Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Kretcher WIP

Thanks all Canny I will start up Marcus again after Monte san savino show. will not have time to finish him before that. dont want to stress it.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Newbie, please be gentle JesusRanchal's Avatar

The skin colour was also difficult but for another reason, due to small areas I get a problem to get it smooth and still be a bigger different in the strength of the skin tone. Also the skin colour seems a little more grainy and thicker and that changes the result also.
    We never dilute our paints enough! I would advice you to look for a thiner brush and make as many mixtures you can. The more steps you make highlighting, the best result you will obtain. Skins are always difficult, anyway; I can guarantee you painting faces is still my pending subject.

Just back from Monte San Savino show such a nice experience, there was a lot of nice people to meet and talk to eat good food drink good beer and wine and well there was also a lot of very nice looking miniatures around. In all of this I found myself leaving the show with a Silver medal in the standard painting category, unexpected but really really nice.

Name:  myentrys.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  910.7 KB

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Congrats on the silver Kretcher...looked amazing from the pics on Instagram etc.

Grats Kretcher, that looked like a tough comp.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

I really like the comparison between the old and young bust. The only thing that has escaped the ravages of time is her bustline. Not a single droopy boob in sight.