Space Hulk: Deathwing style!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space Hulk: Deathwing style!

Default Space Hulk: Deathwing style!

I have decided that I am going to expand my Dark Vengeance Terminator Space Hulk project to encompass 12 models in total.
    I am going to make Deathwing equivalents to each of the Blood Angels that came in the Space Hulk board game. As such, I will be converting/magnatizing the DV Assault Cannon model to carry a Heavy Flamer.

I am thinking that a Terminator version of Ezekiel is going to be the centre piece of this force.
    Not sure if I will give him his classic two handed sword pose, or try something more dynamic like the second pic below:

I am thinking that I will use the following components and approaches:

- Terminator legs,
    - GK Terminator torso, and arms.
    - I will model a hooded head to look the same as the power armoured model.
    - Sculpt Robes onto him.
    - Use GK Terminator sword, sculpt "swirls" and drill side indentations to represent Traitor's Baine.
    - Re-sculpt the GK chapter symbol on his left shoulder to match the banner from the Power armoured model.
    - Model keys and books onto him.

I am thinking that I will leave the DV Terminator sergeant as is, because it is a nicely posed model. One thing I was hoping to get some feedback on is how to have Belial represented in the force?
    Should he be represented as a Thunder hammer stormshield model, or lightening claws? Thoughts? .

So I have started by "de-twinning" the two vanilla terminators.
    I have done the following:

- Removed the knee skull from one model
    - Added studs and a purity seal to ones leg armour
    - Given one a buckler shield and the other a purity seal on their shoulder
    - Repositioned the storm bolter arm of one

Do you guys think that they are different enough? If not, do you have any other suggestions?

This is great!

Imho i think that you should take the studs off the term on the right. Or you could turn the studs on the left ones arm to match his leg. Also I would try to put something on that bare knee, like a DA symbol or a crux terminatus symbol.

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Thank you for the feedback Moe!

I will take your advive and swap out the studs on the left Terminator's fist to match the ones on his leg. I like the studs a lot so I think I will leave them on the right Terminator's fist.

My plan is to paint personal coat of arms onto each Terminator in a similar fasion to the Blood Angel Terminators from Space Hulk. As such the right Terminator's knee is going to have his coat of arms on it.

I am in the middle of magnatizing the Heavy flamer onto the Assault Cannon Terminator right now! I am very excited and the conversion is going to plan so far! I will post pics in a day or two, along with the re-studding of the left Terminator's powerfist.

HAHA awesome!

Consider your very quick and simple ideas about how to easily differentiate two identically posed Deathwing miniatures Stolen!

Steal away RayzrYR! I think that I did the same

Here is some more progress:

I took Moetle's advice and made the fist studs match the leg's studs

Next up is my Space Wolf Heavy Flamer conversion. It is magnatized so that I can switch between it and the Assault Cannon. Still needs a little tidying up, but I am pretty happy with it. I decided to keep the original ring of claws on the flamer because I am saying that they will represent 'Stealer trophies

Next up is some magnatized Space Hulk Bases!

looking good so far!

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Here is my first Space Hulk base. I am thinking that I will be magnatizing it.

I have started work on the second base. I am using the Space Hulk board pieces as inspiration, my goal is to have the bases go unnoticed during play.

I will post pics of the second base in a day or so.

Here is the second base. I have also included pics with DWTs on them to show how they will look during game play.

I am thinking about adding extra 'bobins' like the spent storm bolter casings from the Dark Vengeance kit and/or 'Stealer skulls... Thoughts?

Here is the latest addition:

This base was easier to make but I believe that it has more character

So... I have completed another base and will post pics soon, I am also half way through making a "broken" base that will look as though the floor tile is cracked and collapsing

I am getting really close to painting time now! As such I am hunting for painting tutorials. Can any of you point me in the direction of good Deathwing painting tutorials, and/or offer any advice of your own?

I am very fond of this tutorial: http://fromthewarp.blogspot.ca/2011/...ne-armour.html
    Have any of you tried it?

It's time once again to appease the non-stop requests for updates and give the masses what they want! LOL! :P
    Here is the latest Space Hulk base:

Heya Grimm,

looking good, the bases match very well with the board.
    I had a look at that painting guide, it gives excellent results. If I didn't already have my own method I'd probably use that style, but I might take a few tips from it...
    Keep going!

Looking great so far, Grimm. The heavy flamer conversion looks great, I may have to 'borrow' that idea.
    Awesomepaintjob have got a good tutorial for painting deathwing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyrDWHYLGjo There's 2 parts to it and the results look great. Buypainted have done a nice one too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAGHbZ8pqg

Quote Originally Posted by flotsamandjetsam View Post
    Looking great so far, Grimm. The heavy flamer conversion looks great, I may have to 'borrow' that idea.
    Awesomepaintjob have got a good tutorial for painting deathwing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyrDWHYLGjo There's 2 parts to it and the results look great. Buypainted have done a nice one too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAGHbZ8pqg
    Thank you for the information and links. I will definitely be checking them out

Here is the last base for the DW squad finished:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm Blade View Post
    I am thinking that a Terminator version of Ezekiel is going to be the centre piece of this force.
    I've been considering doing the same thing, and I've been looking at this mini from Scibor as my TermEzekial (plus I'd have to put some extra bits on him to make him a librarian, also I would replace the shield with a large book, possibly open).

However, I'm not totally in love with his face -- I'd prefer to just sculpt up a new face mask, ala the metal Ezekial mini, but Anvil Industry makes some excellent hooded heads, and the one with the Skeletor mask, here, would work great.

Edit (Dec. 5):
    Another option for a terminator-armored librarian is Hi-Tech miniatures, if you're okay with big-ass wings on your HQs (that won't fit in a Space Hulk). Archdiacre Michael works as is, and the Archdiacre Sariel Standard Bearer works great with an arm and sword from Archdeacon Raphael (This is my conversion for Belial, using the Standard Bearer and Raphael's arm.)

Name:  95e835803c4211e299af22000a9e29bc_7.jpg
Views: 1953
Size:  77.7 KB
    Last edited by Matney X; 12-05-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Updated with more links

It may actually be getting close to the end of the world this week!
    I have actually put paint to plastic!!!!

Love this project and your conversion skills are awesome. You make some great choices. Can't wait to see it all finished.

This has a big dash of awesome sauce

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland