RR as Administered by TAB - Page 40
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: RR as Administered by TAB

Default Why not painting???

Originally posted by DennisMech

My god it\'s been a long time since I\'ve posted here -I\'ve mostly stopped painting minis (though weirdly I still avidly follow mini news and the CMON gallery).
    Just curious: why have you stopped painting? I myself have taken a long hiatus due to ill health, but I\'m trying to get going again. Wish me luck!!

Well, a few days ago a very battered package showed up at my house. It was plastered in return to sender stickers, indicating that the address was unknown. This is not only weird because I\'m sure I wrote the address given to me, but also that it took half a year to get back!
    That happened to a wedding invitation to one of our guests. He finally got it after a year, and it had postmarks from all around the world on it! Weird.

Sioux

PS- Glad to see the orcs are back after all that work everyone did. YAYYYY!
    :bouncy:

That would be cool to have seen where those Orcs have travelled in the last 6 months...

I asked, but the orks just said \"what happens in Oz stays in Oz.\"

Pat and Eldars go out today.

Pleased to see the orcs back in town.

Glad to see some of the missing make their way back.

Originally posted by darthfoley
    Glad to see some of the missing make their way back.
    Now if we can just find the little weasle that made off with the ettins..... :flame:

Was thinking that as ugly as it may be, we might have to start screening who we let into the Round Robin. They will have to be a well known CMONer with a solid history or some such before they are allowed to sign up. I hate to have to do that...but maybe that\'s what it takes....

Grumb

Originally posted by torifile

Just curious: why have you stopped painting? I myself have taken a long hiatus due to ill health, but I\'m trying to get going again. Wish me luck!!
    Well, I also draw and paint outside of minis, and I decided I wanted to focus more on that art. I still love the tangible end result of minis, but in the end I was always bothered by the fact that I was painting somebody else\'s art. The ability to create a whole world of my own interested me more, and also being able to say all kinds of stuff I just couldn\'t with minis.

Doesn\'t mean I don\'t love them though, and I still keep track of the mini world almost as much as I did before. It makes me very nostalgic to hear from all of my old CMON friends now...

We\'ve missed you lad, good to see you back and about. Come and stay a while....you find a lot of new faces, and a few OLD familiar ones too.

Cheers,
    Grumb :D

Trevor hasn\'t been posting much lately.
    Maybe, but I\'m still about...

:)

DennisMech

Could not have better news!!!!!

I PM\'ed you a weeeeee laaaaaa
    I will now go and PM you my address:D

I will check for damage then mail them to Trevor .... if he still wants them next.

Trevor? yes? no?

This is exciting!
    Yes I think a 6 months posting history is helpful then the worry burden can be eased to a minimum. Dennis let us know what happened right away.
    Argonaux just dropped into thin air. All contact information I have is unfruitful and frustrating. I will try to skip trace him, Grumb maybe I can get your help as well.

Cheers
    Tracy

Yes, sure if we are willing to run the risk of them going off on another bender...

:)

Anything I can do to help TAB, send me the last address etc. that you had for him and I\'ll see what I can do.

Grumb

The orcs have been sent to your address Tracy. :)

Thank you, I will let you know when they get here.

I have them the orks I will put pictures on site as soon as I fix them ....yet they have issues but none we can not overcome.

Thank you James I really appreciate your quick return and the care you gave when you are so busy.
    Tracy

Great news about the Orcs! Yay!

Giants are scheduled for paintjobs starting next week, when the WOH thingies (see there/WIP) are out.
    Maybe a revised list of who\'s still in, or do we decide who gets the minis next in the go?

I\'ll be happy to take a crack at the giants next Godlikebuthumble....I\'m on a bit of a painting tear recently...good ideaa to take advantage of it while it lasts...

cheers,
    Grumb

Bump!

Just some little update on the giants. I started work on them a couple days ago. I\'m going to do the skin on the one with a raised club and the crossbelts on the fomorian one.
    Some issues, though: having a look at the fomorian, he seems to have lost a bit of paint from wrists and toes during transport. So now I plan on hitting newly painted areas with some \'ardcoat before shipping out. Is that a problem? I guess if the final-final layer is dullcote, a previous gloss varnish shouldn\'t matter, right? ???
    Also, painters beware! The hill giant with the club has some serious fissures and rips in the metal, seems to be some casting mishap... I just fixed some around his scalp with GS, but his back and other places still need to be done. I haven\'t done those as I reckoned everyone would rather use own methods/materials for that kind of work (and my GS skills suck, plainly).

Darn, got rather long for a short update :rolleyes:

CU,
    MirzA

Are you just going to put hardcoat on the areas that you paint, or the whole thing? (i.e. brush on or spray. Hardcoat will protect the mini, but it sucks to have to try to paint over it. You end up having to dullcoat over it if you want to add more paint anyway.

I also have to recant my earlier offer. Haven\'t painted in sevreal weeks, and on my way to the other side of the world tomorrow. Might want to pass it on to someone else first. Send it to me if there are no volunteers, I can work on it when I return.

Ok, I\'m going to brush on some hardcoat on painted areas.

What of the chipped parts of greenstuff\'s paintjob one one of the giants? Should I try to fix it or does the final one fix things?