Disney buys Lucasfilm, episode 7 in 2015. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney buys Lucasfilm, episode 7 in 2015.

Yeah but I doubt we will see sequels with the old cast in it, since that would be impossible t
    Due to the advanced age of the actors.

And I doubt Lucas would do a story treatment that was a copy paste of some books.

While I like the books I also don't think they would be the best way to move star wars forward since they are more of what has been seen before.

Breaking new ground in the universe would suit the franchise as a whole better, and set up future projects.

Allthough I still think that not doing the x-wing books as a tv series is a giant missed opportunity
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by PegaZus View Post
    I'm kinda hoping for a reboot. Of the prequels. There's a vid out there (sorry, on phone so can't search easy) where a guy goes through what he thinks should have been done for TPM. Makes it an arc story centered on Obi Wan, & scraps a lot of the extraneous plot lines. I enjoyed his version so much, I keep forgetting that's not what the movie actually was.

Highly doubt that will happen, unfortunately.

It seems the prequels are only seen as rubbish by those of us that fondly love the old ones. Many of the kids that grew up with the prequels think they are ok.

I wish people would get off the "Lucas killed Star Wars" and "Lucas already dumbed down Star Wars" kicks. FFS what about silly/childlike/kidsy elements of eps 5 and 6 - do they not count for some reason or are memories seriously that short, or just selective?

None of the sequels lived up to the first film, deal with it people!

Einion

Eeehhmmm eh?? Empire is by far the best of the lot. And I fail to see the kids stuff in that!!!

Granted the ewoks were abit kiddy, bit Jedi had the most awesome space battle in it to compensate.

The new ones just suck on every possible level. Casting, design, writing and directing.

Oh, I know that a prequel reboot is nigh impossible. Maybe sometime in my life, when immersive 4d holographic movies become the norm that will happen (sadly with the originals as well).

As for Marjedi's every level of suck comment, I think those could be boiled all down to the one point that floored me in that Red Letter review: Describe each Star Wars character without saying what they wore or what their job was. The characters in the first three had depth, and were easily to describe. The prequels weren't as flowing. And I think that was because the characters didn't have a lot of depth. Which is really sad.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

QUOTE- "I wish people would get off the "Lucas killed Star Wars" and "Lucas already dumbed down Star Wars" kicks. FFS what about silly/childlike/kidsy elements of eps 5 and 6 - do they not count for some reason or are memories seriously that short, or just selective?

None of the sequels lived up to the first film, deal with it people!

Einion"

Empire is better than A New Hope - deal with that, your right about Jedi
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Blog Entries

Empire was the best of the lot for sure. I only saw the first prequel, I had no desire to see the others after watching the first one.

So you missed the worst cast actor in history, Hayden Crybaby!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    So you missed the worst cast actor in history...
    Who? Mr. "It's all Obi-Wan's fault. He's jealous. He's holding me back." or Kristen Stewart in, I don't know, everything she's ever done? It's very close, but I think K-Stew has the title of worst actor/actress (or are they all actors now?) in history.

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

I meant actor as in a dude...and yes k-stew is the worst actress.

But a fiver that she gets cast as a princess in need for the new star wars

Blog Entries

I meant actor as in a dude...and yes k-stew is the worst actress.

But a fiver that she gets cast as a princess in need for the new star wars
    LOL! I'm not taking that bet!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Empire is by far the best of the lot.
    Oh is it?

Granted the ewoks were abit kiddy....
    A bit? A bit?!?!!!!!

The new ones just suck on every possible level. Casting, design, writing and directing.
    This is obviously some definition of every possible level that I wasn't previously aware of.

As for Jedi having the most awesome space battle that just made me laugh; only someone who can't see what's good about 1, 2 and 3 could say that... which I presume from some of your other comments goes hand in hand with not being able to see what's not good (or actively bad) about 4, 5 and 6.

Einion

Come on people, don't just use Attack Pattern Delta, bring your A game

Einion

Or you could dial the irony and sarcasm back, since it doesnt translate onto text at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    Oh is it?

A bit? A bit?!?!!!!!

This is obviously some definition of every possible level that I wasn't previously aware of.

As for Jedi having the most awesome space battle that just made me laugh; only someone who can't see what's good about 1, 2 and 3 could say that... which I presume from some of your other comments goes hand in hand with not being able to see what's not good (or actively bad) about 4, 5 and 6.

Einion
    I always wondered if Lucas substituted the Ewoks as a more marketable, commercially salable version of the Wookies (also turning their species name inside out). It always felt to me that those scenes should have been on the planet of the Wookies, the big, tough teddy bears.

I am very fond of SW 4, 5, and 6, although I freely admit they are badly written and, aside from a few spectacular exceptions, only moderately acted. Lucas was lucky in getting some amazing industry old pros with awesome chops for a few roles and for the special effects, and some quite vividly memorable music. Apart from that, the original movies are kind of poor, little but mindless fun.

I do not care for the prequels at all. Their computer effects were showy, but to me at least less evocative than the slightly cheesy (but so possibly attainable to a bedazzled youngster) stop-motion animation and the brilliant Muppetry of Frank Oz of the original films. Their visuals were pretty. The scripts made no sense and were full of plot holes and the dialogue was as bad as ever, and the acting ... was not good.

4,5,6 had charm and were more engaging. 1,2,3 did not have charm. The darkest one is probably episode 3.

Best battle was Yoda in episode 2 with Dooku.

Ok I'll admit to being 19 when Episode 5 came out in the UK and LOVING every minute of it (Except the hokey award garbage at the end), 6&7 were great.
    There had been nothing as AWE inspiring in SF movies until then and Star Wars was a major break through in QUALITY and Effects.
    So those of use who saw 5,6&7 originally have grown older and more cynical so that 1,2&3 do seem weak in comparison but let's not forget what the whole thing is; EYE CANDY
    That's it in a nut shell, nothing more nothing less. Plot holes Yes, Dodgy acting in some cases Hell Yes, but so what.

Let us just be grateful for the movies and TV shows that "Jumped on the Bandwagon", because if we're honest if it hadn't been for George Lucas and better effects we wouldn't have gotten:-

Erin Grey on TV.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    4,5,6 had charm and were more engaging. 1,2,3 did not have charm. The darkest one is probably episode 3.

Best battle was Yoda in episode 2 with Dooku.
    Yoda the green pinball? The same yoda that could barely walk on Degobah? Pfft. Although 3 is dark. Almost too much so. Like they tried to compensate for Episode 1 by force choking kids.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Pfft. Lack of Jedi knowledge you have. Like the other Jedis he enforces his body with the force. It's not that Sidious could make somersaults without it.

I almost cheered in the movie theater when that battle took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    Pfft. Lack of Jedi knowledge you have. Like the other Jedis he enforces his body with the force. It's not that Sidious could make somersaults without it.

I almost cheered in the movie theater when that battle took place.
    Yoda can lift an X-Wing with his mind. I don't doubt that he could lift himself. I just find it odd that he was flying around like a squirrel on fire against dooku (and sidious), and then be an invalid 20 years later.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.