Kretcher WIP - Page 37
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Kretcher WIP

Slowly going forward, some more done on face and eyes. still some left to do to fix last details there. rest of figure a lot to do still

Enjoying this one a lot.

Name:  Black bett 4.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  56.0 KB
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

I love the skin tones! Very nice work so far!

If anyone here are going to Dogma48 event see you there. Will post results when I am back again.

/K

Really cool mini that.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Yes cassar it is really cool. like it a lot. Also finally back from Dogma48 a long trip to get home delayed train and sp, the event was just fantastic really had to push myself to finish and a lot of comfort zones was tried in a way. I had to paint fast and it was meant as an display piece. We all started at 19.00 of Friday and at the latest at 19.00 on Sunday (48 hours later) we had to be finished with the project. A big thank you to Tue, Bo and all the others for input support and encouragement during this weekend.

Below are some pictures of my finished piece, it is 2 figures of the same sculpt and one painted as young and the other as an old version.

Name:  Dogma Finished 1 small_1.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  678.4 KBName:  Dogma Finished 2 small.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  738.0 KBName:  Dogma Finished 3 small.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  763.5 KB

Didn't mention it before, but the frames are a really cool gimmick!

I agree Oistene, got some help from my local art store with that ide.

Have put the work up in the gallery and also on putty and paint:

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/14467

/K

Excellent idea both in presentation and execution... congrats!! ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Decision on howto proceed with Marcus and the areas that I have had to give some extrathoughts to, Both in color choice but also what kind of material is it.

Cape design:
    Name:  Marcus 20170823-8.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  51.4 KB

I want to do something nice with the patterned area, it could be pressed leather but I will do it as cloth. Somepeople have suggested metallic looks but when it comes to true metallic it becomes to heavy and the cloak wouldn't flow like it does now. Instead I willsimulate metallic threads in the cloth. (look at cloth from 1600 and 1700 fromnoble people)

As seen inthe pictures below either the full area could be filled with the metallicthreads or just parts of it.
    Referencepicture:
    Name:  eMuseumPlus.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  374.9 KB

Name:  2aa1a7405d26e183e74f5dec829b4a7b.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  71.8 KB

I think Iwill use a mix of both of the above picture to get some more color into thecloth but still have most of it in metal threads. This will also be a challengein painting structure into something. Will test with both true metallic and NMMto see what works best. Not decided what kind of metallic to use yet either.Need to test what works best. the cloth color will probably be either green orred tinted if it works out with the rest of the figure.

Shoulder area:

Name:  Marcus 20170823-7.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  45.0 KB

In theshoulder area it will be the same as the cape for the areas with pattern, theshoulder pad will be metal of some sort and the part of the shoulder that donthave a pattern might be some sort of leather and then I need to make an areathat goes over to the threaded area of the pattern. Perhaps all of it isleather where parts have been overlaid with a pattern cloth to get a richerfeel into it. So might do the edges of the pattern area as leather.

Legs:

Name:  Marcus 20170823-3.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  52.8 KB

The kneepads and plates on outer side of leg will be metallic, dark copper color, thisis also true for most of the foot. Part of "shoe" is also leather.

The patternarea will be the same as other similar areas.

/K

Love the girlie with the shotgun
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

thanks Zab, I will be back to her soon. Have done some progress on the cape on Marcus. Second pic really big to see what I have done to achieve the result so far.

Name:  Marcus 20170823-11.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  39.7 KBName:  Marcus 20170823-13.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  193.3 KB

/K

Some more done on cape

Name:  Marcus 20170823-17.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  215.4 KB

Colours have worked brilliantly, very effective
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Colours have worked brilliantly, very effective
    agree. The purple tint in the gold is beautiful.

Thanks I really like the result on the cape, working on the front when I have time, not so much done lately since I am doing some reparations in the house and some relaxation painting on 2 GW giants. Phone pics below so perhaps not the best quality and probably very big

Name:  21361165_1628917450486109_1840499771_n.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  66.8 KB Name:  22155309_1630345837009937_929648328_n.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  61.3 KB

/K

Excellent skin tones on the giants. I like the cool shadows in his undersides.

Strong guts on these two too. Can't underestimate the value of a substantial gut

I agree fox a big belly is not to be underestimated. I am also kind of finished with the giants. and also almost finished the renovation of the room I am working on so soon more time to paint, hopefully after monte san savino. Here are some pics of giants in a more finished version.

Name:  22635113_1647397421971445_1576646622_n.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  92.8 KB

/K

nice one K they look good. I am looking forward to seeing dome more of Marcus his jacket is looking amazing!

Yep looking Great!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.