a GD in Japan. This should be the first in Asia right?
    That's a good news, maybe one in Shanghai soon...

Really good pictures and coverage, thank you to bring this to us!

Might have to visit the in-laws next summer. Nearly ran out of things I want to do in Tokyo.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Nice painting on those. Ultramarines look really good.

Cant view it, say I am permanently banned!
    Never even been on the forum before to do anything wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies, atacam - ill PM the forum admin and have him sort it out. Sounds like an odd problem.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Quote Originally Posted by me_in_japan View Post
    Apologies, atacam - ill PM the forum admin and have him sort it out. Sounds like an odd problem.
    Thank you very much.

a ban has been issued on my IP address?

Quote Originally Posted by atacam View Post
    Thank you very much.

a ban has been issued on my IP address?
    Same thing has just happened to me also...Ban has been issued to your IP address

Cool stuff!! Just curious - so which of the entries took slayer?
    My Rank -

seems like half the painting community has been banned from the site. cool
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    seems like half the painting community has been banned from the site. cool
    Hah! I asked the site admin, and he says that a while back there were a bunch of spam bots on the site, and as he deleted their spammy messages he also banned their IPs. I suspect they came through the same servers as you guys are? I'll get him to dig a but further. Apologies to all for the inconvenience...

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Cool stuff!! Just curious - so which of the entries took slayer?
    From what I got out of the text, it was a German panter who did the Tau suit in 40K Large, could be wrong though.

Yeah, the German fellow who did the Tau model won the Slayer Sword. I'm afraid my photograph doesn't quite do his entry justice.

Another attendee has posted his own photos at BolterandChainsword.com — http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/i...owtopic=255872.
    Last edited by Tenorikuma; 08-19-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Sorry for delay in response - been on a plane for 11+hrs with a 6month old...

Anyway, here's what the admin had to say:

Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in visiting our forum. I apologise for the 'banned' message you received when you tried to view the forums. This was due to a rather large volume of spam posting automated programs that hit our site about a year ago, so please dont take it personally. (Unless of course you ARE a spam posting automated program). All of the IP bans have been removed now so you should be able to view the forums freely. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards
    Primarch, NagoyaHammer Site Admin.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Sorry for delay in response - been on a plane for 11+hrs with a 6month old...

Anyway, here's what the admin had to say:
    Glad he got it taken care of quickly and nicely. Thanks.

Thanks. Off to look at more pretty models.

Quick update - the official GWJ page now has pics...

http://gamesworkshopjpn.weblogs.jp/e...2_gallery.html

Ot also says the next one will be in September next year, which is a) good, cos it cconfirms it will happen, and b) very worrying, as I have a lot of unavoidable work commitments in September. If I have to miss it again I will be Most Displeased...