Zeltch's Wip

Thread: Zeltch's Wip

Default Zeltch's Wip

Hey there so I have really been wanting to start a wip log for a while now and I finally put together my light box for taking pictures so I figured this would be as good a time as any to start one. I would say I am an O.K painter but I have gotten a lot of inspiration from some of you on here and am really trying hard to get better. To start here is a rat ogre that I have been working on for a little bit now. I have been working on my flesh tones and also some NMM stuff, I still have quite a ways to go and since school is starting up it will only be a little at a time but ya. And another thing to mention is that I also play Warhammer fantasy with my brother and a few friends so a lot of my original posts will most likely be of the army I have, which is skaven. The good thing about that though is that I really like a lot of the skaven models so its fun to paint them. Anyways here are a few pics of the guy.
    Attachment 15621
    Attachment 15622

All comments and advice are welcome. On another note I am still trying to figure out my camera and getting the pics just right.
    Thx all.

I just realized the pics didn't show so here they are lol.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RatOgre_017.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	326.2 KB 
ID:	15623

Name:	RatOgre_025.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	15624

Like I mentioned still working out the photography part.

not bad i say, just love these ogres. i think you should add more contrast in the painting but its a great start. the blade rock (although i still prefer real metals )

Thx. With this model I really wanted to try to work on my flesh tones so I started with a brownish base (GW Ratskin Flesh) and shaded with a mix of the ratskin flesh and GW Lich Purple, slowly adding more and more purple. To highlight i ended up taking the ratskin flesh and adding a tad of red (GW Evil Suns Scarlet) and white (GW white scar) to make a peachy pink tone, and adding more and more white as I went up. The problem with this is I think because I was mixing 3 paints for the highlights it was a little difficult getting the same tone from session to session. I would say that the first pic shows what I tried to do better than the second (was experimenting with different types of lenses and focal points for the photographs). Any advice on how I could push the contrast even further? and just to clear up I haven't tackled the flesh on the legs and the tail yet, just the arms and upper body.

Hey there, just a little update. Haven't been able to do much because school has started up bu I did work a little more on the arm and some of the bandaging...

Name:	Rat Ogre (1 of 2).jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	15874

Name:	Rat Ogre (2 of 2).jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	15875

Was trying to go for a "rotting/pusy green bandage" effect on his arm. Looking at it now im not really sure that I nailed it. Any advice on how to make it look better and all critiques are welcome.
    Thx.

Name:	Rat Ogre 2 (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	15876

Here is a better picture of the front view.

Blog Entries

Looking lovely, watching this with interest and am definately wanting this miniature!

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...