Changing a thread name

Thread: Changing a thread name

Default Changing a thread name

Hey all, I have a WIP thread with a slightly outdated name and I was wondering if there was anyway that I could change the name of said thread to something more current.

Cheers, shakes

i think you can edit the thread name if you go "advanced"
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Thanks cassar! I'll try when I get home.

Shakes

P.s. I just saw that heavy bolter FW marine and I have to say that heavy bolter is AWESOME!

cheers shakes, oh make sure its the first post of your thread you edit

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

lol, I was just about to post something along the lines of where do i find this advanced section that i need to get to to edit my thread....i can only figure out how to edit posts inside the thread.

Thanks Cassar

After having looked again and tried editing the first post I think maybe I am just unable to edit the name of my thread? If there are any other suggestions please let me know, otherwise, o well! Back to painting

Shakes

hmm should work go to the first post on the thread click edit the edit page/window pops up at the bottom of the window is a button "go advanced" click it it should then bring up your thread name and all.

nope it doesnt change the blue title just the header at the top of the first post sorry im a numpty lol
    Last edited by cassar; 09-04-2012 at 03:56 PM.

What do you mean cassar? Does the header change but not the link in the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    What do you mean cassar? Does the header change but not the link in the forums?
    You can't edit the thread title but you can edit the post header. it's been like that ever since one of the design changes a couple years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Hello again!

So I think my thread name changed but it wasn't me who did it, was that you Averlorn? Anyway my thread name was "shakes 2011 wip.....3 months late" and it's changed to "shakes 2011/2012 wip, need help choosing colors" or some such, which is better but still not what I wanted. I thought that maybe now it had changed the editing tool might have changed as well so I went to try and change it myself again. Anyways I still can't and I'm wondering if whoever changed it for me might be willing to change it to "shakes miniature Journey (WIP)" which is what I had hoped to do myself as my original plan of ending my WIP thread at the end of every year has gone out the door and I would like to just keep using the same WIP thread.......for ever :P Anyway, thanks for the reply's, sorry about the confusion!

Shakes