Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Kretcher WIP

Thanks all Canny I will start up Marcus again after Monte san savino show. will not have time to finish him before that. dont want to stress it.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Newbie, please be gentle JesusRanchal's Avatar

The skin colour was also difficult but for another reason, due to small areas I get a problem to get it smooth and still be a bigger different in the strength of the skin tone. Also the skin colour seems a little more grainy and thicker and that changes the result also.
    We never dilute our paints enough! I would advice you to look for a thiner brush and make as many mixtures you can. The more steps you make highlighting, the best result you will obtain. Skins are always difficult, anyway; I can guarantee you painting faces is still my pending subject.

Just back from Monte San Savino show such a nice experience, there was a lot of nice people to meet and talk to eat good food drink good beer and wine and well there was also a lot of very nice looking miniatures around. In all of this I found myself leaving the show with a Silver medal in the standard painting category, unexpected but really really nice.

Name:  myentrys.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  910.7 KB

/K

Congrats on the silver Kretcher...looked amazing from the pics on Instagram etc.

Grats Kretcher, that looked like a tough comp.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

I really like the comparison between the old and young bust. The only thing that has escaped the ravages of time is her bustline. Not a single droopy boob in sight.

very long time since i had an update here, will shaer current wip pictures for my shadespire orcs that I hope to be finished within 2 weeks for some upcoming gaming.
    Name:  32720246_1861912133853305_2861231578221117440_n.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  265.9 KB

Default lol got to love thoose phone pics and the size of them.

Wow that became big, well now you can see all the faults in my painting of gaming pieces... lucky me they are a lot smaller in reality and you dont see it on a distance while playing

Watcha Kretcher glad to see you on the forums again. Good to see you are still painting.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Missed you sir
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Welcome back, mate!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Welcome back to the time warp that is painting

The orcs are looking great! And I think you've solved one of the biggest issues with those crappy orc bases. Looking forward to seeing them finished.
    pax et bonum

Very nice looking orcs!!! Great to see these a little different from the norm...

They still look great you know, loving your take on them

Thanks all and nice to see that some of you still remember me Will post some more here again and also try to see all new threads that have been started by people.

/K

The armour on those Orcs looks really interesting. Love it.