Kingdom Death Kickstarter!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Death Kickstarter!

Newbie, please be gentle Ghiest1's Avatar

Exclamation Kingdom Death Kickstarter!

Hello,
    Kingdom Death has their new kickstarter out. Here is the link! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-death-monster He has surpassed 100k in 12 hours.

its amazing when I joined up it was on $70k went to bed it was on $85k wake up this morning to $149k and as I type this they have reached $154,733

Amazing truly one of the fastest KS projects I have seen..

LGW

Recession? What recession?!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

It's KD. People go nuts for KD. I'd be all over this if the timing was better.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

I don't game myself but was very much tempted to pick up one of the Black Friday Specials (they've now all gone). Sadly I would have anybody willing to play the game with me, but it would also drive me nuts waiting a year to get my hands on the thing impatient)! I do love the vision and the miniature range to date. Adams done a great job and I'll certainly be picking up more KD resins in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

I just promised myself I would stop spending so much on mini's.. then I saw this kickstarter... Now I'm all :

Shuttup and take my money!

*SIGH*
    Last edited by Zilo; 11-23-2012 at 05:53 PM.

@moonmin82 its 1-6 players so SOLO Time

LGW

never really liked KD. but the trailer for this is awesome. seems like a really classic dungeonbasher with a good theme!

ps. i´m even liking the monsters:O
    Last edited by ischa; 11-23-2012 at 06:07 PM.

According to kicktraq, if it would proceed at it's current rate all to the deadline it would get to 11834% of its goal! Which is about 4.1 million. Yeah, crazy. Not going to happen but this kickstarter is going to hit at least 300k I believe (probably more, 500k? 1m?). I mean, The Bones Kickstarter by Reaper got well over 3 million. Miniature kickstarters tend to do fairly well, because of the clear reward/payoff and the shorter development time compared to video games. So less of a wait for the reward as well.

Fairly well presented kickstarter as well. I really love the stuff they're putting in it. It sucks to have no money for it.

But I think this kickstarter will boost Kingdom Death to the next level. I wonder though, is the game any good? Or are they only really selling because the miniatures are so pretty?

Adam's been opening up Black Friday Specials for the whole day. The survivor level has a few still left. Get in on it fast if you're on the fence.

My wallet is thankful that my mini-twitchy part of my brain is still in turkey-coma and didn't activate. Happy for those of you excited about it, tho.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Can't really get too exited. Seems an awfull amount of money spent on a game I know nothing about, and on minis I think are semi bad.

So I'll pass.

Oh and the models I do like, are minis you have to pay Xtra for..... God that Phoenix Dancer is pretty.
    Last edited by marjedi; 11-24-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Might have to see how funds are after I've bought Christmas presents - I actually quite like the look of the game & models, though $145 is quite a bit for a single game, even with all the mini's. Marjedi, I agree that mini is really nice - would be nice have some of the other mini's added rather than duplicates of ones already in the box.

Yeah the price is the main reason i am not backing this, the 45$ international shipping is just too much. And i dont think there is enough plastic in the box for it too be worth it. If he had added the "extras" minis as bonusses to the box instead of them costing 15-25$ more each' which is also abit much i think, then i would back it.

The value is adding in as it goes on.
    The basic box set has been expanded up to 39 minis now - 32 Humans in various armours, and 7 monsters, of which three have had previous production at KD (Kings Men, Kings Hand, and Butcher, the resin versions of these monsters (if you can get them) would set you back $75. The other four are new- three beasts (one of which is a 6" tall Phoenix with a 10" wingspan) and a Wraith

But ATM the real value is at the Survivor level $155, you're also getting another 8 humans in armour, 3 special character Humans, a Second Phoenix and Wraith and five more Kingsmen. Plus all the rules, cards and scenarios to go with and a t-shirt. A T-SHIRT

ok, sales pitch over. I'm into it, in case you didn't get it.

oh also, like, no boobs in the entire set yet, not nekkid ines anyway.

Add in 45!!!$ for international shipping and the value is soso.

But it is long kickstarter, maybe if the value adds up to enough come january il be in.

And the fact the delivery isnt untill november 2013, coupled with the fact that he has trouble keeping even his regular releases available for purchase has me abit aprehensive.
    Last edited by marjedi; 11-26-2012 at 06:12 AM.

@ marjedi: I was planning on getting some extra Phoenix Dancers anyway. Did you want me to send you one?

Very nice of you...but ill see how it turns out.

Might just pledge the minimum amount and then add the extras i really want.

I want in on this - but I guess I'll just get the game when it comes out. Too much money tied up in Kickstarters already, and now I have a really expensive dinner to save for.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Add in 45!!!$ for international shipping and the value is soso.
    Not much to do about that. Even the zombicide box had a shipping cost of over $50 (so CMON effectively lost money on that), so even @ $45 it costs KD more to ship it to you than you pay.
    And Adam looks conservative with costs and time, so $45 is not to loose much money and the shipping (2013 Nov) is to prevent extra delays (so a worst-case scenario).
    -------

As for not knowing anything about the game... well it's KD, so I'd buy it for the minis only and if the game is good (looks that way from the video/comments/interview) it's an extra.
    For now it looks like it could cost me more, than the RelicKnight KS, which is a LOT.
    But I simply can't resist all those resin minis. The only one I'll pass so far is the resin phoenix (and likely the resin dragon).