returning to miniature painting

Thread: returning to miniature painting

Default returning to miniature painting

Hi folks.

It's been years since my last painted miniature. I never really developed a huge technique for it, never had the patience when I was a kid. Out of High School I more or less quit gaming all together, just couldn't afford it.

Times have changed, the economy is down ... and some how I have money to spend on paints, brushes, and little metal figures.

I'm really looking to improve my skills. I just got several Reaper minis that look interesting, and I'll be posting pics like a good soldier.

SO HI! How are you? I'm happy to be here and let's have some FUN!

Welcome and happy painting
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

hey man, welcome back to the hobby! Best piece of advice i can give is read loads of articles and threads here to get down some good info, buy a dvd if you're having trouble getting techniques down and lastly, paint lots! Even basic table top standard work will improve your brush control. Also, post up your work. Critisism helps drive the desire to improve. Have fun mate!

Also there are some AWESOME you tube video's out there check out GirlPainting and AGProductions to start with hope it helps and welcome back to painting

Just getting into the hobby myself, i've painted a few and its really apparent that i could stand some improvement.. but thats why I'm here... I had a question for all the regulars here though, if we post pics of our works on the voting side should we still post them here on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Ape View Post
    Just getting into the hobby myself, i've painted a few and its really apparent that i could stand some improvement.. but thats why I'm here... I had a question for all the regulars here though, if we post pics of our works on the voting side should we still post them here on the forums?
    I'd say you could, although by the time you post to your gallery any suggestions or advice from the forum dwellers would have to be rolled into the next mini you paint. Probably better to post pictures on the forum while you're in the process (Works In Progress anyone?) in order to get tips before you finish it up.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Thanks much! appreciate it.

If you're looking to improve, posting WIP's on here will actually gain you more comments then a finished mini within the voting system

And welcome both to the site!

... and don't worry about how "good" your first bunch of paint jobs are. Being exposed to the best painting skills in the world can make anything you do feel like rubbish. Still does sometimes, for me. Just learn from them, don't let it frustrate you, and have fun developing your own style