Disney buys Lucasfilm, episode 7 in 2015. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disney buys Lucasfilm, episode 7 in 2015.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Yoda can lift an X-Wing with his mind. I don't doubt that he could lift himself. I just find it odd that he was flying around like a squirrel on fire against dooku (and sidious), and then be an invalid 20 years later.
    I thought a he was more like a crazed spider monkey hopped up on pixie sticks and Mountain Dew, myself. But squirrel on fire works too!

Maybe Yoda ages more like a dog, where 1 year of human life is equal to 25 of Yoda years? I think we are all starting to fall into the trap of trying to apply reality to Science Fiction...

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Or you could dial the irony and sarcasm back, since it doesnt translate onto text at all.
    Hmm, interesting that you recognised it as irony and sarcasm then...

Discussion of this type always include opinions given as fact and I like = good along with I don't like = bad; while this is inevitable it is none the less frustrating to read but particularly so when they're used as the basis for absolutist no redeeming features in the prequels pronouncements... that's when the sarcastic needs to be dusted off and slapped into the breach. Blanket statements of the superiority of 4, 5 and 6 versus 1, 2 and 3 are irritating for people who aren't blind to the fact that the original and its two sequels are not perfect (by a long chalk) and can see the merits of the prequels (the first in particular), despite their flaws.

Yoda the green pinball? The same yoda that could barely walk on Degobah? Pfft.
    He's nearly at his end - how soon after this does he actually 'die'/die? That's one way to rationalise it if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhowl View Post
    I think we are all starting to fall into the trap of trying to apply reality to Science Fiction...
    Yahzee! Things that fail the logic test abound unfortunately: all this advanced technology and not a single guided missile? No sentient computers? (This observation from before the first trilogy.) Attack Pattern Delta? And yes, there are far too many cases of plot elements jumping the shark in the prequels.

Einion

[QUOTE=Pygmalion;674818]I always wondered if Lucas substituted the Ewoks as a more marketable, commercially salable version of the Wookies (also turning their species name inside out). It always felt to me that those scenes should have been on the planet of the Wookies, the big, tough teddy bears.

Wookies would have been much better than Ewoks, but then we would have missed out on something that everyone so far has completely overlooked (pointedly ignored?)- there were "sequels", at least other movies set in the Star Wars universe, those that embodied almost everything that the haters hold most dear, excepting Jar Jar. Doesn't any one remember the most awesome piece of cinematography that was Caravan of Courage? Ewoks, kids, a narrator. Quality. It had its own sequel, The Battle for Endor. Though wikipedia tells me that they were set between Empire and Jedi

Yoda the green pinball? The same yoda that could barely walk on Degobah? Pfft. Although 3 is dark. Almost too much so. Like they tried to compensate for Episode 1 by force choking kids.
    This is the same IP that told us that a massive slimy piece of worm-ridden filth could increase his mass approximately three times over in less than ten years, but still only be the same level of feared criminal overlord.

The only plot hole that really bothered me : Amidala dies giving birth, but Leia says that her mother died when she (leia) was very young. It was just such an obvious, glaring mistake, that was integral to the whole relationship between luke and leia.
    I love Star Wars, grew up watching them, but IMO there is only one way to watch: take seat, disengage brain, enjoy
    The best thing about the star wars series is what came after, my favourite star wars memories are playing as a Tie-fighter pilot on my old pc. Disney could do some really interesting stuff with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Ok I'll admit to being 19 when Episode 5 came out in the UK and LOVING every minute of it (Except the hokey award garbage at the end), 6&7 were great.
    There had been nothing as AWE inspiring in SF movies until then and Star Wars was a major break through in QUALITY and Effects.
    So those of use who saw 5,6&7 originally have grown older and more cynical so that 1,2&3 do seem weak in comparison but let's not forget what the whole thing is; EYE CANDY
    That's it in a nut shell, nothing more nothing less. Plot holes Yes, Dodgy acting in some cases Hell Yes, but so what.

Let us just be grateful for the movies and TV shows that "Jumped on the Bandwagon", because if we're honest if it hadn't been for George Lucas and better effects we wouldn't have gotten:-

Erin Grey on TV.
    I was fortunate to meet Ms. Grey at a convention a few years ago. She was gracious, and as beautiful as ever.

But "Buck Rogers" was as wretched a piece of embarrassment as any late 1970s television show, and a disgrace to its source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
    I was fortunate to meet Ms. Grey at a convention a few years ago. She was gracious, and as beautiful as ever.
    You are a lucky man. She's held in regard by quite a few people as the American Elizabeth Sladen (Dr Who's Sarah Jane Smith)

But "Buck Rogers" was as wretched a piece of embarrassment as any late 1970s television show, and a disgrace to its source material.
    I wasn't exactly watching it for the story or source material
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.