xmas party
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xmas party

Default xmas party

yes its that time again, no xmas party from the nazi boss so we are funding our own

Then the Hobbit on the morrow

ah, I feel like a free man, well just for the weekend!

"we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Never have a xmas party at my work. Family buisiness so dont really see the point. I do like to occasionally sneak into other places partys though. Even got to chat to the director of the biggest telecom company over here whilst getting free drinks at his work do! Skillz :P Ruined it a bit by getting caught up in a fight then everyone realised i didnt even work there and got kicked out but hey ho, was good till then.
    Eager to see the Hobbit too but I'm a bit worried by the reviews its got so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ball View Post
    yes its that time again, no xmas party from the nazi boss so we are funding our own
    Wonderful!!!!
    I despise The Official Christmas Party where you are expected to cosy up to the Tw*ts that you've never been able to stand and be their best buddy.
    Sadly I've also seen too many marriages and relationships ruined because of this particular "Festive Season" tradition.
    Also had to be the guy on whose shoulder mucho crying was done post party.

I'd far rather just be given the time off to do a bit of christmas shopping.
    Happened at one place I worked we got 'bonus day' to "sign in" and then told to bugger off to christmas shop. Great boss, mad as a hatter, excellent legs she had too.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Hehe I remember an almost word for word thread this time last year ;-)

[edit] Found it!!!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-No-Xmas-party
    Last edited by moonmin82; 12-14-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: linky
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

I've got 3 this year. My xray dept was in a local rugby club that was cheap and fun with a stunning buffet. The day after, I went to GW head office party that was a pound a drink (includes shots out of ice shot glasses and quality ales) and therefore carnage. I think that's why GW prices are so high - to pay off the xmas do!! Next week, I have the cardiology one which is a MUCH more expensive affair and some fancy hotel and I fear I'm gonna have to dress up smart
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Off out for a curry tonight with a few work mates. Should be good!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

Quote Originally Posted by moonmin82 View Post
    Hehe I remember an almost word for word thread this time last year ;-)

[edit] Found it!!!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-No-Xmas-party
    So still true to my colours.......Bah and Humbug!
    Grumpy old git-ishness stays forever.
    Christmas parties only last as long as either the Hangover or the STD.
    (or in one case 22+ years and counting...)
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 12-15-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    , and proud of it.

Don't really have Christmas, here
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

GW do know how to throw a good party... five a side charity football last year.. open bar afterwards...

Cheapest bastards ever here. The speech by the principle is normaly followed by a Christmas buffet but ever since they outsourced the catering it has been awful so much so that last year it was a jacket potato ! This year they've gone one better (or worse if you will!) by alleging that few people wanted a free hot meal, which is an outright lie; so instead a mince pie and mulled apple juice! Can't stand mince pies and mulled apple juice ffs?!? Had a word with one of the catering staff and it turns out the real reason is that they charge forty pence for the the mince pie combo as opposed to £3 for the meal. I mean come on how cheap is that?

So in disgust everyone has booked meetings and training etc etc for when the principles address is on so hopefully she should be speaking to an empty hall and choking down the mince pie by herself! Tw*t!
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 12-16-2012 at 05:35 AM.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Our management constantly bombard us with "gift" packets of ASDA mince pies at the Christmas season.
    Out of some forty people only ONE likes Mince pies and that's not me as I think they are foul abominations of the catering world!
    , and proud of it.

Yet again you show your intelligence and wisdom sir as you agree with me on the mince pie torture breach of human rights issue
    Sorry about the tw*t bit.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

My paternal grandmother (The Welsh one) was a very good cook, but she insisted in making huge quantities of mince pies at the silly season.
    Of the 15-16 of us who would be there for Christmas Tea, we were expected to eat at least four each. (This on top of Turkey, Stuffing Brussel sprouts etc.......)
    No wonder Alka Seltzer was always in the medicine cabinet.

But as an aside Fran & I did have Haggis for tea on Friday.
    , and proud of it.

I'm so sorry to hear of your awful experience on Friday. Had you offended Fran in some fashion?
    Last edited by AndyG; 12-16-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    Here be my ranking=

Nope she makes Haggis a great meal.
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Yet again you show your intelligence and wisdom sir as you agree with me on the mince pie torture breach of human rights issue
    Sorry about the tw*t bit.
    I notice you didn't say AGE there Andy
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Well as per usual our Christmas meal is tomorrow - at the Indian restaurant local to the boss. This year has been awful so it's the least that any of us deserve if I'm honest.

Oh and completely agree, on the Mince Pies - they're horrible monstrosities...

Blog Entries

Well Ginsters have a free party and apparantly its pretty good, but as it spans people from four different shifts I have always not bothered as I dont really know people on the other shifts aside from a couple.

so I crashed my old Morrisons works do for the princely sum of £30, they dont mind as I worked there so long I am a random +1 lol! Good quality meal, free wine on the table the music played was okay, I dont do dancing so I just did much admiring of the girls who were dancing and just caught up with people. A fine affair which ended with a completely drunken mate panicking that he lost his mobile phone then discovering it was in a side pocket and then him leaving it on the seat anyway when he departed from the coach - a fine opportunity for a practical joke I thought as he recently lost his previous fun as well. After some teasing on Facebook I saved the day and returned his phone and I watched as he happily skipped into the sunset towards the pub to get drunk and lose his phone again....

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

I am happy that I live in Sweden and have a good employee that takes us out to "julbord" a sessional swedish smörgåsbord. Where you typoically find atleast 15 diffrent kind of dishes to choose from.

Below is an exampel list of what can be found on a table:

The Swedish Christmas Buffet is usually divided into cold meats, warm meat dishes, fish dishes, cheese & desserts, and Christmas sweets. Apart from these tasty categories, there are drinks, pastries and – Christmas porridge!

Warm meat dishes: meatballs, sausages, spare ribs, 'Jansson's Temptation' (potato, onion & anchovy bake), brown beans, kale, 'brunkål' (cabbage cooked with vinegar, salt and syrup), red cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and 'dopp i grytan' (bread dipped in ham dripping).

Fish: different types of pickled herring, for example mustard herring, schnapps herring and onion herring, gravlax, smoked and poached salmon, fish and shellfish pates, and 'lutfisk' – a dish made with stockfish.

Cold meats: ham, brawn, smoked sausage, liver pate, pig's trotters.

Drinks: a selection of traditional Swedish Christmas drinks, including beer and Glögg (served with raisins and almonds) and schnapps.

Also on the buffet: bread made with brewer's wort, a cheese board, rice pudding,'ris á la malta' (cold dessert with rice and fruit), saffron buns, ginger snaps, a selection of Christmas sweets, nuts and fruit.

http://jadaye.wordpress.com/2012/01/...f-scandinavia/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sm%C3%B6rg%C3%A5sbord
    http://asiatoptravel.info/food-and-drink-in-sweden.htm
    Last edited by Kretcher; 12-21-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Are you seriously telling us there is a drink called Glögg in Sweden? That has got to be the best name for an alcoholic beverage I have ever encountered. Hooray for Sweden!
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer