New KS Miniatures - Terathan Pewter and Resin Miniatures looking for input :)

Thread: New KS Miniatures - Terathan Pewter and Resin Miniatures looking for input :)

Default New KS Miniatures - Terathan Pewter and Resin Miniatures looking for input :)

Hello Cool Mini Or Not ** Hope my mini's are cool **

I was referred to this forums by a backer of mine on KickStarter, who recommended coming here for suggestions and critique on my KickStarter program. Right now there are 5 miniatures completed, which were sent off for casting in Lead Free Pewter and resin. Also in the works, 1 additional Miniature, which I will give details on below. If you have any ideas or suggestions, PLEASE let me know as I want to make this the best KickStarter project it can be. Here is the link to the KickStarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nd-plastic-min

As you can see by my project the following miniatures are already complete:

The next miniature, that is in the sculpting phase, is going to be nothing short of huge and amazing. Here is the teaser on it

TEASER TIME

Only a small teaser, but want to get our backers drooling on the next miniature being sculpted for Terathan.

The miniature is based on our concept drawing of Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn:

This miniature is going to be a multi-part decaying rotting dragon, posted on a ruins of a castle, and a separate Necromancer miniature controlling the Dragon's wraith. This miniature will stand approximately 120mm in height, staying with sizing of our daemons vs hereos vs dragons.

Here are your TEASER pictures, Enjoy

QUICK MINIATURE SCULPTING LAYOUT:

Now the starting of Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn's highly detailed decaying head:

Lots more coming soon

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for the great response in trying to steer me in the right direction with my kickstarter campaign and future of this game,

Stephen Culotta
    Last edited by ebizcraftsman; 12-02-2012 at 10:38 PM.

http://www.kickstart...and-plastic-min
    Terathan Miniatures on KICKSTARTER

OK its official.... Offering custom miniatures on my Kickstarter ..

New Reward Level -
    $400.00 - CREATE YOUR OWN CUSTOM MINIATURE!

Every wanted to have your own custom miniature made? Every wanted to be part of a new unique fantasy miniature game, well here is your chance. With a pledge to this reward level, we will take your idea and make it into your very own 28mm reality. This miniature will be an addition to the Terathan Fantasy game as well as you can use it for your own armies for other 28mm games.
    Your imagination is the limit when it comes to this miniature, you can choose to have a monster or hero, choose is 100% yours. So what do you get for this price:
    1 - Concept pencil art of your Miniature
    2 - Miniature sculpting completed and after approval, your miniature cast in Lead Free Pewter.
    3 - You will also receive 5 copies of your miniature sent to you. *All future copies will be available at a reasonable cost, which will be determined after the miniature is cast and the metal required is determined.
    4 - Your custom miniature will come complete with its own Terathan Fantasy Trading card unique to the game, and might even be used for a whole new race for the game itself.
    5 - Bestiary Write up including history and evolution of your custom character.
    6 - Designer credit given to you, on your contributions to the game.
    This is a perfect for anyone looking to get their own custom miniature made for any of their 28mm games. The price is an extraordinary good deal and this is one reward you should not pass on
    EXAMPLE :
    CONCEPT DRAWING-

Final Sculpted Miniature -

BESTIARY EXAMPLE WRITE UP:
    “The tale of the Merenthi—that once-noble race, led by its female warriors of unparalleled strength and viciousness—is now told as a warning to all those children who show too much pride or a ruthlessness. And while there are many versions and increasingly complex details on how their fall came about, the basic lesson remains the same: Never make deals with demons.”
    Monster Name: Felmere Monster
    Description: A member of a demonically empowered race of female warriors who excel in ranged attacks and ambushes, thanks to their wings. Felmere are the remnants of a once-powerful kingdom that saved itself from destruction by allying with demonic forces—at the cost of any sanity or humanity they once possessed. Now driven forward by their demon lords, these winged horrors’ only purpose is to spread chaos and destruction. While they hold to some semblance of military rank and order, in battle, they quickly devolve into deadly mayhem, and can often slaughter one another simply for the pure joy of death and bloodshed.
    Monster Evolution: The Felmere come from a human race known as the Merenthi, known for their maiden warriors who were relentless in battle. As the Merenthi grew in power, so did their pride and desire to conquer new lands—until they encountered another kingdom as equally ferocious and determined to rule as they. Despite many bloody battles, the Merenthi were slowly driven back into the heart of their own country.
    Facing defeat and desperate to reclaim their dwindling glory, the leader of the Felmere made a secret pact with a powerful demonic coven, trading the souls of her people in exchange for guaranteed victory over their foes. The Merenthi were infused with demonic energy, growing horns, wings, and hooves, as well as enhanced fighting prowess and an endless bloodlust. These new Felmere wiped out the opposing army in a nightmarish final battle—but in the end, lost their mind and souls to the demonic forces that now consume them all.
    Special Abilities:
    • Fel Arrow – A shot from the Felmere bow hits true, striking for [X] initial damage and causing a bleeding wound on the target for the next two turns.
    • War Shriek - The Felmere cries out to its demon lord, empowering its next strike with +1 blood damage.
    • Blood Frenzy – The Felmere scents blood of wounded prey, and is able to strike twice in its next turn.
    • Horrify – The Felmere displays the trophies of its past victims, reducing the resolve of any targets within 10 meters.
    Thanks KickStarter and happy pledging
    Stephen Culotta
    P.S. - As promised more teaser pictures of upcoming dragon, mentioned in the previous update:

*** Hope this dragon is coming out to all your specs and expectations. Any feedback, good or bad, PLEASE let me know as the miniature progresses. Want to make any needed changes as its being sculpted. **

Thanks everyone
    Stephen Culotta

WE MADE OUR GOAL!!!!

All I can say is we some happy folks over here .. Working on next update, offering painted minis and more updates on the Massive 120mm Dragon being sculpted.

** Side note, the miniature molds for casting are being made as I type this message, so look for an update soon on its status.

Thanks everyone for their input and support,
    Stephen Culotta

PAINTED MINIATURES NOW OFFERED

Now that we are fully funded, times to start offering some additional reward levels to spice things up. Read below for Update #4:

http://www.kickstart...in/posts/364196

We want to THANK everyone at KickStarter for supporting our miniatures and as of today, WE ARE 100% FUNDED!! I can say there is nothing but huge smiles and jumping for joy around here. Best part is there are still 11 days left and some really cool Stretch Goal miniatures awaiting some love As a celebration for this milestone of 100% funded, we are now offering 2 new reward levels for your miniatures.
    First will be 1 Pewter miniature of your choice, professionally painted, and delivered to you for $50.00. The painting work that will be done on these miniatures will be nothing short of spectacular. Lots of time and effort will be given to each miniature and the detail will blow your mind.

The second reward will be ALL 5 current miniatures in Pewter, AND the newest http://www.kickstart...in/posts/355289 , professionally painted and shipped to you for the low price of $275.00. That’s SIX miniatures fully painted to the highest of detail

*** Due to the amount of time it takes to paint a single miniature, I am going to limit this reward to 6 sets, in order to offer shipment in the month of January *** Also international backers will have additional shipping, Sorry costs a lot to mail outside the US. Now examples of painting work for your enjoyment:

Now examples of painting works for your enjoyment:

SEE FULL SIZE IMAGE FOR LOTS OF DETAIL HERE:

http://www.terathan....ple-1-large.JPG <-- CLICK HERE, you won't be sorry

SEE FULL SIZE IMAGE FOR LOTS OF DETAIL HERE:

http://www.terathan....ple-2-large.JPG

This is just a small example of the painting detail that will go into these miniatures.

Thanks again and looking forward to seeing if we can hit those stretch goals for more insane miniature sculpting,

Stephen Cultota

UPDATE #5 - TEASER PICS OF Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn -

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...n/posts/364998

Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn:

Ohh this miniature is coming out AMAZING. Look closely at the detail of the torso, where you can see areas where the scales have rotted away, revealing the flesh and internal organs beneath.

BROKEN RIBS - EXPOSED ORGANS - SCALES MISSING

Can't wait to see this miniature painted. Once painted a hobbyist can appreciate the depth and detail as the look of the dragon being "Eviscerated" comes to life
    NOW the below pic is a ROUGH idea of how the neck and the Torso will connect, ITS NOT FINISHED.. So don't look at the joint as final.. Just giving you an idea of the size and look of this miniature

Thanks everyone for their support. Please help us reach our Stretch goals so that more miniatures can be sculpted and brought to you, our fans..

** PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR IDEAS OF HOW YOU WANT THIS MINIATURE TO COME OUT.. We are looking for input as the sculpting progresses **

Thanks,
    Stephen Culotta

*** WE ARE SO CLOSE TO OUR STRETCH GOAL OF $1,250.00, that we are going to offer the "Living Forge" miniature as a PAID add on to all pledge levels, EXCEPT the Warriors Edge Combo, which will be included FREE! ***
    Terathan would like to introduce to you the "Living Forge":

To get this miniature cast in Lead Free Pewter, simple add $15.00 to your pledge amount. This will be another fairly large miniature and will be highly detailed like the rest. Increase your pledge now to take advantage of this miniature.
    *** This miniature will be a FREE add on for the Warriors Edge Combo Reward Level, and will the Warriors Edge Combo, it will also include the Terathan "Living Forge" Playing Card, and the bestiary write up ** No need to do anything if you already pledged at the $75.00 level, it will be included.
    PLEASE let me know if you have any ideas for this miniature and others that will be sculpted.
    Thanks again for all your support,
    Stephen Culotta

Hey

Well its only 6 days left.. I honestly thought there would be a lot more interest, but I did make my goal and about to hit the first Stretch Goal.. Its so hard these days for the little guy to jump ahead, but the support so far has been something that just keeps telling us to PUSH FORWARD and make the best miniatures and game humanly possible. I hope that this baby step will be the first in MANY steps into bringing a large following of fans and interest in Terathan We are proceeding forward with start on the "Living Forge", because it's just to close to not allow backers access this this beautiful unique miniature. This miniature will be free for some backers and a simple $15.00 pledge for others, but here is the concept art:

This miniature will be sculpted to the finest of detail and its unique look will stand out among the rest. PLEASE if you have any input on how you want this miniature to come out, or other ideas for a miniature, PLEASE let us know ..

As for the dragon, a quick teaser pic of its sculpting in process. Now this is still a rough in the works image, so input your suggestions now. This miniature features A LOT of decay, exposed internal organs, Exposed bone, missing scales, rot, etc.. Once its painted, you will appreciate the concept we are going for. Imagine a 100 years of slow rot and decay, and that's what this dragon will represent.. The detail put into this miniature will be mind blowing! Here is your promised teaser:

thanks and any ideas for current miniatures or miniatures in process, PLEASE let us know.
    Stephen Culotta

First of all I want to thank everyone for their overwhelming support on our project. All the input has helped shaped the future for this game and its miniatures. With 3 days left, we are working hard on finishing the Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn dragon miniature and will start sculpting the "Living Forge" as soon as its completed.

As stated in the previous update, we are just to close to the first stretch goal not to offer the "Living Forge" Miniature as a paid upgrade to all levels, except the "Warriors Edge", which it will be free. If anyone has any input on how you want this miniature to come out, please let us know. We want this one to come out PERFECT

As for the "Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn" dragon, its well on its way to completion. The below picture is just a quick put together of the completed sections of the miniature. This miniature will include a Necromancer miniature, that will have 2 poses - one Riding the dragon and the other standing on the base controlling the dragons wraith. The wings are being sculpted as bony decays LARGE scale wings, which will increase the model size substantially. The tail is currently being sculpted and once its all together, I assure you it will be amazing. If you look at the detail, you can see how some parts of the dragon are scaly which other parts are just rotted away. Exposed flesh, organs, broken jagged ribs, and a flesh ridden arm, gives the appearance of 100's of years of slow painful rot and decay. Once this miniature is painted, the look and feel of the details put into this miniature will come out.
    Well enough rambling, here is your teaser picture:

http://www.kickstart...in/posts/369357

PLEASE if you have any ideas or suggestions, both good and bad, let us know. With your input, this miniature can be made into what YOU all want.

Thanks again so much,
    Stephen Culotta

First of all we want to wish everyone a Happy Holidays and another THANK YOU from the Terathan team for helping making this project a success.

The miniatures were sent to the Caster 12 days ago and we are waiting to get the metal masters in our hands for approval. Once this is complete and we give the go ahead, the miniatures will be cast and ready for distribution to our kickstarter backers. Also the "Living Forge" stretch goal miniature concept is being worked on as we speak. As soon as we can, pictures will be sent to backerss for critique, as the miniature is being sculpted. We want your opinion as it progresses, so that this miniature will come out PERFECT and make all of you drool We will soon be offering a paypal link for those who missed the chance to upgrade their pledge and receive the "Living Forge " and for those who wish to purchase these miniatures outside KickStarter.

As for Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn, this miniature is moving along very nicely and alot of the sculpting is complete. Right now the wings are being sculpted and the tail and base are receiving the finishing touches. Once this is complete, work will begin on the multiple pose of the Necromancer, who will be controlling this dragon. One pose will be the Necromancer standing off to the side controlling the dragons destructive rage, and the other will be the Necromancer mounted on the dragon, riding him to victory. Below are more teasers of this miniature in progress..

ONCE AGAIN PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE LET US KNOW. We want to be able to modify to your liking as its being sculpted

As mentioned in previous updates, you can see the extreme amount detail that is going into this miniature. Lots of places where the dragon's scales have rotten away exposed internal muscle, organs, and bones. The sheer ferocity of this dragon comes from centuries of slow rot and painful decay.

Once this dragon is painted, we assure you that the detail will be amazing and blow the minds of all our backers and future backers

ALSO:

SNEAK PEAK into concept art for the next miniature, an evil Necromancer. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for this or any of our miniatures..

Thanks so much and more to come soon,
    Stephen Culotta

First of all we wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Years and hope all had a great holidays. Now that the holidays are over, its back to work as normal

2013 is going to be a big year for Terathan, as the miniature collection is growing fast and we are getting very close to the full game itself. In the meantime we want to update on progress of the current miniatures...

The miniatures were sent off to the caster weeks ago, but due to the holiday rush for the caster, they were delayed. On on a good note, I was emailed 2 days ago and informed that the miniatures would be going into the molds over this past weekend and I should see some metals within a day or two. As soon as I get the images, I will be posting an update to show everyone how they are coming along. Right after I get the metal masters, and approve them, the casting will begin

Now as for the large dragon being sculpted, here are some more teaser images of the works in progress:

Remember these are still works in progress, but this piece is going to be amazing. Right now, armor for the dragon that can be removed, is in the thinking process. What we are going for is a dragon that can be fitted with armor, when its mounted by the Necromacer. All these pieces would be modular and interchanging.

Any ideas, critique, or wishes, you have for this piece, please let us know.

thanks,
    Stephen Culotta

QUICK UPDATE - Wanted to show our backers an update on the progress of the Terathan miniatures, art, and bestiary entries. This is not 100% final, but you can get a general idea on how it's coming along. The NEW concept art is complete on the Felmere miniature, and you can view it below:

“The tale of the Merenthi—that once-noble race, led by its female warriors of unparalleled strength and viciousness—is now told as a warning to all those children who show too much pride or a ruthlessness. And while there are many versions and increasingly complex details on how their fall came about, the basic lesson remains the same: Never make deals with demons.”

Monster Name: Felmere

Monster Description: A member of a demonically empowered race of female warriors who excel in ranged attacks and ambushes, thanks to their wings. Felmere are the remnants of a once-powerful kingdom that saved itself from destruction by allying with demonic forces—at the cost of any sanity or humanity they once possessed. Now driven forward by their demon lords, these winged horrors’ only purpose is to spread chaos and destruction. While they hold to some semblance of military rank and order, in battle, they quickly devolve into deadly mayhem, and can often slaughter one another simply for the pure joy of death and bloodshed.

Monster Evolution: The Felmere come from a human race known as the Merenthi, known for their maiden warriors who were relentless in battle. As the Merenthi grew in power, so did their pride and desire to conquer new lands—until they encountered another kingdom as equally ferocious and determined to rule as they. Despite many bloody battles, the Merenthi were slowly driven back into the heart of their own country. Facing defeat and desperate to reclaim their dwindling glory, the leader of the Felmere made a secret pact with a powerful demonic coven, trading the souls of her people in exchange for guaranteed victory over their foes. The Merenthi were infused with demonic energy, growing horns, wings, and hooves, as well as enhanced fighting prowess and an endless bloodlust. These new Felmere wiped out the opposing army in a nightmarish final battle—but in the end, lost their mind and souls to the demonic forces that now consume them all.

Special Abilities:
    • Fel Arrow – A shot from the Felmere bow hits true, striking for [X] initial damage and causing a bleeding wound on the target for the next two turns.

• War Shriek - The Felmere cries out to its demon lord, empowering its next strike with +1 blood damage.

• Blood Frenzy – The Felmere scents blood of wounded prey, and is able to strike twice in its next turn.

• Horrify – The Felmere displays the trophies of its past victims, reducing the resolve of any targets within 10 meters.

If you have any suggestions, please let us know. Remember this is YOUR game and YOUR miniatures, so we want these to be nothing short of PERFECT
    Thanks so much,
    Stephen Culotta

Another Update

Well after a lot of worrying and wondering on how the miniature greens would fair from the heat of the vulcanization mold, I am VERY PLEASED on the results. The first set of miniatures were removed from the mold yesterday and came out fantastic. Now these are only the metal masters, which the mold lines and minor casting flaws will be removed, prior to the making of the final casting mold. So without any further rambling, here are your first pics of the Metal masters:

Overall I am very happy with the results Once these bad boys are painted, the true detail and idea of the miniatures will be brought to life.

Thanks everyone for their support and please let me know if you have any ideas, suggestions, comments, etc
    Stephen Culotta

Another exciting update from TERATHAN .. Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn has been progressing into a miniature that has exceed my expectations by far. The extreme amount of detail put into this miniature is just mind blowing and now that its being test fitted for assembly, primed, and professionally painted, people will finally see how much work went into this miniature. From exposed rotting flesh, decaying organs, exposed bones, and rotting wings, one can see how this dragon has suffered from centuries of slow rot and painful decay.

The kit is far from complete as it will also include the following:

One evil Necromancer miniature for riding the dragon into battle

One evil Necromancer, full miniature, standing off to the side controlling the dragon's wraith and destruction

2nd dragon head, armored

Complete 2nd set of wings, fuller and larger, armored

AND more planned

The idea of this set is to give the player many options on how to assemble the miniature to their liking and game play needs. So without any further ramblings, please check out our test fit and primed Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn:

** The 2nd wing is complete, but drying before assembly, so its not on the dragon **

Looking Gooooood if I must say Now its time for your input.. What do you want in a miniature like this? Suggestions? Critique? Etc? Please let us know, so we can make this miniature something YOU WANT

thanks everyone,
    Stephen Culotta

Good Morning - UPDATE Time

Just another quick update on the progress of Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn. The painting is almost complete and all I have to say is "WOW!". The dragon's green sculpture was kinda hard to tell how much detail went into this dragon, but now that its close to completion on the painting, you can see every ligament, muscle tissue, rotting flesh, exposed bone, and internal organs. Still in the works for this dragon:

Two Miniature Necromancers, one being mounted and the other off controlling the dragon

A new set of wings, arms, head, and tail tip, all armored for the use of a armored mounted dragon, ready for battle

A second neck, were it curves towards the end, armored, and a 2nd armored head roaring into battle

The idea is to make this miniature kit versatile, to fit all aspects of gaming and the gamer's needs. Please let me know what you think and without further adieu, Lograthanon's Skinless Spawn:

These images are scaled down for emailing, but I would love for you to look at a up close view of this image to appreciate the detail made into this miniature. Zoom in, look at the left arm - the torn rotted muscle and ligaments still attached to the decayed bony arm. The wings grotesque appearance showing centuries of slow painful rot. Look at the wounds where you can see parts of the scaly skin has rotted away and the foot where partial ligaments and bones holding the skeletal rotted foot together.

** The miniature is just there for scaling purposes and has nothing to do with this miniature or the miniatures for the game **

http://www.terathan.com/kickstarter/...-pain-full.JPG

I really hope you like what we having going on here. There is lots more coming, but could not wait any longer to show you the progress. The painting still needs completion, which will include bringing out some of the exposed organs, the dragon's eyes, etc.

Any ideas, suggestions, critique, on this miniature- Or should I say MASSIVE-TURE, please let me know.

Thanks so much,
    Stephen Culotta