Kretcher WIP - Page 30
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Kretcher WIP

Nice looking gang of Tau, and really nice job on the MV-class demonette.

Thanks all

Update on painting coming this week. just one figure fastly painted just for fun, hafway ready now, working fulltime and around 2 hours of travling to and from work. so less time for hobby now.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretcher View Post
    /...around 2 hours of travling to and from work. so less time for hobby now. /K
    I wouldn't withstand that travelling time for a job.... hope you'll be ok! And wishing you a closer workplace xP
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Maenas not so difficult it is one hour to and one hour from work and I can read a book on the train for 40 min so it dont feel like wasted time. but ofcourse it is always nicer with a job closer too home.

Default Some practice on NMM technique

Home sick and taken some time this morning to practices doing some NMM, spent around 30 min on this shoulder to get a feel for it. will work more on it to make it better. Basically i am using stippling with some glazing. and going forward and back with those techniques too achieve this result.

Name:  NMM try 1.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  325.4 KBName:  NMM try 4.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  554.8 KB

Two pic of same shoulder, one under my painting light, and one in daylight with light coming from the left side.

/K.

Also done some work on Sevatar, worked mostly on base, but started to sketch out the blue on the figure and will go back to make it more even later on.

Name:  Forge 1.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  383.0 KB

/K

Small update, done for the day i think. Going to go back over the blue to make it darker in the future.

Name:  Forge 2.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  386.0 KB

Dude, the blue figure is awesome! Both the face and his armor. Keep it up bro this is an exciting, very well done piece so far...
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Base scratchbuilt, Kretcher? It looks really cool so far.

Nice work mate
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

SaintToad the base comes with he figure, it is a forgeworld figure.

/K
    Last edited by Kretcher; 09-27-2016 at 01:10 PM.

​Aha. You've done a nice job with the rust spots etc, though. Looking good!

Some updates, yes I have finally done some more on my froggy bust. Also some more on Sevatar.

Name:  savatar 3.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  336.8 KBName:  Froggy 4.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  327.3 KB

Owww looking good mate. Great blues on the armor. Is that some VMC Japanese uniform nmm I see there?

Thanks for comments, I have done some more on the forgeworld and frog is soon finished
    but I want too show something else, I have been testing to build and paint structures on fabrics on a figure, this is meant to be old leather. Big picture below to show the details.

If I do this again I will use less paint to build smaller structure from the begining, I feel they are a little big in some areas. in others it is just perfect.

Name:  Texturetest 3.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  665.6 KBName:  Texturetest 1.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  321.1 KB

Working on the last things on the frog before Monte next week, Yes it will finally be finished I have made some metal parts and shirt and shoulder pad is started. what i s left? some leather part should be redone, work more on metal parts and shoulder pad. also the googles need to be fixed.

Need a base also... I am confident that I will have something to present down in Italy.

Anyone else going? would be nice too meet up with someone from here.

Name:  Grodan 5.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  188.4 KBName:  Grodan 6.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  194.2 KB

/K

Hey Kretcher! That NMM practice looks really cool, almost like true metallic. Really interesting technique with some intriguing results. Would love to see some more tests.

Octavian I have done some more test with mixed results, but when I do find a nice way to achieve what I want I will post a short tutorial here. But first the frog and Monte san savino show, to meet a lot of wonderfull people (I hope) and drink and eat good food.

/K

Almost finished now, need to make the "base" and put a text on it and some small details around what is his "ears" and a little bit more work on the leather around the goggles. Then ready to go and enjoy Monte later this week.

Name:  Grodan 7.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  247.6 KBName:  Grodan 8.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  280.8 KBName:  Grodan 9.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  220.2 KB

/K

Back from Monte San Savino show feeling very happy I went there , meet with a lot of nice and wonderful people and also participated in the competition. I didn't place but still very fun. Will go again next year to meet up with new friends.

Will soon post final pictures of the frog and here is also a link to a figure I bought at Monte that I am looking forward to start painting. http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/11120

/K