Which Dwarf Golem Should I Get? I Just Can't Decide!

Thread: Which Dwarf Golem Should I Get? I Just Can't Decide!

Default Which Dwarf Golem Should I Get? I Just Can't Decide!

I finally come to the conclusion that it's worth $150 to get one of the new Confrontation Dwarf Golems (although I will say now, there is no way I can justify both for $300). Now comes the hardest question, which one?

I am planning on using him as a Dreadnought for a Space Wolf army I am making out of Tir-Na-Bor dwarfs. So which one would be the best for that and also I'd love to hear the thought process anyone else who bought one went through when making the same decision. I definitely noticed that the first one sold a lot more than the second and I can't figure out why that is, the second has weapons.

I like the one with the big faceplate best. Number 2?

Using him as a Dreadnought will that mean you get rid of the crew?
    My miniatures blog: www.ninjabread.co.uk

I use the word dreadnought in a sense of the rules I am going to use for it. I would not thinking of getting rid of that guy on top, Rackham stuff is art and there is no way I'd desecrate it like that.

I agree with you about #2 Curis. There's something more personable in #2 'face.' The face mask is a nice touch as well (works with my football theme). If you don't want to use the weapons you can just take them off. The only thing that's holding me back is that guy sticking out the top of #1. You can't deny that he's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HodRod View Post
    I use the word dreadnought in a sense of the rules I am going to use for it. I would not thinking of getting rid of that guy on top, Rackham stuff is art and there is no way I'd desecrate it like that.

I agree with you about #2 Curis. There's something more personable in #2 'face.' The face mask is a nice touch as well (works with my football theme). If you don't want to use the weapons you can just take them off. The only thing that's holding me back is that guy sticking out the top of #1. You can't deny that he's pretty cool.
    I personally like #2. yes the guy on top of 1 is cool looking but imo i cant grip the whole look of it, the #2 with no guy on top looks boss and more like an animal then the shrimpy dude poking out like he has to take a piss or soemthing, lol.

also im curious now, dreadnaught for space wolf army and foot ball theme, using TNB dwarfs as space wolves? interesting and perplexing at the same time :P

dont go too overboard on them with phoenix coming out you may have a use for them again =D

~AD

Quote Originally Posted by Amusingdead View Post
    dont go too overboard on them with phoenix coming out you may have a use for them again =D

~AD
    Don't worry about that, I have around 6 other full confrontation armies unpainted if the game comes back and I want an army. I'm a bit of a collector and hoarder.

Crazy armies are how I get into a new theme. My first Fantasy Army was an Albion army using all Sessairs. After I get the creative itch out and start reading more of the lore, I'll probably end up working on some Tau army.

Do Space Wolves not use Dreadnoughts? I thought I saw them on the army list. Honestly I really don't care, that Dwarf Golem is too cool not to get for this army. I'll make them take a Dreadnought.

It's seeming like I am swaying back in the direction I was originally with #2. It does seem like the right choice, that guy on top does take away from the mystique of it all.

Thanks for the thoughts.
    Last edited by HodRod; 09-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.

good to hear im about the same with different armies, etc.

Yes spacewolves use dreadnoughts it is an elite choice i think. At one point i think they had a space wolf specific one that used double power fists (or something, i used to play GW stuff, but realized that they are money hungry douchbags and the whole time consuming aspect of the large scale games turns me off)

below is a link to the forge world Space wolf dreadnaught.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...EADNOUGHT.html

So I got my Dwarf Golem #2 for my birthday and I couldn't be happier. It's is awesome. It has two options for a head which I wasn't expecting but was happy to find since I like the head that wasn't on display.

I've taken all the pieces off and dremeled them smoother in the places they needed it. The detail is great in the cast and I can't find a single place it's mis-casted. I have also assembled it as much as I can without gluing anything and can say it is an impressive mini.

I want to paint it soon but feel like I need another big mini under my belt before I get to this guy, especially since one more big mini under my belt would make a grand total of one. I might paint a tank soon so I get all the beginners mistakes out on it and not on this big guy.

As a conclusion to this thread I would suggest to anyone who is a collector of the Rackham Confrontation Tir-Na-Bor line to get one or even two of these guys, they are well worth the $150. It is by far the most I have every paid for a single mini and I have no regrets.