Hotline, Andrea pin-up series
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotline, Andrea pin-up series

Blog Entries

Default Hotline, Andrea pin-up series

Here's my next project. It is another from the pin-up series by Andrea. Original art by Gil Elvgren. I used her in my entry for the one hour face painting comp here http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-painting-comp

I'm going to focus mostly on getting the sheer effect since everything she is wearing is sheer. I started this sheer differently than in the past. Usually I paint everything sheer as skin then layer on top with thin filters of fabric color. This time I did the opposite and painted the fabric color first.

Here she is before basecoating the stockings.
    Name:  hot1.jpg
Views: 5390
Size:  91.0 KB

Basecoat stockings

Name:  hot2.jpg
Views: 3852
Size:  110.9 KB

Here is adding my first filters of flesh mixed with the black and working up adding more flesh to create the sheer look. Towards the end the thinnest parts of the fabric will be almost all flesh tone but a darker tone than what I have her skin painted. The last pic is where I stopped on her last night.

Name:  hot3.jpg
Views: 3290
Size:  85.0 KB Name:  hot4.jpg
Views: 2809
Size:  75.6 KB Name:  hot5.jpg
Views: 2741
Size:  50.0 KB Name:  hot6.jpg
Views: 2909
Size:  80.3 KB

The shear on her top is spot on and the stockings are getting there. Oh, and her eyes look perfect from these picts.

Blog Entries

thanks for checking her out sir. Here is the original, but I don't plan on going that see through.

Name:  hot orig.jpg
Views: 4545
Size:  122.6 KB

Yep face and eyes look super.
    You certainly like painting girls Milosh, Good call sir!
    10 ball approves
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Your work on these pin-ups is just incredible. That is all I can say, just amazing stuff. Inspiring. Making me think about switching to painting these for a while.

Blog Entries

Thanks 10, and yes I like to paint the girlz.

Thanks MightyChad, that's very nice of you to say. The pin-ups are a fun bunch to paint, you should give one a try.

Here's some work I got done on her last night. I added lighter layers to her stockings to get them thinner and thinner looking. I also started putting some pink into her robe to show that it is sheer where it lays upon the cushion and also some signs of flesh in the shoulders of the robe. I went ahead and glued the phone on out of paranoia that I was going to lose it because it is so small. As soon as I get her arms where I want them I will glue on the phone cord, another piece I am in fear of losing. Let me know what you think so far.

Name:  hot7.1.jpg
Views: 2611
Size:  62.6 KB

After the last one I half expected to see you add a guy in a scream mask asking if she likes scary movies.

Looking very good. Your work on the sheer clothing is very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished figure.

Blog Entries

Sweet. Another good one.
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com

Absolutely lovely, you have seriously got a handle on sheer cloth! Also, I like how you've kept the colors from the original piece, but sort of re-interpreted them. Bigger pics please

Blog Entries

Thanks Bailey for the compliment and I originally had a surprise for her but decided to leave her as the kit comes because the kit is so pretty.

Thanks for checking in SandRat

Thanks Hedera, I can't really take credit for the colors of the kit. I am doing what the box art shows. I was lucky enough to see the original box art figure in person that was painted by Julio Cabos and it took my breath away.

Thanks guys for checking her out. Hopefully another update next week.

Looking impressive, will follow this with interest.

Curse you milosh! I put my pinup in the pine sol vat of doom, because I had put too many layers of paint on the stockings. She's cleaned, and once I get some more glue to reassemble her, it's game on. Well, once I finish the mini I'm on now.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Blog Entries

Back at this girl. It's been slow going on her as I just haven't been super motivated to paint anything the last couple of weeks. I have added the cord for the phone and continued work on the stockings and the rest of her sheer clothing. Let me know what you think.

Name:  hot11.jpg
Views: 2475
Size:  88.2 KB

Name:  hot12.jpg
Views: 2451
Size:  62.9 KB

Blog Entries

here is a little update on her. Still working on the stockings to make them as smooth as possible. I have also put her on a base and extended the rug out. Still some days to go but she is getting close. Let me know what you think.

Name:  hot14.jpg
Views: 2338
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  hot13.jpg
Views: 2343
Size:  108.4 KB

Name:  hot15.jpg
Views: 2331
Size:  109.3 KB

Name:  hot16.jpg
Views: 2319
Size:  97.8 KB

The yellow really works, the colour balance is perfect.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Is it possible to be smoother? Extremely impresses sir.

Very impressive work Milosh. Personnaly I found the yellow to saturated. I will tone down a bit. My eyes are attracted to much to the phone.
    Very good work I love pin-up.

Blog Entries

Thank you guys for checking her out and leaving a comment or your thoughts. The yellow of the phone is very vibrant but it is intentional to bring attention to an otherwise meaningless object and connect it with her shoes.

Let me know what you think of this tile of pictures I made for possible submission. I feel it might be a tad too dark. What do you guys think?

Name:  hotline cmon.jpg
Views: 2267
Size:  477.8 KB

Yee gods thats good! Dont know why Ive been missing this wip sorry mate! That phone is superb and the sheer effect is spot on plus your skin tones as ever are the dogs bollocks. Excellent work! Submmitted?
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Blog Entries

thank you sir. I haven't submitted it yet, I just don't like the pictures. They aren't bright enough and don't show all of her. I am still working on that. Thanks for checking her out, I was beginning to think you didn't like her