Female heads...

Thread: Female heads...

Default Female heads...

I am doing up a unit of possessed for my Thousand Sons army, and want them to have female heads. Unfortunatly, I am having a hard time finding anything. I want humanlike heads suitable to go onto Space Marine armour, that won\'t break the bank.

If you have any suggestions, or even happen to have some female heads you would be willing to trade or sell, please let me know.

I would use the demonettes heads, but that would cost a fortune.

How about seeing if one of the many sculptors here would sculpt some and cast them up for you?

Why not use the GS casting method? Though controvesial, It\'s a good way of getting small details!

Hmmm...I thought due to the fluff, Thousand Sons couldn\'t have possesed and all aspiring Champions where sorcerers. Rhubric of Arhimane or something.

Originally posted by Chrispy
    Why not use the GS casting method? Though controvesial, It\'s a good way of getting small details!
    controversial? why?

Because most minis are copyrighted, and its reproducing a copyrighted thing and thus illegal (or at least pushing the boundaries of legality).

I\'m curious though, at what point does copyright get infringed? Obviously copying a whole mini is wrong, but what if I copy just a tiny bit of one model, is that wrong?

What if I take a part of a model and make it into soemthing else (like terrain) and then makes copies of that, is that wrong?

Thousand Sons have no physical bodies! They are basically only walking powerarmors. So they don\'t have heads........and wouldn\'t have females in their ranks anyways.

if I copy just a tiny bit of one model, is that wrong? What if I take a part of a model and make it into soemthing else (like terrain) and then makes copies of that, is that wrong?
    That is all wrong, whole or in part, it\'s still copyright infringement. Technicly, even sculpting your own parts to copy a copyrighted part is illegal if it is then sold or reproduced for sale anyway. At least I\'m pretty sure, I\'m not a lawyer or anything.

however duplicating a mini that you NEVER sell shouldn\'t be illegal anyway.

{edit] whoops some already said this part [/edit] Aside from that aren\'t thousand sons living armor or some weird junk.

Hmmm, well, I could try casting them, but I still want a good idea of what to get. Daemonettes are nice, but too elven looking for my taste. I would still have to buy the mini to caste it anyway, and being me, I would want at least 3 or 4 varients.

Why couldn\'t Sisters have been made in plastics???

As well, Thousand Sons can have possessed, they all count as sorcerers. and don\'t have the Rubric of Ahriman. 9 guys (or gals) with doombolt running up at you can kinda put the hurt on, then add daemonic talons for another 19 S5 hits in close combat, this is 500 points well wasted!!!

Try Amazon Miniatures - www.amazonminiatures.com
    They have several female heads in their bits section - a pack of 20 will cost you 2.80 pounds