Add butter, garlic and about a TON of coal.

Thread: Add butter, garlic and about a TON of coal.

Default Add butter, garlic and about a TON of coal.

This is a steam powered snail that I sculped and painted for Armorcast. The snail itself is about 3 inches 7.5cm and about 4 inches 10cm long. Waited about 4 years to do this post. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It should be available soon -
    http://armorcast.com/store/product_i...b68028ce5aaca7

Name:  img509f327fb4987.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  824.8 KB
    Last edited by Shawn R. L.; 11-19-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Surrealism: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

That is the best mechanical snail I have ever seen.

hmmn. That doesnt quite convey my opinion. What I mean is: That's a really nice model. Excellent atmosphere, both in sculpt and paint job. Nice moody photography, too, by the way
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

You can see the dedication all over the mini, super work
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Took your time Shawn! Is that longer than it took you to do the dragon? I like it
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

nicely done sir!
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Took your time Shawn! Is that longer than it took you to do the dragon? I like it

I worked on it very off and on.......much more off than on. It was a HUGE undertaking and I think it took longer than the dragon just because of my inconsistancy. I REALLY took my time painting, lighting and photographing it. I'm really really happy with how it came out. It's one of the few things I've done that came out almost exactly how I envisioned it.

There's a bunch more fun stuff I've done for Armorcast that I hope to post soon.
    Last edited by Shawn R. L.; 11-11-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    Surrealism: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

I am not into Steampunk but this guy is freakin' great. Love the little controls he's using. I can just imagine the clanking noise with the hiss of the steam. Wonderful.

That's a beautiful model, and a fun concept.

Looks really cool. Very nice work sir!

Follow Infamy Miniatures on facebook and twitter

So want this.

I really am glad you all like this piece. I remember so clearly the day when it just popped into my mind. The model is about 100% what had imagined. It hit me like a ton of bricks "oh, holy-smokers is that COOL." I knew as I was sculpting that I'd never even come close to the value of the time I put in..............That was just fine. The idea of it and the picture in my mind were more than enough to keep me going. Thru, probably, one of the longest and most detailed pieces I've ever done. Finally............finally to see it complete and people where getting the same bang as I got, is very satisfying................
    Last edited by Shawn R. L.; 11-17-2012 at 04:22 AM.

The Steam Snail is now ready to purchase.
    http://armorcast.com/store/product_i...b68028ce5aaca7