Kingdom Death Kickstarter! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kingdom Death Kickstarter!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    To be honest I think 90+% of the backers including me are in for the beautifully sculpted and the game itself is an extra, that we may or may not use.
    If you look at the KS minis (armor versions): while some do have the chainmail-bikini effect, but most are clothed pretty 'normally'.

but I still find that better than the accepted: blood and gore and genocide that other games have

first gameplay video is up, doesn't look like that. Actually looks quite interesting. More of an RPG/Settlement management, than a skirmish game or a board game. Quite unique.
    I agree, a lot.

I find the Kingdom: Death monsters, even the ones with strong sexual overtones, to be less offensive overall than the standard run of violent and gory monsters meant only to be slaughtered.

In my opinion, a giant set of male genitals with rows and rows of breasts is a more interesting monster than a horde of shrieking football hooligan orcs on spiky motorcycles waving guns and knives, and a psychological game of subtle horror and cooperation is a more interesting game to me than a bloody mow-them-down killfest.

YMMV, of course.
    Last edited by Pygmalion; 12-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Some of the stretch goal are sounding kinda ripoff-ish. Here are nice base inserts, but not enough for all the models in the box, you mut buy the rest. Small expansions, like thhe flower knight costs more money as do all the really interesting single models, like the phoenix dancer and behind the wall girl.

I can understand the dragon costing abit more....but the other stuff??

It also rubs me the wrong way that i have to pledge at the survivor level to get the box addons, that will make the game 200$ for us europeans, and that is simply asking for the shirt off my back aswell. Especially when held up against Relic knights, Sedition wars and Reaper Bones.

Ill just pledge the minimum amount and get the handfull of models that i like.

And i also think the game looks really boring to play. With such a huge amount of amazing board games out there, the market is just too crowded to pay that much for such a unproven gamedeigners game.

For that amount of money i can get 3-4 great games, that will entertain me and my gaming group for months and years to come.
    Last edited by marjedi; 12-04-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Mar - the Flower Knight would cost $30 for the mini itself on his site currently, assuming it was even in stock. So with the KS you get it for half price, PLUS the rules to use it. Beyond the wall was available as a limited run, and if IIRC it was also more than the current KS price. Granted, both the limited runs were resin instead of plastic, but the pricing doesn't seem out there compared to his normal stuff. Add in some very valid points about the capabilities of small companies (adam IS KS) vs large companies (Reaper was already established before they won the lotto) made by Funnymouth here , and I can see why he's doing it the way he is.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

True, but the models going into the boxes are plastic. And from the looks of it from the pictures on the kickstarter page, not of the best quality.

But enjoy it, the ones who are getting it. Hope it will live up to your expectations of it.

Ill just pick up the 3 models i like, if the shipping isnt insanely high that is, and leave it at that.

200$ is just too much money for it, in my wiev.

After watching the gameplay video he posted, I'm even surer of my backing. The minis alone are worth the price of entry, but this game that's been developed around them is very intriguing.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    After watching the gameplay video he posted, I'm even surer of my backing. The minis alone are worth the price of entry, but this game that's been developed around them is very intriguing.
    Just looks like a rpg lite game. Allready have several rpg campaigns going, so no need for more of that stuff.

And 2 of thso campaigns have kingdom building and pirating in them.

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    It also rubs me the wrong way that i have to pledge at the survivor level to get the box addons, that will make the game 200$ for us europeans, and that is simply asking for the shirt off my back aswell. Especially when held up against Relic knights, Sedition wars and Reaper Bones.
    I keep coming back to if I want to do this or not. $200 is a lot but you also get a lot of miniatures that are really quite nice - it works out to around £124, however the facts that almost 25% of that is postage, the delivery is a year away and I've now got a £650 boiler repair needed is pushing this towards one of those "ones that got away".

I made the mistake in previous kickstarters of pledging early for the main product and then getting sucked into gradually upping my pledge for various extras until I had spent way more than I would have originally. When it's only $10 or $15 more for this cool extra it's so easy to justify to myself. All of a sudden I look at the total amount I've pledged and think, why in the world did I spend that much! So, hopefully learning from my mistakes, I'm waiting to join this kickstarter until it's closer to the end. Then I can decide if I just want to pledge a little to pick up a few select figures or really take the plunge and get the full game. I'm also waiting to see the 2nd game play video... might help make my decision one way or the other. I'm sure I'll still end up spending way more than I should.

For those who need international shipping, that extra cost does count towards you qualifying as a Herald of Death. It's a small consolation... but at least its something.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneBrush View Post
    I keep coming back to if I want to do this or not. $200 is a lot but you also get a lot of miniatures that are really quite nice - it works out to around £124, however the facts that almost 25% of that is postage, the delivery is a year away and I've now got a £650 boiler repair needed is pushing this towards one of those "ones that got away".
    The minis that are in the box arent that amazing i think, and they will be cast in pvc, that has me abit worried about detail and "feel".

and if i want the really awesome minis, they are 25$ each +. That pushes it into the "no thank you, ill keep my kidney".

the game will retail, atm, for 115$. Which is alot. Right in the big box FFG game zone, a bad place to be i think.

The miniatures that KD cast in PVC are great quality. I painted a resin wet nurse and I have a PVC version waiting to be painted and no detail was lost in the PVC version of it. The quality is just as good. Buy what you like.

I have :-)

A selection of extremely nice Freebooter miniatures.

The Kickstarter pledges have passed the $1,000,000 mark. I think that may make this one of, or the, highest-ranked board games on Kickstarter.

There are 3 more pledging days.

Anyone who wants only some minis, not the whole game, can pledge $11 and then for any mini or expansion they would like.