Kingdom Death - Grandmother

Thread: Kingdom Death - Grandmother

Default Kingdom Death - Grandmother

http://www.coolminiornot.com/320138

Done for the WAMP KD contest. A daunting mini, but then all KD minis are daunting. C&C appreciated.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Blog Entries

Man, that looks really good. Maybe a little more contrast in the wings but other than that this is one of your best.

Yeah, I agree with Milosh. Looks good but a little more contrast on the wings would be nice. I like what you've done with the base... almost makes it look like there's a spot light on the figure. Best of luck with the contest. I'm hoping to get my entry finished this weekend.

I love what you've done with the base :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

Not bad, agree more contrast on the wings would help but it nice seeing darker wings for a change
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

It turned out really nice good luck with the competition

Good job dude glad to see you finished it! I agree with others about the wings but all in all a very solid mini~ Keep it up
    My Rank -

Great work
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

yes I really like this a lot - could do with bigger pics - well done!

They sure do make weird stuff. Solid paint here!

Nice!

I'm consistently blown away with these Kingdom of Death sculptures - are they as awesome in person as they are in photograph? I don't own any yet and am finding myself wanting to change that.

Flow, I've got two, the 32mm pinup survivor and the 54mm white speaker (which you can see in my WIP thread). I've been very pleased with both and plan to get more. Several of the figures come with options that I didn't know about until I opened them up, which was a nice surprise. For example the white speaker has two heads, one with the face covering and one without. I don't know if this is true for the entire range of course.

With their kickstarter up and running I'd expect to see a lot of their figures released in plastic around a year from now. How it will affect the quality I can't say, but it looks like it will bring down the price quite a bit. Everything else they've done seems to be to a high standard so I'm not too worried about the plastic versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    Flow, I've got two, the 32mm pinup survivor and the 54mm white speaker (which you can see in my WIP thread). I've been very pleased with both and plan to get more. Several of the figures come with options that I didn't know about until I opened them up, which was a nice surprise. For example the white speaker has two heads, one with the face covering and one without. I don't know if this is true for the entire range of course.

With their kickstarter up and running I'd expect to see a lot of their figures released in plastic around a year from now. How it will affect the quality I can't say, but it looks like it will bring down the price quite a bit. Everything else they've done seems to be to a high standard so I'm not too worried about the plastic versions.
    I am going to have to break and get a couple of these then. My painting skills are probably not quite up to the challenge yet; but they appear awesomely detailed and wondrously weird, and I'm not going to be able to pass that up.

Bailey's right - I've got a stack of em, and the detail is amazing. Especially for their size. So delicate. And wierd. But that's part of their appeal.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/320138

Done for the WAMP KD contest. A daunting mini, but then all KD minis are daunting. C&C appreciated.
    She is GORGEOUS!

This thread (as well as Bailey's) cost me over 70 bucks today! If the wife finds out, it's all your fault.