Monkeyman's mayhem! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Monkeyman's mayhem!

Blog Entries

Fantastic work so far on this model. I love those metals and the roughness of them and the face is top notch.

Hey all!

The captain america/space marine piece is still progressing, but i had a little distraction last weekend in the form of a workshop with Alfonso Giraldes and it was AMAZING. I put up some thoughts of the recent workshop with Banshee, progress pics and final pics of the bust up on my blog! i hope its of some interest!!

http://monkeyman7x.com/2014/08/03/a-lesson-in-flesh/

Also,,,here are the voting links for anyone kind enough
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/362609 combined image
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/362610 close up

and...

That bust is very dramatic, but still quite pleasant looking. Not an easy thing to do!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

thanks Zab!

well its now time to start thinking about GW models as i decided i'll check out warhammer fest in october. Ive got 2 pieces planned and am currently doing the conversion/modelling work. Here is the beginnings of the first piece

i'll share the second piece once its more progressed, hopefully later tonight
    i hope you like!

cool, cant wait to see what you come up with, im expecting masterpieces here see you in uk!

Blog Entries

Cool article on your blog!~ I loved the bit about colors having meaning: Red = life.

I read everything I could on color theory last year and it helped, but a lot of the color theory stuff seems very algebraic.

Think of my colors more as part of my story might be really helpful for me. I have always been good at stories... algebra, not so much.

Thanks for sharing!

cheers stefan! cant wait to see you at ukgd too those empire guys and the slaanesh fella are looking great!

and thanks demihuman! im glad you found something useful on my blog sometimes i wonder if anyone finds it useful at all hehe

As promised,,,here is the beginnings of the second entry. The dwarf is now primed and awaiting the brush hehe.....
    serious question on this piece though,,,,,does it go into 40k monster,,,or build a base directly into a plinth and put it into diorama??? there is 4 minis on it after all oO

the little ball on his shoulder will be a squid,,,like on my kraken hunter ogre. i still need to smooth the hat and sculpt the trim/border and a centre piece for it,,,aswell as add the brass etch feathers. Im planning to paint him in a similar scheme to the robot i did a while back. quite light armour but super rusted like an old fishing boat,,,,the idea is that he is basically a pirate ship

Chris

Yaarrrr! That be the saltiest seadog to never sail the seven seas!!!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

this is the kind of minis that benefit of finecast, way more manageable than a massive metal lump. a monster to paint though!

So so true! the metal version was a real nightmare!!

anyway, heres some progress on the dwarf the face was really a nightmare because there isn't much space to do anything. Also the sculpt of the face is not the best really. I've tried my best to add some colour to the nose, cheeks and eyes etc!

let me know what you think!

Chris

and the gold/bronze continues! i still have some glazes to add, but basic highlighting/shading is done around the face i hope you like him!!!

nope, I don't like dwarves
    but the gold (and the painting itself) looks ace

atleast you like the gold

done for today

tired!

Incredible stuff!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

ive been lazy naughty me i know but i really didnt feel the urge to paint and work has been crazy!!! anyway,,,,hopefully i bigger update tomorrow!

Blog Entries

Love the focus on his face. I do kind of want him to be holding a tankard of dwarven ale instead of a hammer. I get the base and all...the anvil hat...

Dwarf is coming along nicely. Love the little detail of the quill on top of the book. Really nice touch that really adds to it in my humble uninformed opinion

That Dwarf is beautiful Chris! Love it. Can't wait to see what you do with Ghazkull too!

Good lord look at that beard. Love the basing on the dwarf and the flash git hat on the ork (looks like a dreadnought). New fan! Can't wait to see more.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

c'mon chris! isnt the dwarf supposed to be finished already?