Bailey03's WIP - Page 105
Page 105 of 172 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3428

Thread: Bailey03's WIP

Well, looks like I'm just going to keep posting...

I just saw the announcement for this new figure from Nuts Planet. I definitely want one! I have a feeling a number of you might feel the same way. This and the previous release for the trigger line (the clever hunter) have me thinking of all kinds of scenes I could create for them.

I thought it was open format I still say don't talk yourself down and you are right, better to win in a tough year where everyone shows up to really get a feel for where you are. Besides, it's only hard on the judges then :P
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

But WE are the judges! Well, half of them, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    Alowan, I was thinking those cords would be a material more like silk than traditional rope. I don't know if that's historically accurate or not, but that's why I went for a smooth shiny look.
    Makes sense. Then they seem perfect!

she's lovely. looks a little like jill valentine from RE. reminds me of one i saw on legendarion a little earlier...
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  139.0 KB
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

That sharpshooter is an awesome looking sculpt.

The Samauri is looking even better as you ad the cords and other fine details. I agree that a red structure would not mesh well with the colors you have so far.

Some of the p,ainer torii's seem to be more of a blue gray though. Name:  nikko-futarasan-03.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  136.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    That sharpshooter is an awesome looking sculpt.

The Samauri is looking even better as you ad the cords and other fine details. I agree that a red structure would not mesh well with the colors you have so far.

Some of the p,ainer torii's seem to be more of a blue gray though. Name:  nikko-futarasan-03.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  136.6 KB
    This one in particular looks like made of bronze.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Thanks for the picture, Krule. A blue-grey weathered one like that could work.

Zab, yeah, now that you mention it, she does. The Legendarion one is cool too, neat to see that anime style.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    This one in particular looks like made of bronze.
    Makes sense with the verdigris at the bottom.

Okay, last bit of painting on this guy for the next few weeks. The swords have been attached and mostly painted. There's still a cord and sash that I plan on doing in purple. There's only three pieces left to add. I should definitely be able to finish this guy in time (well, as long as I don't go crazy on the base of course).

In other news, they've announced the guest judges for Crystal Brush. Joining Jen will be Angel Giraldez, Anne Foerster, and Jose Nunez (plus all of you for the internet vote). It's going to be a tough crowd! =)

You continue to amaze me Bailey. Have a good break and come back refreshed.
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

That sniper lady looks awesome. You're bringing the samurai to CB, yeah? Because I'm feeling a first-placer, your work on him is NUTS.

Thanks, Arch and Kat. Yup, the samurai will be my entry into large scale. It's a tough category, but I'm hoping it's able to get something!

Great to hear he will be finished in time. Looking forward to seeing him in person in Chicago.
    .................................................. ........
    Here is a link to the stuff I have painted:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/MrJim

Here is a link to my WIP thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...rJim-s-ADD-WIP

Here is a link to my favorite Miniatures Website:
    http://www.competitionminis.com/

If anyone's interested in seeing the Trigger model posted above all painted up, here it is: http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/9101

Thanks for the link. I think that's probably the kit base as well. It wasn't in the earlier pictures, but there was a note about a ruined building base.

Hey all, I just got back from a two week trip to Italy. I had a great time and, while I was in Rome, I got the chance to check out a few of their model stores. They had some great figures on display. Here are a few of the pictures I took while I was there. The first was the General Store Roma, which had a nice selection of kits. I picked up a copy of Origen Arts' Boudicca bust while I was there, which it a beautiful kit I'd been wanting. Anyway, here's a glimpse at their display case...

I forget the name of the second store, but it had more of a historical figure focus. Again, great pieces on display...

I picked up a figure here too. This time it was Alexandros Models Officer of the Companions. He's a neat 54mm historical figure from the era of Alexander the Great.

Of course I didn't just spend my time taking pictures at model stores... though I don't want to bore you with all of my vacation photos. I did want to share a few more that I think are interesting for reference. When it comes to ancient Greece and Rome I feel like many of us pictures this white stone buildings because that's what we see from the ruins. In reality, these places were full of color. The walls, statues, etc would be covering in decoration be it colored marble, mosaics, or paint. It's just that most of that stuff didn't survive the ages. However, I stopped off for a tour of Herculaneum which, like Pompeii, was buried in the Mt Vesuvius eruption. It's just on the other side of the mountain and not as well known. Because of the different location, the way it was buried was a little different and resulting in things like wood, furniture, and more of the art being preserved than in Pompeii.

Here are a few pictures I took while I was there. Just imagine the ancient city with every wall covered in art like these...

I also stopped off in the Archaeological Museum in Naples where many of the artifacts and a lot of the art from Pompeii and Herculaneum are kept. There was a ton of great stuff here. But one of the pieces I was most excited to see was the Alexander mosaic. I'd see pictures of this when I was doing research for a figure project, so seeing it in person was amazing. I definitely was not prepared for the size of it. I snapped a picture with Meredith in the frame so you could get an idea of how big this thing was. The mosaic shows a battle between Alexander the Great and Darius of Persia and is believed to be a copy of a 3rd century BC painting. When you're painting an ancient figure, how do you know what the equipment looked like and what colors it should be? Well, something like this is a great source of information!

Sounds like a fun trip. I wonder if the shop owner painted all the figures?
    Here is a link to the stuff I have painted:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/MrJim

Here is a link to my WIP thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...rJim-s-ADD-WIP

Here is a link to my favorite Miniatures Website:
    http://www.competitionminis.com/

Blog Entries

Wow, that puts every US hobby store I have been in to shame:

Name:  IMG_9997.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  68.7 KB

Seriously though. There is a place called the toy soldier in Los Gatos I have yet to poke my head in though. Maybe next time you come through we could meet on your side of the hill.

Demi, yeah, that'd be fun. We'll have to check it out!

MrJim, both stores had model clubs that meet there and I got the impression a lot of the figures were done by the members. Some of the figures were for sale and some were just for display. The first store had some box art pieces too for a line they're producing. And the second store had a bunch of work in progress pieces on the bottom shelf, which I assumed were from the various club members. I'll also add that while the pieces on display were all very high quality, I noticed a wider range of skill level for the pieces in the second store. So definitely kits painted by a number of different people.