Kretcher WIP - Page 48
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Kretcher WIP

So going back to finish a very old projekt taht I started on Page 37 on this thread 2017 http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...her-WIP/page37

I have fixed a bit more on the cloak both on the backside and the front. Needs some more work on the front side. Also defined belts and trousers a bit more and NMM areas on the front (knees).

Next step is to fix lower parts of legs, need to keep them dark so the focus stays on the top of the figure, also to fix the face and some of the skin a bit more and make it a bit nicer in the transition areas. Face needs to more work the other skinareas.

Name:  Front small pic.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  641.9 KBName:  Side  small pic.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  614.0 KBName:  Back  small pic.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  965.6 KB

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

This looks superb man. Love the skin colors and the different cloth/leather textures on the cloak are fantastic.

Thanks Gorb

I have done more work on Markus but not enough for a new picture. Have also started Lucas Pina Dwarf bust, I am making an experiment with it and just painting with values and not caring so much which color I am using. Here is a first sneeak peak on the gem that he holds in his hand.

Name:  120611406_391495255572364_7871096242986079752_n.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  285.1 KB

/K

Great work so far on Marcus, great tones and overall mood , very nice painting
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blog Entries

I like what I see so far on the dwarf. I have that one, too.

SaintToad have fun painting the dwarf really like it alot.

/K

Since I will take some more time and try new things I will more of a WIP thread from the Lucas Pinas dwarf that I am working on.

So far most of the things are looking like a scetch, part of this is due to that the first basecoat for some reason made the color not stick to the mini, it is getting better the more layers I do put down so I think it will solve itself.

It might aslo be that I am trying out new colors for me. Acryliic gouche from holbein, a very matt color. I am getting used to the consistancy and behaviour of the paint but still some things to learn on how it works.

Below are some progress step. Will start with the stone. My vision is in this fantasy setting that the stones have a kind of internal glow and should be a lightt source. Not to stronge thou but shall give a bit of osl light from them. Below is a closeup of the stone and the work made so far. I would call it almost donee but some glazing ont lower parts might still be done to make it a bit smoother in that area.

I am basing the color on a darker green color and use blu color to shade it and give it somemore deapth.I dont use it everywhere but just in selected places. I also use white to add higlights.

Name:  Stone closeup.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  423.8 KB

Beard -I want to paint in and try to make it look more alive. Normaly I do paint hair more like NMM and have blocks of lighter and darker areas. I will do something similar here but will also paint in hair as a "freehand". I will try to build up this area with many small thin strokes of the brush and different values and multiple layers with some glaszing inbetween if needed to try and realise the picture I have in my mind.

Also some information about the general thought´s around the figure as a whole. There will be a light source from above that shold shine down from the top right side of the figure, It might be that it will be a beem entering into a cave where the dwarf are or perhaps take the form of a more general light from that area that will affect the whole figure. Also lightsources from the gems and the candles on the figure will be done.

I am still a bit undecided on cloathes on the figure and therfore started out with the face. I am working with values here and trying not to care if I use Green Purple or whatever color on the skin, the most important is to get the values right. This is kind of an experiment to see if it will look good anyways.

The right side will be more in shadows so that the candlight can have more of a role in that area.

Below is a picture where I have started out the beard and have some few layers painted in for the hair on beard.

Name:  Beard 1 start.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  930.7 KB

/K

I feel a strong vibe of Roman Lappat's style on this mini. Looks awesome!

Painting with gouache should be intersting indeed. Do you add some layers of varnish after each session to protect the paint?

The detail work on that stone is amazing! Great work, and I love the variation in colors on the dwarf to enhance the light source and shadow.

Dexter it is a acrylic goiuche so it seals itself. It is more acrylic when guache. but still do not fully beahve as an acrylic hard to explain it kind of more floating, very matt colors.

/K

Lovely start on the Dwarf. Interesting using acrylic gauche paints. I actually bought a bottle of that by mistake but was afraid to use it since I don't know its properties. May have to play with it

I love the style you have going here. Some excellent work on the gems, going to be great to see where you take it!

Dwarf is looking great so far. I wish I had that one in my stash. Alas, I don’t check my emails often enough to grab much of his stuff in the 48hrs or so many seem to be available.