Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 2,981 to 2,999 of 2999

Thread: Bailey03's WIP

It being 3 dimensional is odd, or I would say it could be a tribal design/rune work painted onto the stone. If it was concrete I would say it was added before the axe head was poured. Definitely can see your dilemma. Is it to late to add rivets?

Never too late! I had contemplated that, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Just looked up a couple tutorials and I think it's doable.

I wish I'd thought more about it at the beginning. I could have just filed/sanded it off. It's definitely too late for that, but I think adding some rivet details could still work.

Splendid work there mate. I agree with you that removing the design would be best. Hmm a bit late as you say but even so I would be tempted to try it anyway and just repaint the whole axe.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

First off it looks amazing. My only advice would be to carry the scratches on through it with a xacto blade and paint it stone as well

Thanks, Andy and BAM. Andy, if it weren't already attached to the figure, that might be worth trying. But it's not the strongest connection, so I'm pretty sure I'd end up snapping it in two if I tried!

In the end, I decided to just paint the whole thing as stone. I just painted on the scratches through the design (no need to bother with the xacto). Here's a look at how it turned out...
    Name:  OB49.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  179.8 KBName:  OB52.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  115.6 KB
    Name:  OB50.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  258.6 KB

Nahhh, it's terrible mate. Bin it and start again.

No, it's looking awesome as stone. I think you've done as good a job as it's possible to do on it!
    error 404: signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Nahhh, it's terrible mate. Bin it and start again.
    yeah that was my thought to. In fact It is so bad I will PM you my address to help dispose of it....lol

The fix looks great, now it just looks like decorative chiseling.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. But, since it's this close to being done, I might as well suck it up and just finish the piece. =P

Thanks, everyone. Only a few small bits and details left, so I hope to have this finished in the next week or so. Should be just in time since I'll be leaving in a week and a half to head out east for NOVA (and a mini-vacation while I'm at it).

I think the Orc Brave is finally finished. What do you think? Next steps will be entering it into the competition over on Eavier Metal and then bringing it along with me to NOVA Open!

Attachment 59781Attachment 59782Attachment 59783Attachment 59784

I seem to be having issues with attaching images and CMON thinking it's spam, so here's another try...
    Name:  OB53.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  401.2 KBName:  OB54.jpg
Size:  434.7 KBName:  OB55.jpg
Size:  444.9 KB

splendid work there on the orc nice story being told and some great blending th eye in particular is spot on.

If I were to crit anything maybe the wood on the axe haft is a little flat or maybe that's just the photo.

Well done Bailey
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Thanks, Andy!

Just uploaded the photos over on Eavier Metal, so now he's officially entered into the Eadbanger Competition. I also uploaded him to the CMON gallery, but it'll probably be another day before the admins approve it. I'll share the link once it's live.

Always a relief to get a project finished. Now I can get back to some of the other pieces on my painting station. Probably won't get too invested in anything until after NOVA. But, for now, I'm starting to plan out the base for my pirate crew. With the Redghar and the dwarf almost done, I really need to stop dragging my feet and start building the scene for them!

Looks great! I love the expression on his face..almost like a curious child lol

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason the base is so sparse in vegetation?
    For God and Country,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

Thanks!

I was thinking more wasteland for the base. The tree died quite some time ago and the grass has turned yellow. I guess I could have put more grass around him, but it seemed okay to leave more of the base bare.

Part of this was based on the tree. A live tree would be harder to sculpt... I'd need finer branches and then leaves, all of which would obscure the view of the orc even more. And, if the tree is dead, a lush green surrounding seemed odd. Plus, without a bunch of green around him, the green orc stands out more. At least that was my thought process. Whether it's the right decision or not, well that's a whole different matter!

You entering the Orc in the Capital Palette at Nova or is it just going to be a display piece that you are showing off (I know last year they had a case just displaying the stuff that the Massive Voodoo guys painted)?
    Just curious where I will be able to get a good look at this Orc. Great paint job by the way.

I am planning to enter him into the competition. I'll probably also bring a couple historical pieces like the Empress Dragoon and my Northumbrian. If it wasn't such a long trip I'd bring along more, even if just for display. But I don't want to risk damaging them (and pieces like the samurai start to make the case pretty heavy to carry!).