Bailey03's WIP - Page 170
Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170
Results 3,381 to 3,399 of 3399

Thread: Bailey03's WIP

Phenomenal work, Bailey. It seems strange to say about such a ‘noisy’ paintjob, but your restraint is what makes it great. Love the hands. Can’t wait to see the cloak completed!
    Also, the coaching model of creative support sounds great. You’ll be an amazing coach, of that I am certain.

Your a genius plain and simple!!!this is intense.

Always nice to check out what you're working on!

Not much to add except ... WOW

I love the motley colors of this guy. The freehand is coming along nicely.

That dwarf is a masterpiece. Very impressing work. The demon is also over the top. Great colours and freehands.

Hey all, it's been a while since I've updated this thread. I have a couple finished projects that I'll have to share, but let's start with my most recent piece. I just wrapped up the academic orc bust from Hera Models. This was a really enjoyable piece to paint. A great sculpt with lots of nice shapes to work with. It's been done by a lot of people, so I spent some time trying to figure out how I could make mine unique. In the end I decided to play around with lighting. Most versions I've seen have basic zenithal lighting, so I opted to move the main light off center to more of a 3/4 lighting. Given the mood of the figure, I liked the idea of throwing half the face into shadow. Felt more menacing that way. Then I added a secondary light source from below to help define the shapes on the shaded side of the figure. I still find painting multiple light sources to be very challenging, so the academic bust was a great piece to get some practice on.

He's on Putty & Paint and I've also just put him up in the CMON gallery
    https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/22038
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/439500

Extraordinary work.... best version of this just I’ve seen. Just beautiful painting

I really cannot stop looking at it. You nailed it.

Stunning work

Fantastic work, as always. So smooth...
    I especially like the subtle effect of the secondary light.

This is gorgeous. The secondary lights are so subtle. The highlighting on the skin is beautiful.

I don't know, doesn't look like you are struggling with two-source light from my perspective! Great job on the bust.

What if the man who painted that amazing orc bust had written a tutorial to help guys like you & me get our highlights looking just right? Bailey discusses that and more on ToadChapel, where you can find a brand new tutorial filled with his usual great tips and lucid explanation.

Thanks, David!

Bravo sir. Excellent blends and lighting
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Awesome as usual Bailey.

It was a highlight of my hobbying to see some of your work up close in the Adepticon painting class you taught.