Boubi WIP
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Boubi WIP

Default Boubi WIP

Ok instead of making multiple thread i decided to make a general WIP with different minis in progress.
    I have started to paint again since one year exactly, and i am amazed about what i achieved in such time.

I have my main goal to make a full ogres army in NMM and will keep you posted. As i read a thread about how to keep motivated, here is my way, i paint several mini together and according to mood and progress i switch from one to other. I often take new mini to give a try to a new technique i found...

So here you are, some of my projects in progress:
    First of all my little new gnoblar, i was quite happy how he turned out and at the last moment thought that he deserves better than standing beside an ogre for the army. So i decided to give him a decent base. I still need to write a little text on the base.

then i started on my first wolfen from rackham, what to say, the sculpture is guiding you how to paint it. It is an impressive mini, i just love it, and spend lots of time to do the cloak. I will then do the skin.

For my niece i have started a wizard frog. She found quite ugly all the other minis i have painted but like this one quite a lot. So i decided to start it and follow the illustration of dark sword. It is my first real OSL and i am struggling for the blending of the OSL, the colors are so different but you need to blend them on a small surface.

Then i realized that i never did real TMM. I bought some mr hobby SM08 special silver paint so i wanted to give it a try on my chaos nurgle lord. I have also experimented general highlight on a black based mini with airbrushing the main color scheme highlight. And so far i really like it, it is guiding your paint job extremely well, in order to place your highlights and shadows. And let an overall underlying contrast which is quite surprising.

So here we go with the first batch. I will keep working on these mini on a frequent basis and will try to make as much pictures as possible and find time to post them.

nice start on the rackham wolf. good work on the red!

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Quote Originally Posted by Tee999 View Post
    nice start on the rackham wolf. good work on the red!

tee
    Thank you Tee, spent quite lots of time on it. But it is a pleasure to paint it! I advise it to any people wanting to try layer blending on cloth. I will copy Laurent Golden demon color scheme to see where I must improve beside overall color scheme.

Some update on the chaos lord. I need some feedback on the TMM i am working on now.
    I had based it in silver, then use multiple glaze of dark brown, green, purple, adding some black for shadows. Then final highlight with silver.
    Do you think it is a good effect on this mini?

on top of it i worked on the hanging guts and rotting pimples, here the results. What do you think?

nice gloopy guts
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Thank you Cassar, should I add some greenish/white touch to some of the rotting flesh?
    Also should I add more purple and darker red around the main wound?

i would definately add a little more green as to the other shading well thats best left to you pictures can be a little deceptive when compared to the real thing, if you think it needs the extra humpfh then go with your gut feeling (pardon the pun). I also just noticed the freehand on the back of the toad's cloak, nice one!

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Ok small update on nurgle chaos lord, i am continuing the metallic effect and the multiple rotten wounds. I have also started the cloth on the back side. Here some pictures

Some quick updates, it is a nice mini to paint... Really like it.

Nice green tint on the armour

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    Nice green tint on the armour
    Try to glaze the metallic parts with transparent layers with three colors, reddish brown, green, dark purple tinted with black glazes for the shadows. I quite like the effect rendered by this technique. As i am not mastering my nmm skills it is true that tmm is quite enjoyable to use!

One more update of almost finished chaos lord. Be aware that the arms are not glued yet so the gaps are still there, will clean up everything after fixing the arms. I really try to work with different metals finish, i would love to hear some critics about this TMM.
    Also if you have any other suggestion for improvements??

I am also struggling to choose the right base design, if you have any ideas?

Super metallics, love the different glazes you have put on.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

thats a fine job sir! Im going to have to start doing some TMM again I think.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Ok my lord is done. I have glued it and corrected the glued areas.
    I am now working on the base and how to say..... I am a bit dry of new ideas. I have started something, let's see where it will go...

Ok waiting to paint the base of the chaos lord in black then basic highlight... Bit lazy...
    so i continue my wolfen prowler, here some updates, concentrated on the face. The hair are not finished, i am not so happy with them.
    Here the pictures of my progress:

Any advice/comment from the community?

Not so sure the black nose and yellow muzzle goes with the rest of the colours it seems a bit odd do t know why. Love the rest of it some super blending there primo job.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Not so sure the black nose and yellow muzzle goes with the rest of the colours it seems a bit odd do t know why. Love the rest of it some super blending there primo job.
    Thank you AndyG, actually I am trying to improve my skills by "copying" painting of Laurent, here a picture to its Wolfen Prowler:

So far I am quite satisfied and I can see where the flaws are... I believe that it is a quite good method to improve!

So here my progress, try to finish the bust. Then started to shadow the skin of the legs, it is not finish yet, i will finetune it tomorrow.
    More i paint this mini more i like it, it is an amazing scult. Rackham range must start producing again, i put lots of hope in the phoenix edition, will it reborn from it ashes????

Looking good. The contrasts on the red are very good and the vials look like real glass. The face looks a little too bright yet. I lke the idea of copying work you like.

And that green glob dropping out of the chaos dudes guts is just disgusting. Good...i think