WoW Sylvanas figure conversion - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WoW Sylvanas figure conversion

You, Sir, are the AWESOME of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Awesome idea with the cloth. It should add an extra touch of authenticity that would be hard to recreate with clay.
    Thanks, and yeah, I'm happy that the idea actually worked fairly well. If it hadn't, I'm not sure what I would have done instead. The top part will eventually be blended into the cloak with greenstuff, and it will also help server as anchor to give the rest of it some support.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    You, Sir, are the AWESOME of the day!
    lol, thanks!

How is she coming along?
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Your modesty is charming. This is one of the best projects I have seen since joining this Site. Thank you for sharing your work.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by moetle View Post
    How is she coming along?
    Wow, I didn't realize someone had commented since January. I picked up the figure again today to see about continuing on it, and in the interim, some damage happened to it. The left leg that I had permanently attached was now broken off at the joint and neither of my brothers claim to know anything about it. >_>

With that bad news, I decided I would try to fix some of the things about her that still bothered me since my sculpting skills have improved a lot since the last update. First off, I removed those comically large breasts and will sculpt some appropriate sized replacements as well as the "armor" on her upper body. Then I decided I didn't really like the weird hot pants and jewelry thing around it, so that got cut off too. The weird pose of her upper body with the extremely arched back and dropped shoulders is something I would like to change as well, but with the rebuilding, I'll be taking this one step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Your modesty is charming. This is one of the best projects I have seen since joining this Site. Thank you for sharing your work.
    Thanks! I wish I had better news to come back to this thread with, but hopefully it will turn out even better now.
    Last edited by Kageboshi; 06-19-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Cool, good to hear that you've picked this up again. I'm looking forward to new photos and see what you've done with her. Somehow it feels as if there will not be many original parts left on that model.

Also, just because, y'know, it's so damn pretty:

Name:  dat-ass-dolphins-vs-penguin.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  38.9 KB
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

I hacked up the torso something fierce, and I may just sculpt a completely new one because the material the figure is made of is quite a pain in the ass to work with, and I'd still need to do some more chopping on it.

Here's a shot of the damaged leg and what I've done with the torso:

Oh, glad you liked dat ass, lol. The original one was flat and kinda shapeless, and we couldn't have that.

I'm slightly freaked out that you cut off her boobs - ah, that was a weird thing to write! Welcome back anyhow, I'm going to go try to unfreak me out...

They'll be back, just in more compact and less ridiculous size.

awesome job all around. and respect for cutting her boobs im so tired of seeing female minis with boobs like huge bowling balls.

Yep, good call on the 'redesign' on her boobs. This is a great WIP to follow.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    awesome job all around. and respect for cutting her boobs im so tired of seeing female minis with boobs like huge bowling balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Yep, good call on the 'redesign' on her boobs. This is a great WIP to follow.
    I was actually a little worried that I'd get the opposite reaction for the double mastectomy, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one tired of the gigantits on every female figure these days.

Here's a little update after pinning the torso and the abdomen back together and filling in the damaged areas. Strangely enough, after cutting off the hot pants and the weird jewelry around her hips, it seems to have made her ass look a LOT bigger, or is it just me?

I;m biased to the big boobs, but I guess I'm just used to celebrating Canada's greatest hits ...
    Name:  pamela-anderson-bra-and-panties.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  12.7 KBName:  Shania+Twain+st_6.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  53.8 KB
    Go ahead and say "greatest hits" 3 times really fast

Booo, Pam was AMAZING when she first showed up in Playboy and still had real boobs. She got gross.

Don't get me wrong, I like a sweater meat on a lady, but my issue with the female minis is that the vast majority of the time, their breasts are huge and look like they had basketballs implanted under their skin. Large with a natural shape to them I'd be OK with, but implants aren't attractive to me at all.

Thanks for helping to confirm my "Canada has hot women" theory, Zab. Also- Alisha Cuthbert, Evangeline Lilly,Caroline Dhavernas (bonus points if you even know who she is), Anna Paquin, I could go on.
    Anyhoo, I like how the armor around the legs was going so this will be interesting to see where it goes, as that looked technical. I'm so much happier they updated Sylvanas in WotLK. I am one of the truly old schoolers who remembers her as a pale Night Elf with a hood.

Shania did a make up commercial, Revlon IIRC, and good LORD did she look hot in that. So much so I always had to excuse myself after viewing it.

And yes, I was on WoW the 3rd day of launch and recall the horrible state Syl used to be in. It was also nice to see Tyrande get a similar upgrade. I quit the game shortly after Cataclysm, came back for a couple weeks when Panda launched and haven't touched it since.

Kageboshi so glad to see someone else is fed up with fake boobs on models. A friend of mine recently put it that if you refrence boobs on google you see more fake than real one's so no wonder so many are made that way personally I'd rather see natural one's. keep up the great work !
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Now, I'm not a Doctor, but I think that ass looks just fine.
    The Future Of Magic Wash is Klear

supervike: This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!!

Dragonsreach: Oh my goodness, an Orrery and the Time Machine, at this time of the morning. I think I need a stiff cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    Kageboshi so glad to see someone else is fed up with fake boobs on models. A friend of mine recently put it that if you refrence boobs on google you see more fake than real one's so no wonder so many are made that way personally I'd rather see natural one's. keep up the great work !
    I'm one of those people that have a hard time drawing/ sculpting things that aren't in front of me and I haven't felt...

Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    Kageboshi so glad to see someone else is fed up with fake boobs on models.
    I've seen some implant jobs that looked decent, and by that I mean not enormous and/or not so obviously fake that they have cleavage with no clothes on, but for the most part, I prefer naturals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidane View Post
    Now, I'm not a Doctor, but I think that ass looks just fine.
    Thanks, lol. The one the model comes with just looked awful.