Bailey03's WIP - Page 108
Page 108 of 170 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3399

Thread: Bailey03's WIP

In total agreement to this judging my own ide say bronze to silver quality at least my CB entries.

Thanks, Maenas!

Well, I've just about finished the samurai figure. All I've got left to do are the shoes and some touch ups on the arrow heads in the quiver. Now, the base is still in the early stages, so I'm still stressing about finishing that in time. But, I'll find a way to get in done to a level I'm happy with.

These will probably be the last pictures I post of the samurai until after the show. And yeah, I said I wasn't going to show the Northumbrian before the show either... but I decided to give you all a sneak peak anyway. I'm happy with how the final weathering turned out on the shield. As you can see, I redid the scratches on the metallic parts and it looks much more beat up now. And of course you can see the snow effects on the base. But you'll have to wait to see the other side. =)

The samurai is fantastic and definitely a type of miniature I'd never be able to finish, should I try to paint it. I just know I would start hating all the patterns and stuff and lose interest and motivation. So, not only am I impressed by the quality of the paintjob here, but I'm also very impressed by your perseverance determination to get it done.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Thanks, Ritual! Ha, yes, keeping motivated was probably the hardest part of this project. I took a month off in the middle of the project just to paint something else. But having the deadline for the show helped keep me on task. Otherwise I'm sure this one would have sat on my painting table for many more months before I finally got around to finishing him up.

There's no negative numbers in that scale.. not sure what my stuff would get then..

David your beyond gold with these...dare I say you've increased your level of competitive entries and outdone even your own expectations with these two....it's going to be a pleasure watching you take the top prizes in your category ....again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    Thanks, Ritual! Ha, yes, keeping motivated was probably the hardest part of this project. I took a month off in the middle of the project just to paint something else. But having the deadline for the show helped keep me on task. Otherwise I'm sure this one would have sat on my painting table for many more months before I finally got around to finishing him up.
    Taking a month off would be worse for me, I would struggle to get back on it. This one's a real winner mate.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

*swoon* I am amazed by your skill and artistry. Well done and good luck!
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

That is incredible to say the least. Good luck dude.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Would so much want too see these in real life, good luck now, fantastic pieces.
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

That samurai still blows my mind. The level of care and detail that you have put in is amazing and the technical skill that is required to pull it off is something that I fantasize about. The patterns on the cloth are particularly beautiful. I can't imagine how miniature painting can get any better than this.

Also looking forward to seeing the final images Northumbrian. He's got amazing depth and detail for such a simple colour scheme.
    Miniature painting takes a little brush and a lot of patience.
    My fledgeling WIP
    My Gallery

Amazing work as always Bailey. Are you just bringing these two entries or is that little pirate coming making the trip as well?

Thanks, everyone!

Fluister, for the competition I'm only planning to enter the samurai and the Northumbrian. I've still got too much to do on the dwarf pirate and not enough time. I'll probably bring him along plus some other figures to use as examples in my painting seminars, but that's it. There's another show down in San Diego at the end of next month (KingdomCon). I'll probably just finish him up after Crystal Brush and enter him into that show instead. It's too bad, I'd really liked to know if he could medal in fantasy single... but it's not worth rushing the figure.

You could always take your time to finish him up and wait to enter it next year. But I'm sure you have other figures in the pipeline you'd rather do instead. Or you will soon because there's always a new shiny that demands painting.

That's true, I could hang on to him until next year. The hard part with Crystal Brush is, if I want to do that, I can't enter him into anything between now and then or else he'll be ineligible. Plus, you generally hope that in a year's time you could make something even better! And yeah, there's always new figures to paint.

I do have a few potential projects for next year. Obviously I'll do another 54mm historical figure since that's pretty much my thing. I'm out of Latorre figures like the Northumbrian and last year's Saxon, so maybe I'll do a Pegaso or Romeo one. I'm leaning towards one of their Napoleonics just to shake things up; they tend to be nice and colorful. For my big entry there are a few options... I just got a 75mm mounted knight from Pegaso which has tons of opportunity for freehand heraldry designs. I'd still like to get the clever hunter from NutsPlanet and do another OSL dominated piece. And finally, the sculpt I'm probably most looking forward to buying and painting is the Conan style barbarian and girl from Black Sun Miniatures. I think it's one of my favorite sculpts and would give me plenty of opportunity to do skin tones (preferably two very different shades for each of the two characters). The piece needs a narrative base to complete the story, but with that could be a great contest piece. Not sure which I'll do for the contest, could be something else entirely, but those are the ones that have my interest at the moment.

All I can say is: If you do not win, at least, judges will hate you for making their lives so complicated..... xD xD xD Good good luck!!

Loving that barbarian piece you mention!! It really looks like a a comic cover!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Good luck Bailey! I shall be cheering you guys on in spirit with pom-poms whirling.

I love that barbarian sculpt. And man is that serious sculpting skill!
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

I think I'm gonna pick up that barbarian and just keep him in my collection that's really your figure and that should ,as you say, shake shit up... But not using French- lol

That barbarian sculpt is really cool. I feel the only proper way to paint him up is like a 70's style prog-rock album cover.

I'm hoping I can sculpt something as cool as that someday.