Is this a Good Thing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a Good Thing?

Question Is this a Good Thing?

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2012/10/d...aking-star.php

The Mouse is buying Lucas for 4.05 BILLION! and have plans to release a new Star Wars movie in 2015.....
    Meesa confused. Is this a good thing or bad.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

time will tell , time will tell.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

I hope I speak for the over-40 crowd who saw Star Wars when it first came out ... I can't imagine the mouse could do anything much worse to the franchise than Lucas did w/ the most recent set of movies.

Siviousplay makes a good point. And, to be fair to Disney, they have a decent track record. Pirates o t Caribbean and avengers were pretty good movies. Heck, let's be optimistic and imagine a Whedon Star Wars movie. Wouldn't that be nice?
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

*sigh* As I saw on Cracked.com just recently:

Do you remember The Matrix: Revolutions? No? It was, like, the final film in the trilogy? Still no? Hey, we haven't watched it since 2003 either. Wait, you don't even remember it coming out? Dear reader, we think you might have a case of PTSD: Post-Trilogy Stress Disorder. Don't worry; you're not alone in your suffering - it affects Star Wars fans too.

Or to put it more succinctly:

"The past is great! Don't ever change or update anything!"
    Anyway, back to the subject of the thread: really no way to predict how this will go; Disney have at times shown very good and very poor judgement (making them they're like just about every other studio). So one thing we can be sure of, interesting times ahead.

Einion

They may do a good job. They may flog a dead horse. We shall see. I'd rather see mini mouse than bloody Jar Jar
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by me_in_japan View Post
    Siviousplay makes a good point. And, to be fair to Disney, they have a decent track record. Pirates o t Caribbean and avengers were pretty good movies. Heck, let's be optimistic and imagine a Whedon Star Wars movie. Wouldn't that be nice?
    Imagine Joel Shumacher as the producer, Joss Whedon as Writer/(Co?)Director, and Jon Favreau as special consultant. . .

. . .in addition, just imagine the CG capabilities now that Pixar and LucasArts will be (essentially) the same company
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Curious to see how the new films will fit in with the current timeline already mapped out by the plethora of novels and such like. It would be hard to see how they could make new films with the main characters from IV -VI seeing as they are now a lot older and not necessarily in the film industry. It would also be a bit strange if they had to get in new actors to play Luke, Han, etc.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

I think that either the new films will be set long in the future past the novels, or in the past KOTOR timeline.

Either way i think they will try to make the franchise thier own and fit for future generations.

Breaking new ground in a new era will also make the most ense as it will mean a whole new slew of stuff to market as toys and stuff.

And i think Josh Whedon would be the perfect director for the new trilogy, he is a massive fan and geek and would do the movies justice.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

He also has already had a working relationship with Disney prior to Avengers...
    HE wrote Toy Story
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

It was stated last week that the new movies WOULD NOT have anything to do with ANY of the books. Lucas wrote the beginning treatments and has always said that any movies created after Return of the Jedi would be from his mind. So we can see at least the next three movies having a bit more of Lucas in it.......anything after that is fair game though.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

I've read on yahoo that Harrison Ford might be reprising his role as Han Solo. As long as they kill off his character apparently

Quote Originally Posted by dolenmorgul View Post
    I've read on yahoo that Harrison Ford might be reprising his role as Han Solo. As long as they kill off his character apparently
    I pray to god not. Did you see him as the last indiana jones? He's too old for this. Sure if he's a grizzled old man who sits in his millenium falcon driving at 2 parsecs and yelling at the young smugglers who can make the kessel run in 2 parsecs then MAYBE.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

I wouldn't read too much into what's been suggested/floated/hinted at, movie rumours are unreliable at the best of times but Internet movie rumours aren't worth the paper they're printed on...

Einion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    Internet movie rumours aren't worth the paper they're printed on...

Einion
    This made me

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

They will do a better job than Lucas ever would have; however, does "better=great"? I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into what's been suggested/floated/hinted at, movie rumours are unreliable at the best of times but Internet movie rumours aren't worth the paper they're printed on...

Einion
    I printed off all the rumors I could find, in color, with my COLOR Ink jet, on the highest quality photo paper, JUST to spite you....

I hope the 'new trilogy' happens a generation or so after the original Star Wars. No Harrison Ford, No Carrie Fisher, No Protocol Droids made by Darth Vader...

And for Gods sake, no Midichlorians.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I printed off all the rumors I could find, in color, with my COLOR Ink jet, on the highest quality photo paper, JUST to spite you....
    LOLs

Speaking of rumours you may not be able to rely on, Jon Favreau has indicated his interest in directing Episode 7.

Einion

Every creative Hollywood person that is even a mild star wars fan have their agent on overdrive.

Expect Josh Whedons name to come up as well.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post

And for Gods sake, no Midichlorians.
    Didn't the altered Episode I remove mention of it? I know they dropped it after the first movie.

As to 'good thing/bad thing'? I have no opinion.
    I doubt Joss Whedon will get Star Wars, though. He's already juggling the entire cinematic Marvel Universe.